Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

CE to FCC Mode without App Modification (Android)

Sakis

Join
Feb 6, 2018
Hi to all.
New owner, new member. I do not know if this specific method has been discussed again (apart the modded Go4 apps methods) somewhere else in this forum but thought I could give it a try. It is really easy and straight forward.

The basic idea is to region "fool" just once the Go4 app, make it enable the FCC mode at your RC, and then to reveal again your true region and never allow it to return back to CE.

Tested and working as a charm:
  • Important: go first to your phone's GPS Settings and select GPS Only.
  • Find in Google Play Store and install any free application that can fool-fake your phone's GPS by overwriting your phone's current proximity. There is a vast selection you can choose from. I have used Fake GPS Location - Hola - Android Apps on Google Play and worked fine for me.
  • Open the chosen application, follow the instructions and select any location you wish throughout the US area as your current location. Next, you can exit the app and let it run in the background. From now on and as long as the app is running in the background, you are officially somewhere in the US. Guess what will happen next...:)
  • Power on your RC, power on your Spark and wait until connection is established (green led on RC)
  • Connect your phone to the RC, open the original DJI Go 4 app on your device and just wait to load as usual. After a few seconds the Go4 app will prompt you with a message saying that you are operating in a different region and if you want to change the settings. Press OK. Right after, the Spark will start blinking rapidly and you are going to lose connection for a few seconds till your RC changes from CE to FCC mode. When connection re-establishes you should be on FCC mode. You can confirm the FCC change by checking the channels in Go4 WiFi settings (must be 11 instead of 13).
  • Now, the fake GPS app is not longer needed and you can return again to your true GPS location by either stopping the fake GPS app in the background or/and uninstalling the fake GPS app from your device.
  • Remember that from now on, every and each time you open the Go4 app, it will recognize again your true location and you will prompted to change back to the CE regional settings of your current true CE location. You do not want to do that and must always press CANCEL to maintain FCC mode to your RC. This means that you will be able operate your aircraft at your current CE region using the FCC mode.
  • If you accidentally press OK to the above step, you will be returned to CE mode again and you will have to repeat the whole process from scratch.
My purpose is to obtain stronger signal in areas where might be communication difficulties between the RC and Spark.

Happy & Safe Flights ;)

Last edited:
Hi to all.
New owner, new member. I do not know if this specific method has been discussed again (apart the modded Go4 apps methods) somewhere else in this forum but thought I could give it a try. It is easy and straight forward.

Tested and working as a charm:
  • Important: go first to your phone's GPS Settings and select GPS Only.
  • Find in Google Play Store and install any free application that can fool-fake your phone's GPS by overwriting your phone's current proximity. There is a good selection you can choose from. I have used Fake GPS Location - Hola - Android Apps on Google Play and worked fine for me.
  • Open the application, follow the instructions and select any location you wish throughout the US area as your current location. Next, you can exit the app and let it run in the background. From now on and as long as the app is running in the background, you are officially somewhere in the US. Guess what will happen next...:)
  • Power on your Spark, power on your RC and wait until connection is established (green led on RC)
  • Open the original DJI Go 4 App on your device and just wait to connect to the RC. After a few seconds the app will prompt you with a message saying that you are operating in a different region and if you want to change the settings. Press OK. Right after, the Spark will start blinking rapidly and you are going to lose connection for a few seconds till your RC changes from CE to FCC mode. When connection re-establishes you can confirm the FCC change by checking the channels in Go4 WiFi settings (must be 11 instead of 13).
  • Now, you can allow again your true GPS location by uninstalling the Fake GPS app from your device but remember that every time you open the Go4 app, you will prompted the message to change the regional settings again. From now on you must always press CANCEL to maintain the FCC, otherwise you will be returned to CE mode.
  • If you accidentally press OK, you will have to repeat all the above steps again.

Happy & Safe Flights ;)
Really?
I have to try it.
Simple and clear.
Thanks.

Reactions: Mitskinyc
I have read somewhere that new versions of DJI app are changing FCC to CE automatically, not asking you, with no possibility to CANCEL change. Is it not true? I am not updating my app because of it and loosing OTG cable option.

Android latest version 4.2.6 still ask if you want to change the regional settings. So you still can cancel.
But OTG doesn't work, you have to keep 4.1.15

I have read somewhere that new versions of DJI app are changing FCC to CE automatically, not asking you, with no possibility to CANCEL change. Is it not true? I am not updating my app because of it and loosing OTG cable option.

What you read is not true at all... I am using the latest firmware and DJI GO 4 app (iOS) and I can confirm that it is not changing from FCC to CE without you saying OK to updating the WiFi settings. And, OTG is still fully functional (using iOS).

What you read is not true at all... I am using the latest firmware and DJI GO 4 app (iOS) and I can confirm that it is not changing from FCC to CE without you saying OK to updating the WiFi settings. And, OTG is still fully functional (using iOS).
Yes. Because iOS... :(
Apple = lovergirlfriend of DJI. :)

This is not true and yes the OTG cable still does NOT work android wise.

I've just tried this and it works really well.
I was only getting around 390m range in CE mode. Changed to FCC mode and got just over 1km.

Reactions: digitalmouse
hi everyone, i tried this, hola app worked, i was in cali, but in ireland, but in cali, anyway, i checked the wifi settings to confirm it had switched to channel 11 , but it remained on 13 , any suggestions? , i moved back to the earlier otg supporting version today and flew, but im still very much looking for a non hacked app solution if you could help

You also might want to be sure that you set the actual home point, and not to the controller/phone

Hi.
Am I to understand from the above comments that this trick only works for Android and not IOS?

Hi.
Am I to understand from the above comments that this trick only works for Android and not IOS?
It works for sure for Android. I do not know about ios. Maybe someone with ios could test and give us a hint.

For iOS , you’re
Going to need a Mac computer and on the computer you’re going to need to download Xcode it’s a program through the application store on your MacBook in there you’re going to create a project plug your device in allow trust certificates on the iOS device a.k.a. iPhone and from there you’re going to go down to the bottom of that program warehouse a little location bacon right click that beacon it will bring up change home location you can either enter a custom location or select from the various random ones lots of water in the US once you select your location And press run it will save that to the device and then you unplug the iPhone want you unplug the iPhone it is complete that iPhone will forever remain in wherever you set it to its essentially flashing the GPS chip it’s pretty simple if you have a MacBook takes about 10 minutes

Hi. A step by step Tutorial would be great for a newbie like me? I installed the Xcode program on my sons Mac, plugged in my Ipad mini and then what?

Hi. A step by step Tutorial would be great for a newbie like me? I installed the Xcode program on my sons Mac, plugged in my Ipad mini and then what?
Or just borrow an Android phone from a friend, do the gps thingy and return to using your iPhone. That’s what I do. Works fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme