Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

Updated the 1st post as well to the new app APK version number 577. Havnt tried it myself yet I'm stuck in work and the sun's just come out boooo. Haha. Finish in a few hours. Not long to go.

sent on my Sammy s8 with Dji spark attached to it [emoji16]

Last edited:
Reactions: Haggi
Okay. Now that my DJI Go 4 app is upgraded to 4.2.12, I have 2 experiences to report back.

Loss connections
I was flying tonight. All was well with the first flight. But upon the 2nd flight (2nd battery - which was still around 60%), the Spark was only 126 meters from Home, it lost signal. By that, I meant the drone loss connection to the RC, the video froze and App stopped working. Luckily, the drone automatically RTH, it established connection with the RC and there were video, but I noted that the camera was tilted one side on its way back.

I tried a 3rd battery and this time, the Spark was only within 10 meters away from Home, but was 120 meters high. Same thing, loss connection with the RC, no video, App stopped working. RTH was good (whew!), established connection on landing and camera was tilted.

By this time, I stop flying and came back indoor. The camera and gimble seem fine.

I'm at a loss what happen, had anyone experience this issue with v4.2.12?

Please note my mobile phone is connected to the RC via wifi.I don't have a OTG cable yet to try.

Reset back to CE
On V4.2.8, every time I get into the DJI Go 4 app, it asked me whether I want to change the WLAN setting (as it detects I am in a CE country, but the app was previously set to FCC). I normally typed CANCEL to retain FCC mode. I noticed v4.2.12 had defaulted me to CE and no longer see the WLAN message to set to FCC (I was Floater to set my GPS location to US).

Any experience here from other Spark pilots?

Baffel'd by the dedication.. *clapping hands*
Got to get it out to the masses. I can't believe how many updates dji are doing. This is my 5th or 6tg I've lost count now [emoji23]

Reactions: Haggi
Got to get it out to the masses. I can't believe how many updates dji are doing. This is my 5th or 6tg I've lost count now [emoji23]

Could be constant updates because they didn't mean to push it out so early and its unstable? A lot of reports about random crashes in the thread, aint tried my spark out yet with .12 but It's scaring me a bit lol

Could be constant updates because they didn't mean to push it out so early and its unstable? A lot of reports about random crashes in the thread, aint tried my spark out yet with .12 but It's scaring me a bit lol
Nothing to be scared about. If you always listen and make sure the home point is set there's no need go worry just press that return to the home point button and it will return home. Just make sure in setting that you set the return to home hight setting higher than the surrounding trees or buildings where you are flying.

Nothing to be scared about. If you always listen and make sure the home point is set there's no need go worry just press that return to the home point button and it will return home. Just make sure in setting that you set the return to home hight setting higher than the surrounding trees or buildings where you are flying.

Just got .12 OTA. Utah USA. Going to test tonight. Noticed the chamgelog says fixing OTG for spark in the notes.

Just installed 4.2.12_577 on two Nexus (5&7) devices, pleased to report that I now have signal bars in the WiFi graph.

Haven't tried custom WiFi setting to 2.4GHz yet, so if it loses bars afterwards I'll know what caused it this time.

IMG_20180425_180617.jpg

IMG_20180425_175316.jpg

Just installed 4.2.12_577 on two Nexus (5&7) devices, pleased to report that I now have signal bars in the WiFi graph.

Haven't tried custom WiFi setting to 2.4GHz yet, so if it loses bars afterwards I'll know what caused it this time.

IMG_20180425_180617.jpg

IMG_20180425_175316.jpg
[emoji23] Are you still got a use for the brilliant Nexus 5 phone. I absolutely loved mine and I was gutted when I lost it on a night out I didn't know that it could run the Dji go app. How is it?

[emoji23] Are you still got a use for the brilliant Nexus 5 phone. I absolutely loved mine and I was gutted when I lost it on a night out I didn't know that it could run the Dji go app. How is it?
Not to get off topic, but I also have a Nexus 5, that I use as my home phone on MagicJack

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
A while ago I checked the PlayStore (Italy) and I finally found that version 4.2.12 was available (577). The automatic update was not performed and to download the new version I had to uninstall the 4.2.8 through the playstore. A few seconds and Dji Go 4 4.2.12 was on my OnePlus 5.
Now I have to wait until, Saturday or Sunday, I will be back home and I can try the spark with the updated app.
Thank you all for providing valuable and useful information.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast