Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

There is nothing scientific about the OTG cable...

It looks like an ordinary usb cable.
Its just two cords soldered torgether in one end...this modified end is called host end.

Now, you have prob. read some comments about RC (remote control) is the "host"..

Okay, are you sure your cable is otg (modified) in the RC end? Is there any visible marking indicating otg end of the cable? No and no..

So when you say phone is charging, you've got the otg (modified) end of the cable in your phone, not the RC...

My Note8 came with an otg adapter in the box, its useless connected to RC. Its otg end is usb-c end. Really handy connected to usb stuff, but will never work with RC.

Get a proper cable or adapter.. otg in the micro-usb end which goes into RC!

Last edited:
There is nothing scientific about the OTG cable...

It looks like an ordinary usb cable.
Its just two cords soldered torgether in one end...this modified end is called host end.

Now, you have prob. read some comments about RC (remote control) is the "host"..

Okay, are you sure your cable is otg (modified) in the RC end? Is there any visible marking indicating otg end of the cable? No and no..

So when you say phone is charging, you've got the otg (modified) end of the cable in your phone, not the RC...

My Note8 came with an otg adapter in the box, its useless connected to RC. Its otg end is usb-c end. Really handy connected to usb stuff, but will never work with RC.

Get a proper cable or adapter.. otg in the micro-usb end which goes into RC!
One of picture u can see the pick adapter, that is a otg adapter.

Why is otg important? Is not only micro usb to micro usb possible for connection?

And why otg to RC and not Otg to Tablet and than micro usb to RC? Thx

I have bought this otg from ebay

Screenshot_20180624-165023.jpg

Why is otg important? Is not only micro usb to micro usb possible for connection?

And why otg to RC and not Otg to Tablet and than micro usb to RC? Thx

I have bought this otg from ebay

View attachment 5492
No it's not only micro usb to micro usb. OTG to RC is because in this case RC is HOST, if u connecting let say USB thumb drive to phone than phone is HOST so OTG goes to phone. So u must know witch device is host when connecting OTG. @Haggi above explained everything.

OTG_CABLE.png

IEtPs.jpg

This is how it should be connected

Last edited:
Reactions: Enjoy and jmbsmt63
OTG is directional. On micro-usb ports, OTG socket is normally a male rectangle, not a trapeze. They both go into the trapèze female socket. Many OTG cables are sold with a full USB socket A, female, where you can insert a normal cable with a full USB A male socket. USB B is the socket used by most printers. I believe it's better to go for a on purpose cable without having to connect 2 cables if you want to keep the connection.

It says I can't take off I need to activate my aircraft.

Please, help me.
How can I activate it or bypass the activation?
I can't find that option on DJI GO.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I don't know if somebody has been writing it before but I figured out how to solve the "database" issue that some of you have. Especially with the Huawai phones.

The problem is depending on your prefered storage place on the phone. As soon as the phone is set to SD card as standard storage pass the MOD app does't work anymore.

Just go to your phone settings and switch the phone back to standard storage path "internally"

Would be nice if the guys which have this problem to can confirm that this solve the issue.

Regards

Reactions: Haggi and skan
Hello Guy's,

my otg is now in my Home I need a small Micro SD usb what you think from that 25cm Angle micro usb to connect Tablet and RC? Screenshot_20180625-134135.jpgIMG-20180625-WA0034.jpeg

Hello Guy's,

my otg is now in my Home I need a small Micro SD usb what you think from that 25cm Angle micro usb to connect Tablet and RC? View attachment 5503View attachment 5504
Hi Fiete!
Can't you just connect with the white rc charging cable?
My concern is you got otg in the wrong direction. Otg end into phone and plain micro usb into RC...
It should be the other way around.

If you are searching ebay for a cable, use the search-term: DJI SPARK micro usb or something similar.

Keep us updated!

Hi Guys, I just wanted to say I'm amazed the waypoints work with this mod.

I'm looking for a little confirmation on what happens in case of signal loss.
Is Spark actually going to continue it's mission ?
(Everything is suggesting that the waypoint are _actually_ written, unlike Litchi and Autopilot seem to...)

Here's a short Youtube-snippet of one of my first scary experiments:

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I just wanted to say I'm amazed the waypoints work with this mod.

I'm looking for a little confirmation on what happens in case of signal loss.
Is Spark actually going to continue it's mission ?
(Everything is suggesting that the waypoint are _actually_ written, unlike Litchi and Autopilot seem to...)

Here's a short Youtube-snippet of one of my first scary experiments:
Hi, I've sent mine out on a missions deployment to the point where signal was lost, RTH message comes up but cancel it. The drone will return 100%. I suggest doing the wifi boost mod it works amazingly this will increase your range. The wifi mod also helps you if you're flying around people when the mavic pro [emoji12]

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fiete
Hi, I've sent mine out on a missions deployment to the point where signal was lost, RTH message comes up but cancel it. The drone will return 100%. I suggest doing the wifi boost mod it works amazingly this will increase your range. The wifi mod also helps you if you're flying around people when the mavic pro [emoji12]

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

How do we enable the WiFi mod you speak of? I'd love greater range. I'm from the US.. does it only apply to those in the EU?

OTG_CABLE.png

IEtPs.jpg

This is how it should be connected

Why do you need this cable?
I work with the mavic Air.

Last edited:
How do we enable the WiFi mod you speak of? I'd love greater range. I'm from the US.. does it only apply to those in the EU?
Outside US wifi has a limited range, by law. Lowest in Europe I believe. The Spark/DJI 4 Go App tests your GPS location and adapts the range. Best range is brought from 2.4Ghz band (old wifi b/g), not 5Ghz (old wifi a). So you probably need to use the cable to connect the RC without wifi (plan mode) to your smartphone) and then look into DJI 4Go Mod (even in the US) to see if the RC connects through 2.4Ghz and if not switch to a free manual frequency in the 2.4Ghz range. Most of time if you use your smartphone wifi with the offcial DJI 4 Go App, the Smartphone will connect in 2.4Ghz to the RC and the RC will connect to the drone in 5 Ghz with lower range. However the 2.4Ghz range is mostly used everywhere and you may have problems connecting your drone even at closer range, so 5Ghz may be better then, like in urban areas or close to people (using smartphones and the like).

Reactions: Fiete
hello me friend.

Where is Offline MAP?

rloKsGD.png

Help me, How can I download Offline Maps?
You need lite version..

Main app used to work with google offline maps. This method seems to be terminated by google or dji.
You can try to open google maps, zoom to your area.. and in maps menu, choose save for offline.
Close maps, fire up modded go 4 app, connect to rc and drone.
If map appear in go app, your good to go.

I reluctantly plugged in an OTG cable today, even though signal-strength was never an issue for me, the image connection is so much faster and stable!
Pluging in is not always detected as some others have reported, wich feels scary, but once it's up and running it's solid, and I can even un- and replug It
Cant wait for the wind to die down

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast