Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wait to upgrade to latest firmware

I must have auto update set on my Android phones, I just checked and mine were updated on Friday the 13th. :eek:

No wonder there may be a problem.:p

Although I don't use them much to fly as I use a mini4 primarily.

The WiFi on the mini4 is locked on the Spark so hopefully it won't update, if the new FW affects the iOS?

You can dismiss and go straight into the app.
I have this morning.
It is only mandatory when they put up a big banner and do not let you proceed with a statement like "You will no longer be able to use your Spark".
Wasn't that like from firmware revision0.04xx to 0.0600?

Reactions: Kenneth Jackson
I must have auto update set on my Android phones, I just checked and mine were updated on Friday the 13th. :eek:

No wonder there may be a problem.:p

Although I don't use them much to fly as I use a mini4 primarily.

The WiFi on the mini4 is locked on the Spark so hopefully it won't update, if the new FW affects the iOS?

That was just the Go 4 app that was updated on your phone.
You have to manually (give confirmation) to upgrade the Spark and controller firmware.

Reactions: Katt981
Ok thanks.

Just tried to fly and my Android Go app said I couldn't take off without update. Updated both controller and spark no issues. Did 1 flight and was able to switch back and forth from sport mode, ascend to ~150ft, and image was clear.

Just updated my Spark and Controller flew around with the neighborhood with Otc just to ck it out and had no problem

I've just been out testing the new firmware update and it's the best update since I've owned the spark just flew 4 batteries and didn't have any disconnections video feed was rock solid as well.

I'm using Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo dji go app 4.2.21 with OTG

Here's two of the flights went out pretty far and where I was stood I had a massive Car garage in front of me blocking the signal at a few stages still it didn't lose signal.

The past few updates ive been ready to chuck this spark against the wall they've been that bad as far as this update today the 4 batteries flown I'm absolutely loving the new firmware when I was updating the controller was beeping all the way through the controller update. But all went well. Screenshot_20180719-215809.jpgScreenshot_20180719-220003.jpg

Last edited:
I've just been out testing the new firmware update and it's the best update since I've owned the spark just flew 4 batteries and didn't have any disconnections video feed was rock solid as well.

I'm using Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo dji go app 4.2.21 with OTG

Here's two of the flights went out pretty far I'm absolutely loving the new firmware when I was updating the controller was beeping all the way through the controller update. But all went well. View attachment 5864View attachment 5865

Outstanding!
It has been a long while for you Android guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Checking in successful upgrade here. Both spark and controller. Updated spark on DJI assistant 2 and updated controller with phone after spark update.
Also Android user and first time I have used OTG cable. Noticed decrease in lag from video feed with cable.

Reactions: pmshop
Looks like I will go ahead and load up tomorrow morning

Well, I said I was going to wait... but my OCD kicked in and I went for it. Used assistant for the drone, and the RC updated fine with GO... all iOS, all up to date, all good. Tested the OTG (I did not fly yet) for video lag, seemed the same as before, no issue. The old plug (and pray) order seems to matter less now. I've read a few folks got a calibration notice... I am scheduled to fly at a friend's place tomorrow, where I have never flown, will see what pops up. Fingers crossed!

Nice to read happy Android users too.... its about time.

Good to hear that this is working for some of you. PMshop, I always rely on your input and now I have another source to listen to which is Robin. I hope you have smooth flights while on your adventure. As for myself, I'm still staying on the ground until I hear nothing but good feedback.

Reactions: pmshop
Did the firmware update on the Spark but I keep checking tos see if there is a firmware update for the RC and, nothing. How do I get the RC to update?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers