Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

It should be charging the phone from the controller, then you know that it's the right way round, the RC is the 'Host', the phone is the 'Client'.

I've found that OTG will only work with WiFi off on the phone.

You may have to disconnect the RC end of the OTG connection, and reconnect it after the RC-AC connection is made, and while Go4 is running, for it to recognise the OTG connection.

Those are the only pitfalls I've encountered, it may be an idiosyncrasy of the phone though.
Still not working. I followed all of your steps with two different OTG cables - one of them is the DJI goggles cable. Not working. I guess it must be my phone. Samsung Galaxy S4. I only use the phone as a screen for the Spark. I will try again with my primary phone, Moto E4 Plus.

Just took my Spark out to play for the first time since January and delighted to discover that OTG is back! I'd pretty much given up on the Spark since flying with 5.8Ghz wifi in CE was so terrible, but now with OTG again it's like having my drone back all shiny and brand new :). Maybe I don't need to upgrade to Mavic after all.

Just been flying around night photography in ce mode and it's absolutely terrible the furthest I could get out of it was just over 1000 feet and the feed was laggy as hell. I don't remember pressing ok from fcc mode I was flying and kept getting disconnections and checked WiFi and it had changed to 13 channels. I want fcc back man. Ce has totally restricted these dji drones with the ce standard.

Just been flying around night photography in ce mode and it's absolutely terrible the furthest I could get out of it was just over 1000 feet and the feed was laggy as hell. I don't remember pressing ok from fcc mode I was flying and kept getting disconnections and checked WiFi and it had changed to 13 channels. I want fcc back man. Ce has totally restricted these dji drones with the ce standard.
so the recent update even worst? whats the recommended rolloback version?

Went and testing the 4.2.16 Go4 App at night
This is the 720p cached version of the video so this is what I was seeing when flying was ok on this flight

Here's the screen recording YouTube video

Reactions: Haggi
My flight time is getting up there with my spark and mavic pro. 25 hours 185 flights [emoji2] Screenshot_20180611-140645.jpg

Reactions: Haggi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav