Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Downgrade or modded app?

Willard

Join
May 9, 2018
Hi folks;

I am a relatively new Spark pilot. I recently (upgraded?) my phone to an iphone 8 and that left my Nexus 6p android phone to be a dedicated device for flying my Spark.

I had the latest DJI Go4 app on that phone. Using OTG or wifi, I have had horrible lag and issues with the Nexus 6p lately. These seem to go away with the iphone, but I like the larger screen of the Nexus 6p. Note: this phone has now been wiped and the 4.2.16 version of the app has been installed - but I have not flown this yet.

Question - should I downgrade the DJI Go4 app - which version is the most OTG and android friendly?
Question - should I try a modded app so I get a few more features - and which is the best version?

I've done some searching in the forums, but it seems to be a challenge to be sure about links and the latest/most recent versions of these files for download........

Help please?

Thanks!

I‘d go with the mod app because of easy FCC mode switching and Mavic flight modes.

Go with 4.1.22 if you do not use an OTG cable otherwise 4.1.14 or 15.

If you are tec savy patch it yourself. That way you can install all 3 plus the latest GO4 app in parallel with working maps. Just make sure you never run them at the same time.

Otherwise I‘d recommend buying a NFZ licence. Not only you can be sure not to install a trojan on your phone, you get easy tweaking of the Spark firmware parameters, removal of NFZ bloking plus you give something back to the people who made all this possible.

That said I have no relationship with them other than using their software.

Reactions: alditenen
I‘d go with the mod app because of easy FCC mode switching and Mavic flight modes.

Go with 4.1.22 if you do not use an OTG cable otherwise 4.1.14 or 15.

If you are tec savy patch it yourself. That way you can install all 3 plus the latest GO4 app in parallel with working maps. Just make sure you never run them at the same time.

Otherwise I‘d recommend buying a NFZ licence. Not only you can be sure not to install a trojan on your phone, you get easy tweaking of the Spark firmware parameters, removal of NFZ bloking plus you give something back to the people who made all this possible.

That said I have no relationship with them other than using their software.

Hello, I am looking for the latest update of the app dji go 4, previous to the one available in Spanish for android. Do you know where to consult?
thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast