Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

So im back, had such a bad weather and i couldnt test the drone until this weekend. I am clearly on fcc now, i could reach about 550 meters with otg and modded app. Altough this is a decent distance i would still like to push it further. The app now selects fcc automatically, but i would like to choose the channel myself but the problem is that i cant see the bars on the channels anymore. Any other tips to fly further?

HI @Haggi, i bought a few cables according to your advise with a full OTG capability. Due to no time to fly, i only test it using my sony phone with a micro usb otg at both ends.

The results is the same,

Phone switch to airplane mod, switch on spark and RC. After RC and RC is link then plug in the cable.

MOD DJI did not evoke. Manually open the app and wifi automatically switch on to connect via WIFI with the cable connected.

I am not posting to flame the app, in fact i have been using MOD DJI since i buy spark and i am very happy with it.

Just to share i cannot get the otg working with WIFI and i hope to achieve that.

I will be trying it on my Oneplus 5 soon and hope it works.

Range wise, i can achieve 1.8km in a non congested airspace even using my current connection. So wait i am trying to achieve is to get a smoother video feed from spark that's all.

Btw do any one knows what will happen to the spark when it is out of range?

I was flying using MOD DJI, it went out of range at 1.8KM , video no longer working and RTH is not working as it giving me time out error message.

After 10-20 seconds of cold sweat, RTH works. From my log, it seems the spark stay in the air when it lost signal with the RC, instead of automatically return.

Anyone can verify this?

Thanks

HI @Haggi, i bought a few cables according to your advise with a full OTG capability. Due to no time to fly, i only test it using my sony phone with a micro usb otg at both ends.

The results is the same,

Phone switch to airplane mod, switch on spark and RC. After RC and RC is link then plug in the cable.

MOD DJI did not evoke. Manually open the app and wifi automatically switch on to connect via WIFI with the cable connected.

I am not posting to flame the app, in fact i have been using MOD DJI since i buy spark and i am very happy with it.

Just to share i cannot get the otg working with WIFI and i hope to achieve that.

Range wise, i can achieve 1.8km in a non congested airspace even using my current connection. So wait i am trying to achieve is to get a smoother video feed from spark that's all.

I was flying using MOD DJI, it went out of range at 1.8KM , video no longer working and RTH is not working as it giving me time out error message.

After 10-20 seconds of cold sweat, RTH works. From my log, it seems the spark stay in the air when it lost signal with the RC, instead of automatically return.

Anyone can verify this?

Thanks
There is no cable available with OTG in both ends. Flip it around..
If you're in desperate need of RTH, press and hold RTH button on remote until its start beeping. RTH can be canceled by pressing Pause button to regain control.
Practice RTH actions in close space to see and learn behaviour.
Keep us updated!

Reactions: Fiete
There is no cable available with OTG in both ends. Flip it around..
If you're in desperate need of RTH, press and hold RTH button on remote until its start beeping. RTH can be canceled by pressing Pause button to regain control.
Practice RTH actions in close space to see and learn behaviour.
Keep us updated!

Oh will try and update here.

Thanks for the advice.

On all of my OTG cables (I have a few cos I'm always breaking them) the OTG end is the end with the USB logo on, plug that end into your remote first, then plug the other end into your phone.

If wifi opens, just disable it again, you might find it then works with OTG. I got so fedup with the app doing that, that I unpacked it and removed it's permission to modify wifi settings, I'm on android 4 so had to resort to that, but I think if you are on android N, you can do this in the app settings itself from the settings menu, that'll stop it opening the wifi every time the app opens.

IanSR
I think the main MODDED version does open wifi settings by default, while the LITE version does not.

Regarding RTH, don't forget the quad needs to be more than 20 meters away when you are practicing this otherwise it will either 1) land or 2) hover, depending on what settings you have, and of course obstacles avoidance is disabled if it's more than 100 meters away.

What I tend to do is find the highest object in the area and note its height from the display and set the RTH height 10 meters above that, or just set it at some arbitrary number like 80 meters (I think mine is set up for this atm), then hopefully sparky won't crash into any trees on its way home.

RTH is automatically triggered after 3 seconds of no signal from the remote, so no need to worry too much, I've had many occasions of loosing signal then it all comes back once Sparky has decided to come home.

IanSR
I think the main MODDED version does open wifi settings by default, while the LITE version does not.

Yes it does, but I prefer the modded version, so this is why I modified it to stop it opening the wifi upon opening.

The results is the same,

Anyone can verify this?

Thanks

From what I can get out of your statement above you are trying to connect your phone/device to the RC? You either connect to the RC with OTG ..."OR"... WiFi ... Not both

Regarding RTH, don't forget the quad needs to be more than 20 meters away when you are practicing this otherwise it will either 1) land or 2) hover, depending on what settings you have, and of course obstacles avoidance is disabled if it's more than 100 meters away.

What I tend to do is find the highest object in the area and note its height from the display and set the RTH height 10 meters above that, or just set it at some arbitrary number like 80 meters (I think mine is set up for this atm), then hopefully sparky won't crash into any trees on its way home.

RTH is automatically triggered after 3 seconds of no signal from the remote, so no need to worry too much, I've had many occasions of loosing signal then it all comes back once Sparky has decided to come home.
Noted thanks

Hi all,

Thanks for the explanation with patience.

I have finally get my Sony and Oneplus working with OTG.

The manual will have additional HD which there isn't if connected to wifi.

The sequence of connecting it is very important.

Haven't fly with otg yet but at least i got it right.

Thanks again

Reactions: Haggi
I tried to download several times with no success, is there any other link to download please? Thank you.

Finally flew my spark using otg yesterday evening. Video feed is way better than before but due to i am at a congested wifi area it still lag at some point.

For country side flying, i believe it will be perfect.......

Thumbs up for this app

Reactions: Haggi

I'm not responsible for any damage caused to your Android device or DJI equipment. You are accepting the risk of running modified software. Any software downloaded and installed outside of the Play Store may contain viruses or malware. I have taken as many precautions before offering this modded software, but there's always a chance of failure when not directly downloading from the Play Store.

This MOD may contain tweaks that are illegal in your country. Due to EIRP laws that change depending on where you live, you might be running the risk of altering your devices WLAN transmission power to the FCC limits. Please check in with the EIRP WLAN laws related to the country you will be flying in.

There are two versions of this mod, each with specific feature sets:

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0
  • CAN be installed next to the official DJI GO 4 from the Play Store OR DJI GO 4 MOD LITE
  • Scramble Android ID, Android Serial # and IMEI (Just in case DJI catches on)
  • Google Maps (Save offline maps in the official Google Maps app for Offline Maps support [BETA])
  • Force screen on while app is open
  • Auto set brightness to 100% when app is opened
  • Auto enable Wi-Fi when app is opened
  • Auto enable screen rotation
  • Red DJI GO 4 Icon for easier recognition of the modded app
  • Red Status and Nav Bars
  • Disabled App Transitions for faster app performance
  • Auto enable Do Not Disturb mode

DJI GO 4 MOD LITE
  • Can be installed next to DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 but NOT the official DJI GO 4 app from the Play Store due to having the same package name
  • Offline Maps
  • Here Maps
Both Apps Feature:
  • Forced the TX power to FCC limits
  • Enabled Intelligent Flight Modes from the Mavic Pro for the Spark
  • No forced updates - firmware or app
  • Enabled the option whether to cache video locally or not. May reduced crashes and CPU-load if switched off
  • Fake login - You can either login with your real account (online) or use the fake accout. To use the fake account you have to go offline (airplane mode) and put any non-numeric characters in the login box
  • Make DB Public for non-rooted devices @ /mnt/sdcard/DJI/dji_mod_{version_string}.db for offline flight planning
  • Enabled Spark Wi-Fi Channel Select on OTG
  • Remove check for rooted devices
  • OTG Support
  • Sphere Pano Support
  • DJI GO 4 Ver. 4.1.15
Why two versions? Due to the additional features that are added during app cloning and changing the package name, the Here Maps API Key becomes invalid. This is why you cannot install the DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 LITE side by side with the official DJI GO 4 app, because it keeps the same internal name, but allows access to Offline Maps.

Downloads

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 - Download

DJI GO 4 MOD LITE - Download

Changelog
DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0
  • Rebuilt and patched from the ground up. I used a clean apk and patched with my additions
  • New Custom Icon
  • Red status and nav bars instead of orange
  • Tested offline and online logins. Both work, just up to you to decide if you want flight records
  • Auto enable Do Not Disturb mode
DJI GO 4 MOD LITE
  • Initial Release

DJI GO 4 MOD 1.1.1
  • Google Maps API Key Replaced

DJI GO 4 MOD 1.1
  • Fixed Google Maps
  • Keep Screen On Added
  • Added Auto 100% Brightness
  • Added Auto-Rotate
  • Changed the color of the Status and Nav Bars to reflect the App Icons Orange
  • Disabled App Transitions for faster screen switching
  • Scramble Android ID, Android Serial # and IMEI (Just in case DJI catches on)

DJI GO 4 Mod 1.0
  • Initial Release
Tested Devices
  • Google Pixel 2 XL - Android 8.1
  • Nexus 6P - Android 8.1
  • Nexus 6 - Android 8.1
  • Mate 9 - Android 8.0
  • HTC U11 - Android 7.1.1
  • Samsung Note 8 - Android 7.1
  • BLU One Life X3 - Android 7.0
  • Samsung Galaxy S8 Active - Android 7.0
  • Samsung S7 - Android 7.0
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - Android 7.0
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 - Android 7.0
  • Nexus 7 2013 - Android 7.1.1
  • Nexus 7 2013 - Android 6.0.1
  • Sony Z3 - Android 6.0
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 - Android 5.0.1
Credits
All Copyright and Images are property of DJI. This is a fan made mod to enable additional features not accessible in the original DJI GO 4 application.

This mod is based off of the work by Bin4ry and the deejayeye project. If you would like more info as well as any of the information related to patching the original DJI GO 4 app, you can find more info here:

GitHub - Bin4ry/deejayeye-modder

He has a donation link for paypal and cryptocoins. If you guys are liking the modified app and all of the work that went into it maybe throw him a bone. This doesn't look like easy work and a lot of care has gone into this mod. If you want to donate to Bin4ry / deejayeye you can do so here:

PayPal: [email protected]

BTC: 1QKMFRMkauTXii8MGrYvt3C6m5dTjym9NG

BCH: 12UnxVsA1Q9AHpy384spTVDNJVnudPZWXP

ETH: 0x8fc3461e971790498eb43b4608ba58f7e4300c98

If you have tested this mod on your device, please reply if it's working, as well as what device you are using, and I will add your device to the list.

Mods; If this thread is against the forum rules by posting links to modded software, please let me know so I can remove the links. There seems to be a legal grey area around posting modified software, but I see it no different as to remixing a popular song and releasing it for free. As long as everyone here understands that they're downloading a modified version of the official DJI GO 4 app, I believe it's perfectly acceptable. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

hello
i m using it on Crosscall TX3 + spark, app is working. waypoint function is good but follow me mode does not work. Any reason why?
thanks

Reactions: lupo13
FEATURE REQUEST (if possible...)

It's great that we can use the Intelligent Flight Modes from the Mavic Pro on our Spark.
I wonder, as the cameras in both drones are the same, would it also be possible in a future version to enable making RAW photos and movies? That would be even more awesome!

I doubt it !

Still using this great app most of the time and haven't even bothered updating the official app as they haven't added any new features as far as I can tell ?

Yeah the cameras might be the same but the firmware running them isn't. We'd have to be able to modify the Spark firmware to start fiddling with features like that and I doubt that'll ever happen to this extent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast