Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wait to upgrade to latest firmware

Turn on your iPad connect to DJI go4 while connected to internet NOT the rc. Upper left screen indicates new firmware available, push on that screen button and it will download to your iPad.
Shut everything off then do normal set up/turn on with iPad connected to RC and RC connected to Spark. There will be a self explanatory process beginning at this point. Just follow the instructions.
Worked flawlessly for me.

OK, so I am hearing some good reports on the updates. I have not done any updates since I first got my Spark and to be honest, I don't remember how I did all of that in the first place. I know that I had a lot of issues in figuring it all out though. Would one of you experts please post the procedure for me. Thanks.

Connect to your phone and follow the prompts to update - that easy
Also, if you are not running firmware 0.0701 for the aircraft, you will need to update each battery too.
Just update everything on the first go, reboot the Spark and then shut down the spark.
Replace the battery and update again
repeat for each battery
Again IF you are firmware 0.0701 or lower

Turn on your iPad connect to DJI go4 while connected to internet NOT the rc. Upper left screen indicates new firmware available, push on that screen button and it will download to your iPad.
Shut everything off then do normal set up/turn on with iPad connected to RC and RC connected to Spark. There will be a self explanatory process beginning at this point. Just follow the instructions.
Worked flawlessly for me.
Thank you Desert Spark for the instructions. I just followed them and everything went flawlessly.

Reactions: desert spark
Thank you all for the easy instructions. I have to charge everything up first but I will let you know how it went when it is all done.

I got everything all charged up. Pulled up the Go 4 app and saw the update notice. I installed the notice then rebooted my iPad. Fired up the Spark then the remote which connected to the Spark then started the Go 4 app again and selected to install the update and I keep getting a notice to confirm my connection to the Spark. Then I noticed that there was an iOS update so I powered down the Spark and the RC and installed the iOS update which was something about updating to iOS (version 11.4.1). I am still getting a notice "Ensure your mobile device is connected to the aircraft via the remote controller or WiFi before updating". What am I doing wrong or have missed here?

I call it the WiFi dance.

You have to download the update via the internet, and then install it to the Spark via Spark WiFi.

Just remember to switch the WiFi for each task.

I don't think I've ever used the DJI assistant software in the past, just switching between WiFi seemed to work.

I haven't updated my Spark yet so I hope this process still works.

It still works like that, but instead of dancing the WiFi I use mobile data while connected to the RC.

I have a WiFi only mini4 so I have to dance.:p

Reactions: Antipaxi
I had no problem with iOS or Android I use LG k20 the Samsung A6 tab and a iPhone se all work with no problem.

Reports coming in on DJI Forum the Spark controller bricks - No longer produces a WiFi SSID to connect for you to connect to.
I just went through the update process. It went flawlessly. (Thankfully) Just put it up for a quick test and had no issues thus far.. Will try again at Sunset so long as the wind dies down now.

Reactions: pmshop
I just went through the update process. It went flawlessly. (Thankfully) Just put it up for a quick test and had no issues thus far.. Will try again at Sunset so long as the wind dies down now.
Just put it up again and used up a battery. The response was much cleaner with the joy sticks. Also to me the pictures seem to be much clearer....

Reactions: pmshop
I call it the WiFi dance. You have to download the update via the internet, and then install it to the Spark via Spark WiFi. Just remember to switch the WiFi for each task. I don't think I've ever used the DJI assistant software in the past, just switching between WiFi seemed to work. I haven't updated my Spark yet so I hope this process still works.
I am not clear as to what you mean about switching the WiFi for each task. I guess I'm having a senior moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme