Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wait to upgrade to latest firmware

Did the firmware update on the Spark but I keep checking tos see if there is a firmware update for the RC and, nothing. How do I get the RC to update?

Some folks are saying that its delayed, I would keep re-opening the Go app every so often, mine came through pretty much right away... The App should prompt you.

Updated Spark via Crystal Sky. Remote and Aircraft. Flew in regular flight areas. No Problems to report. (Always check your settings in pre-flight after updating before lifting off.)

Updated without problem
And for all the astrologically inclined people, Mercury retrograde is coming, which means failure of electronic and mechanical devices and failure of communication. So all ye people with weak Mercury, beware and play safe [emoji3]

Hi guys, I'm new here.
I updated both my AC and RC this morning, no problem.
The RC and AC where both on and connected during the RC update.
The AC update lasted about 3 minutes with DJI Assistant, then again about 5 with DJIGO4, for some reason DJIGO4 did the AC update again.
The RC update lasted about 5 minutes.
Everything went smoothly, except for the slight scare I got when the RC started beeping.
My device is a Sony Xperia XZ Premium, Android 8.0.0, not on DJI's list.

Did the update too, Samsung S7 via Go4 app, everthing went smothly. First the remote got upgraded and then the aircraft. Everything that was working before still seems to work : FCC mode, OTG cable connection, Wifi connection, video feed, Sports mode. I did no outdoor testing yet however, just some risky indoor flying ;)
Sidenote : You can not do the update of the aircraft when connected to the remote via OTG, this issues a warning. You have to remove the OTG cable and connect to the remote via Wifi (for the upgrade only, after the upgrade OTG works fine).

OK, so I am hearing some good reports on the updates. I have not done any updates since I first got my Spark and to be honest, I don't remember how I did all of that in the first place. I know that I had a lot of issues in figuring it all out though. Would one of you experts please post the procedure for me. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast