Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

Are you getting these updates from the playstore? I installed the APK but I'm not getting anything
Yes it keeps going back and forth to 4.2.8 and 4.2.12 I already have 4.2.12 installed and it still says update in play store.

This is the cached video from my phone and look how smooth the video downlink on 4.2.12 you can tell with the Cars absolutely no lagging or dropouts at all and this is the cache video. This was with otg on Android Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo.
Edit I forgot to say this was about 3000 feet out over heavily WiFi populated area as well.

Reactions: Sparkster
Another new update for the 4.2.12. Which I'm already using and have it downloaded on my s8.
Has anyone spoken to dji and asked why they keep pulling the Google play store go app back and forth?

View attachment 4695

Thanks, once more. :cool:

What's the release version number on this one, I may give it a try to see whether I get my WiFi bars back?

EDIT: I see that your original apk link is still v557, any chance of extracting the new apk? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: idbl_fanatic
I'm having the same issue with the Android OTG and my Note 4, no distance or height. A warning here, I went through four different brand new OTG cables before finding one that allowed a connection and I got the "Go Fly" message, so be aware!

Reactions: Haggi
I got it last Tuesday but it keeps getting taken down I have the new 4.2.12 downloaded on my phone s8 and when I go to Google play store it's gone back to 4.2.8 version. I think dji are working on bugs.
Mine hasn't gone back to 4.2.8 in GP, but I think you are right. I think anyone who happened to download the original 4.2.12 release from GP continues to get the updates of 4.2.12 as DJI works on it. Everyone else doesn't get it because they have not officially released it.

I guess the original release out there was a mistake? Or maybe a purposeful "mistake" to allow for more real world testing?

Reactions: sebrandao

What's the release version number on this one, I may give it a try to see whether I get my WiFi bars back?

EDIT: I see that your original apk link is still v557, any chance of extracting the new apk? :)
This is the version from the update I got yesterday, v574. I'll extract the APK and upload it a little later unless someone beats me to it. 20180424_064538.jpg

My original link for the APK should be updated now with the new version. I was able to upload it from my phone, it didn't let me do it last time and I had to wait to use my computer at work.

DJI 4 v4.2.12 Back on Google Play

I was just prompted to 'upgrade' to 4.2.8... and I was hoping to finally get 12 (which I sideloaded).

Still no WiFi signal graph bars on either of my Nexus devices. :(
I don't know why everyone of the new versions of 4.2.12 has had the WiFi bars on the graph on my Samsung s8. Really weird is anyone else having this problem with there devices. Mine takes a minute to show the bars they don't show instantly. Have you given it a minute to refresh?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis