Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wait to upgrade to latest firmware

I am not clear as to what you mean about switching the WiFi for each task. I guess I'm having a senior moment.

So you need to be on your home internet to download the firmware from DJI, then once its in your iPad, connect to your AC's wifi from the iPad and update. Then once thats done, connect your RC to your iPad via the RC's Wifi, and run the Go App. It will then prompt you to download the firmware for the RC. Switch your Wifi back to the house, download it, then reconnect the RC wifi to your iPad, run Go, and upgrade the controller.

I always use assistant on the Mac or PC to do the AC firmware, I trust those computers more than I trust a smartphone (or is that SmartA$$ phone):D I did have to do the dance for the RC though.

Reactions: Rafa7
Connect your iPad to WiFi open go4 and download update from internet.
Exit go4 then turn on drone, controller and Spark. Connect Spark to controller & contoller to iPad (WiFi not OTG) start go4and follow instructions.
Good luck!

Reactions: Rafa7
I don't know if it would work for ios but I was updated RC firmware via OTG on android. Connect RC to phone with OTG connect phone on my home network via wifi and update. Quick and easy.

What go4 version you are, while updating?

Does this update anything to add, for iOS users?

New owner here. New go4 app and *.1000 firmware. Had to install AC FW through DJI Asst. 2 but then went OK for the remainder of upgrades. OTG works on android after a couple of fits. No flights yet. I plan to report after first flight.

Reactions: pmshop
I usually fly using iOS, so no need to update, and no need to risk my spark or RC.

Thanks.
I updated both my Spark and RC with the new DJI Assistant (MAC) - I use IOS/iPad Mini 4. Everything is running smooth so far.

I didn't see an option to wait. It appeared to be mandatory.
Indeed. My friend asked me to get some aerial photos of their small wedding this past Thursday. Well, I couldn't due to this update (for controller and spark) and barely having any cell signal. Really pissed me off.

Yeah that beeping in the Remote update drove me nutz but, I was watching the progress continually increasing so I just left well enough alone.

Reports coming in on DJI Forum the Spark controller bricks - No longer produces a WiFi SSID to connect for you to connect to.
How does updating the phone app suddenly stop the controller from working? My phone and the app have nothing to do with the controller until I open the wifi settings, connect, then open the app.

How does updating the phone app suddenly stop the controller from working? My phone and the app have nothing to do with the controller until I open the wifi settings, connect, then open the app.

This latest update is not the app...it is both the Spark firmware and the controller firmware.
Most likely there is a brief interruption between the mobile device and the controller that causes this but not confirmed.

Reactions: Guy
I have also updated to the latest firmware without issues

Someone was being a SA when they made your quoted comment.
That was very early on when the firmware was released.
As of today and counting all the forums I post in, there are close to 20 users that cannot connect to their controllers after updating the firmware.
And that is only the ones that have reached the forums I participate in.

but your report is greatly appreciated.
One more for the successful masses.

Reactions: Scott Messina
Indeed. My friend asked me to get some aerial photos of their small wedding this past Thursday. Well, I couldn't due to this update (for controller and spark) and barely having any cell signal. Really pissed me off.
You can fly no problem without updating firmware.
You have a red warning on up left corner, but if you start the engines, warning disappears and you can start a normal flight without issues.

Reactions: Rafa7 and Guy
You can fly no problem without updating firmware.
You have a red warning on up left corner, but if you start the engines, warning disappears and you can start a normal flight without issues.

Yes, starting the motors allows you to move forward on the app and flying the Spark. I have never done an update on the Spark since I got it and I was not planning on doing it when I saw the warning last Saturday but now that I'm reading the feedback in this thread, I think I'm going to do the update this coming weekend. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502