Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

Going to go flying the spark as soon as I finish work in half an hour it's beautiful the weather where I am it has been all day but I've been stuck at work.

That's because it's not in video mode change it you are in photo mode

Yes, sorry, I should have been more clear.

I was switching between photo and video mode to test both.
The app seemed to get stuck in photo mode, clicking the RC video button didn't switch it back, so I tried clicking the app switch camera icon a couple of times, then the Nexus crashed/rebooted.

I've been trying the same over and over for the last half hour, with the props removed but all connected and OTG, and it all works OK.

I can't reproduce the problem so far.

Scary thing was, the Spark was 20 ft in the air when I first noticed the app camera icon didn't change back to video, video feed carried on working though, so I brought it down before doing any more clicking, that's when the Nexus crashed.

Yes, sorry, I should have been more clear.

I was switching between photo and video mode to test both.
The app seemed to get stuck in photo mode, clicking the RC video button didn't switch it back, so I tried clicking the app switch camera icon a couple of times, then the Nexus crashed/rebooted.

I've been trying the same over and over for the last half hour, with the props removed but all connected and OTG, and it all works OK.

I can't reproduce the problem so far.

Scary thing was, the Spark was 20 ft in the air when I first noticed the app camera icon didn't change back to video, video feed carried on working though, so I brought it down before doing any more clicking, that's when the Nexus crashed.

This sounds like the interference issue I had with my Android Watch (Bluetooth)

Just grabbed it from the play store 30 min ago and OTG works perfectly. No issues. Distance and height work fine. 4.2.12 Dated 04/18/2018

How did you get it from the store 30 minutes ago if 2 hours ago was 4.2.8?
I already had version 12 from the day before yesterday. And when I saw the previous post that the new build was in the play store I checked and saw an update. The update also mentions version 12 so I assume this is the new build

I already had version 12 from the day before yesterday. And when I saw the previous post that the new build was in the play store I checked and saw an update. The update also mentions version 12 so I assume this is the new build
Screenshot_20180418-195646.png

Here is the release note

My flight testing after work today with new app 4.2.12 OTG Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo used a screen recording app and as you can see not any stutter or lag the new app is so much better took spark to 2000 feet and not one disconnection. Here's the YouTube video

Reactions: idbl_fanatic

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502