Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

I'm posting this here, as it may be related to the Go4 updates, chastise me if you think not guys. :cool:

I've been trying 'Floater' to set FCC for just those difficult situations when 300m range isn't good enough.

Firstly, maybe I'm doing something wrong but, it seems to take several attempts to get the 11 channels to confirm FCC, Sparky seems to want to stay in CE, even when Floater is running and set to 'somewhere else'.
Second, when I do manage, after several attempts, to set FCC, I can only do it with an OTG connection. If I set FCC and then restart the RC/Go4/AC with no OTG connection, it reverts to showing 13 channels without ever asking me to confirm.
I then have to do it all over again several times with an OTG connection to get FCC to take, it seems.

I've used a whole battery today, just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, because last night I set FCC, then closed everything down including Floater. This morning when I fired her up without OTG, I had 13 channels again.

Is this possibly something to do with the app versions, I'm currently running 4.2.14.583?
Same here. Ever since the 4.2.12 updates, I had not been able to get FCC mode with Floater.

My only thought is that on my Samsung s7 edge, there is a developer setting that says 'select mock location app', which I tried setting to Floater, but I can't and it always set to another different app. This is my only thought

Same here. Ever since the 4.2.12 updates, I had not been able to get FCC mode with Floater.

My only thought is that on my Samsung s7 edge, there is a developer setting that says 'select mock location app', which I tried setting to Floater, but I can't and it always set to another different app. This is my only thought

I'm using a Nexus 7 4G, and that shows the Floater app set as the mock location app, so it can't be that reason for me.

I updated to the 4.2.16 from Gavie's link and tried again.

I've just managed to set it and fly in FCC with no OTG by following the 'italjohn' YT video, no problem except that I had to do it twice and wait ages for the 'change location' prompt. AC-RC had chosen ch149, so presumably the RC-Tablet connection was 2.4GHz, not a major problem and I think we're stuck with that because of the EU/Android missing channels problem.

The problem I've been having is that, when I switch everything back on next time, the Spark will revert to CE, and I'll have to go through it all again flattening all my device batteries (RC/AC/Tablet) in the process before actually flying.

Note8 on Oreo here..
Latest 585 version..
OTG flawless..
FCC mode flawless..
Channel change flawless..

Okay guys, mock location?
You do know any app for cheating location must only run on initial start of GO 4 app?
You dont fly with it active..NEVER
(I use Mockation app for this, and uninstall it after successful mocking)
If any problem, try clean cache and memory of GO 4 app. If you do, you will loose all thats saved within the app, but by logging in again.. everything will be resynced. Maybe a good idea to sync logs before cleaning memory *hint*
Whenever you start GO 4 app after this procedure, it will notify you something with wifi.. Tap "Cancel" or you will need to do it all again.

Change channel?
Tap a channel in "Channel index" line..
Tap "Apply" at the bottom..
Power down the Spark, power it up again.
(All this is done without leaving GO 4 app)
In 15-30 sec Spark will have reconnected to the RC, and new channel will show.

Happy landings!

Last edited:
Note8 on Oreo here..
Latest 585 version..
OTG flawless..
FCC mode flawless..
Channel change flawless..

Okay guys, mock location?
You do know any app for cheating location must only run on initial start of GO 4 app?
You dont fly with it active..NEVER

I didn't know that, but it seems reasonable, I hadn't actually flown with Floater running.

(I use Mockation app for this, and uninstall it after successful mocking)
If any problem, try clean cache and memory of GO 4 app. If you do, you will loose all thats saved within the app, but by logging in again.. everything will be resynced. Maybe a good idea to sync logs before cleaning memory *hint*
Whenever you start GO 4 app after this procedure, it will notify you something with wifi.. Tap "Cancel" or you will need to do it all again.

Yep, knew that, thanks.

Change channel?
Tap a channel in "Channel index" line..
Tap "Apply" at the bottom..
Power down the Spark, power it up again.
(All this is done without leaving GO 4 app)
In 15-30 sec Spark will have reconnected to the RC, and new channel will show.

Happy landings!

Yep, knew that.

I've had some occasions when Go4 showed 32 channels, instead of the normal CE 13 2.4GHz + the 5.8GHz channels, no high numbers at all, only 32 2.4GHz channels.

Anyway, I changed to the 4.2.16 app version and FCC seems to be working now with RC/Tablet WiFi.
I restarted twice and got asked to reset WiFi both times, so it's staying put OK now.
The RC/AC is choosing ch149 at the moment, which is OK with me for most situations

I'll see what happens when I try OTG, previously, that's when it reset to CE without asking me.

I'll see what happens when I try OTG, previously, that's when it reset to CE without asking me.
Do not forget to disable wifi when using OTG.. (I always use airplane mode)
It seems like DJI wants wifi if available, regardless of OTG connection.

Reactions: Fiete
Do not forget to disable wifi when using OTG.. (I always use airplane mode)
It seems like DJI wants wifi if available, regardless of OTG connection.

Thanks, easy to forget, but I usually remember.

I got a Nexus 7 4G so that I could always get the local maps before flying, and for its bright screen.
I download the map, then set airplane mode before flying.

At least they're still doing regular incremental updates, must be a good sign.
Yeah think they missed 586 version. Not tried yet but hopefully they know about the little bugs that people are having. There was no update log on Google play store it's stayed the same as for 18th update .

@Gavie
I notice you have usb debugging active.
Any reason why?
I dont think its enabled by default but I could be wrong..
Don't no why it's always been active I have it active in debugging in my settings so it must automatically switches on in go 4 app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502