Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New user from sunny Los Angeles

Artamov

Join
Dec 27, 2023
Greetings! I've had a Spark since December 2017, but only use it occasionally. Strictly a hobbyist. I used it today to film my daughter on her new bike, and saw the expired FAA sticker under the battery. That led to taking the TRUST test, renewing the registration, and finding this website. Happy that there's a resource for us, even though the Spark was discontinued a while ago. I didn't have the best experience with it, so I haven't gotten a replacement, but it's been decent most of the time. I have an extra battery, 3-battery charger, remote controller with joystick guard, OTG-Lightning cable, and iPad Mini 3 in an iPad holder. It all goes into a Harbor Freight 3800 hard case, with a cardboard separator to fit everything in two levels. The auto-movie in Go 4 picks the worst clips, so I'm downloading VideoProc to try editing myself.
Anyone else in the SoCal area - I'd appreciate tips on meetups, so I can learn more. Looking forward to learning more from all of you!

Art

Welcome to the forum! :)

saw the expired FAA sticker under the battery. That led to taking the TRUST test, renewing the registration
Did you also see the new RID requirement? That's an important one to make sure you follow as well.

Reactions: Spark 317
Art,
Welcome to the forum. I'm like you and flew my Spark regularly until the pandemic and then my flying has dropped off dramatically. I've charged everything every few months so I'm always ready to go, but need to get flying again. Sorry I'm not near Southern California. Good flying!
Jerry

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Artamov.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome aboard. The whole remote ID thing is a nightmare for us guys with older drones (I have a Mavic Air 2). DJI Chat have told me I have it if I have the latest firmware-which I have, but then proceeded to tell me to re-register my drone with a prefix 1581F and a sufix 0 and guess what it doesn’t work. Have spoken to the FAA Drone boys and they say DJI have basically messed it up and they need to get it sorted before March when the new Regs come in. The FAA quite rightly informed me that I could not fly my drone after the new Regs are in unless I had registered it as having RID. You will fly at your peril if in the US after March 24.

Welcome aboard. The whole remote ID thing is a nightmare for us guys with older drones (I have a Mavic Air 2). DJI Chat have told me I have it if I have the latest firmware-which I have, but then proceeded to tell me to re-register my drone with a prefix 1581F and a sufix 0 and guess what it doesn’t work. Have spoken to the FAA Drone boys and they say DJI have basically messed it up and they need to get it sorted before March when the new Regs come in. The FAA quite rightly informed me that I could not fly my drone after the new Regs are in unless I had registered it as having RID. You will fly at your peril if in the US after March 24.
Thanks for the updated info.

Reactions: twickers14
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast