Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RED WAYPOINT

Maybe some people would like to switch over from Auto to Manual during flight if they notice an interesting subject.

By the way, I might have missed it....does Red Waypoint have any option to select FCC mode in CE mode regions? Or does it operate as per the default options? If so, will GPS location spoofing using third party apps work?

Reactions: Red Waypoint
Maybe some people would like to switch over from Auto to Manual during flight if they notice an interesting subject.

By the way, I might have missed it....does Red Waypoint have any option to select FCC mode in CE mode regions? Or does it operate as per the default options? If so, will GPS location spoofing using third party apps work?
@Santanu Yes. It is possible to control the gimbal setting during flight, but not when planning a mission offline. And after all, this is a mission planning app.

As far as we know, the DJI SDK automatically sets either FCC or CE mode depending on the GPS of the aircraft. All third party apps have to use the SDK. DJI Go 4 is the only app I know that allows the GPS spoofing hack.

still work in progress - keep up the good work
Till then im using alternate thats been in use for a lot longer growing thru pains like you are experiencing now

to differentiate red WP
1. each WP have adjustable elevation
2. multiple POIs with elevation relative from groud zero (height of homepoint)
3. multiple triggers for multiple pois
4. c1 and c2 buttons for failsafe options

I recently tested this app with my DJI Spark. Good job, but still requred more field testing.
I checked one easy mission - just straight line of 10 meters with 3 points at 4 meters altitude.
Drone did it, but during the mission it lost connection twice (even i was staying in front of it with remote control) and then at the end it
began to gain altitude and fly away in a different direction (not to home point!). It soared to 30 meters up and I could barely took manual control to get it back.
I have never been so scared.
I could send a log file if you explain how to download it.
Tests, tests and tests again. Hope to see more stable version soon.

Spark last FW version, Remote controller, Android 7.0

So far I have flown several missions with this app and did not get any disconnect or major erratic behaviour. I did get disconnection with the latest DJI Go 4 though. Are you sure that the homepoint was set where you think it was? There is an option to manually set a homepoint... You may use it if in doubt.

feature to add:
- length of mission (meters)
- duration of mission (min:sec)
- interactive modification of grid mission (based on altitude, like ardupilot missionplanner)
- a function to reverse mission

...and if it is possible to vary the flight quota constantly between two waypoints instead to vary the flight quota before to go to next waypoint

So I compiled a video from after creating waypoints around a tower. I have several questions. Here is the video

1. I created 5 circular waypoints around the tower. Each at 75m altitude. Then I created a POI on the tower and set its altitude to 30m (the tower was 45m high. But the initial run did not point the gimbal down to the tower. The gimbal angle in each waypoint was kept at default 0.0 The gimbal kept pointing straight and so missed the tower completely. Later, during several re-runs I had manually lowered the gimbal using the slider. But the manual angle was not the same each time. So the footage differed each time.

I thought that gimbal would point to 30m at the POI automatically. Isn't that correct? Do I have to set gimbal angle at each waypoint separately? Then what is the purpose of setting POI height?

2. If I set a large number of circular waypoints, say, 30 (I had only 5), will it be a smooth circular motion? Or will there be a jerk at each waypoint? Can there be a smooth circular motion like the quickshot mode?

Thanks

I recently tested this app with my DJI Spark. Good job, but still requred more field testing.
I checked one easy mission - just straight line of 10 meters with 3 points at 4 meters altitude.
Drone did it, but during the mission it lost connection twice (even i was staying in front of it with remote control) and then at the end it
began to gain altitude and fly away in a different direction (not to home point!). It soared to 30 meters up and I could barely took manual control to get it back.
I have never been so scared.
I could send a log file if you explain how to download it.
Tests, tests and tests again. Hope to see more stable version soon.

Spark last FW version, Remote controller, Android 7.0
When finishing a mission and Returning to home, Altitude is normally set to 30meters still not configurable from red waypoint but you can change it on Dji Go, once it has reached the height it displaces to the green home point which was the problem you got?

feature to add:
- length of mission (meters)
- duration of mission (min:sec)
- interactive modification of grid mission (based on altitude, like ardupilot missionplanner)
- a function to reverse mission

...and if it is possible to vary the flight quota constantly between two waypoints instead to vary the flight quota before to go to next waypoint
Thanks for the suggestions some of them are currently developing

So I compiled a video from after creating waypoints around a tower. I have several questions. Here is the video

1. I created 5 circular waypoints around the tower. Each at 75m altitude. Then I created a POI on the tower and set its altitude to 30m (the tower was 45m high. But the initial run did not point the gimbal down to the tower. The gimbal angle in each waypoint was kept at default 0.0 The gimbal kept pointing straight and so missed the tower completely. Later, during several re-runs I had manually lowered the gimbal using the slider. But the manual angle was not the same each time. So the footage differed each time.

I thought that gimbal would point to 30m at the POI automatically. Isn't that correct? Do I have to set gimbal angle at each waypoint separately? Then what is the purpose of setting POI height?

2. If I set a large number of circular waypoints, say, 30 (I had only 5), will it be a smooth circular motion? Or will there be a jerk at each waypoint? Can there be a smooth circular motion like the quickshot mode?

Thanks
Lots of people are having the same problem, maybe it is not so evident, thinking to changing the way. When using POI the heading of the aircraft will point to the object but the gimbal needs to be set on automatic to adjust the angle automatically

Thanks
Nice video! Red waypoint still needs to smooth the heading when using POI, soon all this details will be implemented

Thanks
As more Waypoints the trajectory will be more circular maybe in a future a perfect circle mode will be added to orbits

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy