Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

Just being flying with the new app with the spark and the mavic pro. The Spark was fine hit 2000 feet out no problems with otg and rth works a treat.

The only problem is I couldn't get it into 2.4 ghz and I have no data bars showing in the WiFi settings to show me what channel is best to use. I'll do a video with screen recording app soon but the Mavic Pro isn't liking this new update just had my gimble go mad on me and pointed up to the sky while I was 60 meters up. At least rth worked on that.

Reactions: Fiete
How do you find out what software version I have on android? I can see 4.2.16 bit not the xxx version after. Thanks.

How do you find out what software version I have on android? I can see 4.2.16 bit not the xxx version after. Thanks.
Go into your go4 app click on the bottom right button then press the cog in the top right hand corner and the version will be there at the bottom

Here's me testing in ce mode it seems to stop the lagging when I go back from fcc mode to ce. I went same direction and got about same results 2100 feet before rth signal loss. I had some massive trees in front of me but ce mode has surprise me.

Here's screen recording of flight in ce mode no range extenders all stock.

Reactions: Fiete and Haggi
Here's me testing in ce mode it seems to stop the lagging when I go back from fcc mode to ce. I went same direction and got about same results 2100 feet before rth signal loss. I had some massive trees in front of me but ce mode has surprise me.

Here's screen recording of flight in ce mode no range extenders all stock.

****. I get mine out about 400ft and it starts cutting out and returning to home lol convinced i must be doing something wrong

****. I get mine out about 400ft and it starts cutting out and returning to home lol convinced i must be doing something wrong
This was with massive trees in front of me as well I think it would go a lot further. I'm having lagging problems at the min in fcc mode, as soon as I go back to ce the lagging is gone. I don't know why it's doing that.

I got mine flew on otg through 1.1 Km (~3600 feet)!
Usually i just can get through 800 meters (~2600 feet) and start to losing signal.
By using otg, i can turn of wifi, bluetooth and mobile network so there's less interference to the RC

I can't get OTG working to save my life. Could it be my phone? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 with the latest release of DJI Go 4. I have two different OTG cables. I tried them both - in both directions - no joy. It either charges the phone or the controller, depending on the direction.

It should be charging the phone from the controller, then you know that it's the right way round, the RC is the 'Host', the phone is the 'Client'.

I've found that OTG will only work with WiFi off on the phone.

You may have to disconnect the RC end of the OTG connection, and reconnect it after the RC-AC connection is made, and while Go4 is running, for it to recognise the OTG connection.

Those are the only pitfalls I've encountered, it may be an idiosyncrasy of the phone though.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
This wind needs to stop. I was hoping to go flying today. To find out my disconnections I was having the other day with this new 4.2.16 app. And after I've used the app with my Mavic Pro some of the features is still working when I switch to use the app with the spark which was weird.
[emoji849]
Screenshot_20180526-183035_UAV%20Forecast.jpg

Reactions: Haggi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast