Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

OK? Cool, but why Google Maps don't working? I try Offline Mode but didn't working too.

I have same, I think google maps only works if you have data enabled, I've never managed to get offline maps working.

I never bother with maps, as long as the red arrow is facing the right direction and the home point pin is in the same place on the little map box I trust everything is working as it should.

Regarding Google offline maps..
We used to open Google maps on device, zoom wanted offline area.. in maps menu you choose "Save for offline use" or similar.
Has to be refreshed every 2-3 months or so.
Google has maybe changed their API lately to avoid this use of service.

That only works on an Apple, not an Android. There is a way to download offline maps for Android with Google Maps, but I could never get it working, I could download the offline map fine and have it working in Google Maps, but Mod2 was never able to access it, maybe the api keys have been deactivated or something, I dunno.

Reactions: Fiete
Set your phone in Flight mode (no WiFi).

Turn on your Spark and RC, and wait for the green light on RC.

Then run DJI GO 4 app, and connect your OTG cable. You should be "connected" and have video feed through the cable (WiFi is turned off).
Ok. Thanks. Good to know I was doing it wrong.

That only works on an Apple, not an Android. There is a way to download offline maps for Android with Google Maps, but I could never get it working, I could download the offline map fine and have it working in Google Maps, but Mod2 was never able to access it, maybe the api keys have been deactivated or something, I dunno.
This is what I got too. All surrounding maps downloaded, stayed blank on Mod2.
Wonder is there is trick, like moving the maps or using Open street maps or Here We Go, or Bing Maps. In fact i'd like to have the satellite map. In France Geoportail has great sattelite maps, on par with Google.
Some apps are able to use satellite op map photos as long as you provide the specs of the photo so that the app can use it.

My phone doesn't have an sd card so here maps refused to even install let alone work, normally the offline maps DJI use (that are here maps I believe) are located in the DJI folder on the phone in a hidden folder, but unfortunately finding someone who a) uses the DJI offline maps b) has a rooted phone c) has the technical knowledge to get the dat files off d) has the dat file for my area and finally 3) has web space to put them on is proving elusive.

I had this theory that the reason I only ever got offered mainland China offline maps was because I bought controller direct from China, well, I broke that controller Thursday so have a legit UK one on its way now, will be interesting to see if that makes a difference...

When connected with the otg cable, your phone or tablet, shouldn't being charged.

Also, maybe you have a cable issue.
In fact , my phone was charging the remote which I see the 4 leds flashing.

I thought my cable was having problem but when i disconnect it and plug in a usb thumb, it works. I.e my hp is in otg mode (oneplus 5) and the cablenis working well.

Hope to use the mod 2.0 as it is mean to be but i can't.

Not sure why.

In fact , my phone was charging the remote which I see the 4 leds flashing.

I thought my cable was having problem but when i disconnect it and plug in a usb thumb, it works. I.e my hp is in otg mode (oneplus 5) and the cablenis working well.

Hope to use the mod 2.0 as it is mean to be but i can't.

Not sure why.
You connected it wrong, you must connect it other way, OTG adapter must be connected to the remote not to phone/tablet. Connect normal USB cable to your phone then connect that USB to otg adapter, put phone in airplane mode, start spark and RC, when red light on RC goes solid green connect OTG adapter to RC.

You connected it wrong, you must connect it other way, OTG adapter must be connected to the remote not to phone/tablet. Connect normal USB cable to your phone then connect that USB to otg adapter, put phone in airplane mode, start spark and RC, when red light on RC goes solid green connect OTG adapter to RC.
Yup i do not think i am wrong.

The type c adapter is otg.

Phone was in airplane mode before plugging in type c connector.

Remote and spark has paired light was flashing in atti. Then the cable was connected to my hp.

Led on remote is not flashing. After connected to my hp which us in airplane mode, the led starts flashing like in charging mode.

Am i wrong? Thanks

RC should not change from phone but vice versa, it is very important the way you connect otg, RC should be host so otg adapter should be connected to RC. You need micro b type OTG to connect to spark RC.

Ive had this a couple of times, I've never really narrowed it down but think sometimes the phone gets confused and thinks it's being used as a power bank, rebooting everything (especially the phone) usually sorts it.

When the phone charges the remote, I assume that the DJIGO app does not open automatically? I've noticed this happens, as others have said, leave everything disconnected, start sparky, start remote, wait for green light, plug usbotg adapt or into remote, and other end into phone, if on Android, DJIGO should then automatically open.

If you have one of these usb to usb cables that is all-in-one, the OTG end is the end that has the usb logo on it, plug that into the remote, the end you plug into the phone doesn't have any logos on it.

RC should not change from phone but vice versa, it is very important the way you connect otg, RC should be host so otg adapter should be connected to RC. You need micro b type OTG to connect to spark RC.
My otg cable is one end micro usb and the other end type c.

Ive had this a couple of times, I've never really narrowed it down but think sometimes the phone gets confused and thinks it's being used as a power bank, rebooting everything (especially the phone) usually sorts it.

When the phone charges the remote, I assume that the DJIGO app does not open automatically? I've noticed this happens, as others have said, leave everything disconnected, start sparky, start remote, wait for green light, plug usbotg adapt or into remote, and other end into phone, if on Android, DJIGO should then automatically open.

If you have one of these usb to usb cables that is all-in-one, the OTG end is the end that has the usb logo on it, plug that into the remote, the end you plug into the phone doesn't have any logos on it.
Well let me try again since you mention djigo mod should open automatically when otg is plug in.

The first time you'll get a popup asking whether you want to open a default app with the device and mod should be listed, then if you tick always it should open automatically, if you don't get that, swap the cable round.

The first time you'll get a popup asking whether you want to open a default app with the device and mod should be listed, then if you tick always it should open automatically, if you don't get that, swap the cable round.
Just did a flight, with airplane mod.

Not working but when i switch on my wifi under airplane mod. I can go into djigo. Video is smoother than before with using djigo mod , wifi n without airplane mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar