Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

My flight testing after work today with new app 4.2.12 OTG Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo used a screen recording app and as you can see not any stutter or lag the new app is so much better took spark to 2000 feet and not one disconnection. Here's the YouTube video
Good

My flight testing after work today with new app 4.2.12 OTG Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo used a screen recording app and as you can see not any stutter or lag the new app is so much better took spark to 2000 feet and not one disconnection. Here's the YouTube video
That looks pretty smooth. With the old version of the app, at what distance begun the signal loss?

Ha, not too far from me.

That looks pretty smooth. With the old version of the app, at what distance begun the signal loss?
Id get about 3000 feet and id start getting disconnections with my range extenders I can get about 10.000 feet before low battery makes me turn around.

This new version of the app the video seems to be near perfect smooth as butter. All other versions I'd get really bad stutter and lag even with otg on 4.1.15 app
Im really pleased with the 4.2.12 version I just hope someone can update the Mod 2 to 4.2.12 with all the mavic features that would be awesome.

Here's another video I took today with the screen recording app.

4.2.12 go app with OTG and Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo
No range extenders on this flight just stock Ariel

Id get about 3000 feet and id start getting disconnections with my range extenders I can get about 10.000 feet before low battery makes me turn around.

This new version of the app the video seems to be near perfect smooth as butter. All other versions I'd get really bad stutter and lag even with otg on 4.1.15 app
Im really pleased with the 4.2.12 version I just hope someone can update the Mod 2 to 4.2.12 with all the mavic features that would be awesome.

You should try 2.4 GHz and OTG... In CE region its a must ;)

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
You should try 2.4 GHz and OTG... In CE region its a must ;)
Yeah I had to use that in ce region no choice. I stayed in 5.8ghz today's flight didn't have no problems as you can see from my YouTube video. But in 2.4 it does get you better distance in ce region. All I want is a decent video feed.

Reactions: Haggi and Robdec17
Here's another video I took today with the screen recording app.

4.2.12 go app with OTG and Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo
No range extenders on this flight just stock Ariel
I haven't updated on my Nexus 6P that I use just for my spark, I am on 4.1.15, would you recommend this over 4.1.15?

Yeah I had to use that in ce region no choice. I stayed in 5.8ghz today's flight didn't have no problems as you can see from my YouTube video. But in 2.4 it does get you better distance in ce region. All I want is a decent video feed.

I have far less hickups with 2.4 channel..
Did a 9900 feet run with 4.1.5, FCC, OTG and 2.4 GHz last week. Rock solid!
I rarely pass 1500 feet, this time i just pushed forward.
Screenshot: Whats your record?
A low res version of that: 3000.mp4

Anybody getting the new DJI App in the USA or Canada? Not seeing it in the Google play store at all.

THX
PACO

UK based, both my sony xperia Z5 and my samsung A5 still showing 4.2.8, also showing last update was 23rd march in the playstore app. Website playstore shows 4.2.8 but last update 18th April.

Would really like this update did they actually roll it back?

UK based, both my sony xperia Z5 and my samsung A5 still showing 4.2.8, also showing last update was 23rd march in the playstore app. Website playstore shows 4.2.8 but last update 18th April.

Would really like this update did they actually roll it back?
A link for the APK is in this thread if you want to side load it

Is that not a dangerous thing to do?I'm new to drones an the spark only had it 4 days don't want to risk anything
I have sideloaded apps a LONG time, it's up to you, but it is the official APK that was on the store yesterday, as of today, there is supposedly a newer version

Interesting, I go into the Play Store now, and it says that it is not compatible with ANY of my devices.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis