Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is Airdata worth the price?

graywoulf

Endeavor to Persevere
Premium Pilot
Join
Mar 30, 2018
Loc
NC
I signed up for Airdata a while back but I have not really used it. So today I get an email from them with a special price offer and I would like to know from some of you that use it if it is a good thing
to have and use. Thanks!

I just started using the free version. I have not had a great need to use it to analyze my flight data yet. So it's interesting to look at...

I too am using the free version and I just did a complete syncing of all of my flights which are not many compared to others. I then opened Airdata on my laptop to view the logs and was surprised to see that a lot of them had no data available. I know that recently I flew a few times in atti mode due to my GPS sensor being blocked by the reflective vinyl I had placed on top but that was only three flights. I have to wonder what happened to the others. I may pay for the lite version just to have the extra information it offers in case there are any problems that cause a flyaway.

If I had a flyaway, I would then buy the better version to see what happened, but I wouldn't buy it ahead of time. Doesn't the free phantom help upload offer similar or more data?

Last edited:
If I had a flyaway, I would then buy the better version to see what happened, but I wouldn't buy it ahead of time. Doesn't the free phantom help upload offer similar or more data? [URLnfurl="true"]DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

I honestly have not looked at Phantom Help Log viewer. I will do that to see what it offers. Thanks for mentioning it. ?

Reactions: SoccerRef12
I have been using the free version but I did buy a year subscription and I do like the added features you get so I'd have to say it's worth paying for a subscription.

I have been using the free version but I did buy a year subscription and I do like the added features you get so I'd have to say it's worth paying for a subscription.
Thank you sir for your opinion of confidence! ?

Reactions: Vader01
So, with the Phantom Help Log Viewer, you have to extract your Go 4 app data and manually upload it to see the results. Am I right? If I am, then I would have to go with Airdata in that it does that automatically. I was amazed that when it did it's sync process that it found all of my Go 4 flight logs all the way back to my very first test flight in my driveway. That in my opinion is pretty darn thorough. ;)

Reactions: SoccerRef12
Totally worth it!

I'm on the HD360 Lite plan (400 flights).
23 dollar first year (if purchased Litchi)
32 dollars next year

My flightlogs from Go4, Litchi and Drone Harmony sync automatically to Airdata..
Export flightpath to Google Earth..
Power..
Sensors..
Controls..
Weather..
Battery health..
Errors..
Etc..

An old screenshot:

stats1.jpg

Well, I can't argue with the pros that you guys have listed here. And I did not know that it would sync with Litchi and that is a big plus as I learn to use Litchi. All of that battery data is very valuable as well. Thanks Haggi! ?

Well, that sealed the deal! Now purchased and fully synced.

Thanks to all of you for helping me make up my mind! ? :D
I signed up for Airdata a while back but I have not really used it. So today I get an email from them with a special price offer and I would like to know from some of you that use it if it is a good thing
to have and use. Thanks!
As PfCO operator is use it post flight to update flight logs. It saves having to record flight details pre and post flight

Reactions: Haggi
I bought the first level for the extra battery data. it's very interesting stuff..especially the winds aloft. I have made a lot of flights in a southeast/northwest direction with strong westerly winds aloft..30 or so mph. It certainly verifies right off the bat why I had to strongly correct for drift during orbits.
I had a sudden landing because of a critically low battery with 91% power. Airdata showed that the drone landed with 89%. Naturally like a idiot I had to try the battery again a few times and as far as I could tell by the data the battery was ok. On the forth flight ...bingo..a sudden critically low battery with a sudden landing. I finally got the "new's" about that battery..but looking at the data I can't see too much difference on that battery from my other eight batteries..Spark and Air. I'm going to have to learn more!
The simple answer to the question is yes! I think it's worth it. I download every flight immediately and take a look ..mainly at the battery data.
I love the that it shows every flight I've ever made ..and reminds me how many flight I made just practicing landing with my Phantom 3

Reactions: Haggi and Vader01
The $2.99 monthly basic is what helped me find out I was fighting 24-33mph headwinds at the Pecos River.
I can see the advantage of that information as you clearly cannot see any indication of high winds in the video. I may be picking your brain later about Litchi. You've been warned. ;)

Reactions: Haggi and Vader01
I subscribed last year for the HD 360 GOLD account ($76.89 per year). Only $6.40 per month for gobs of data.

I use it to maintain my batteries and drones, too! It keeps track of what I need to do every so often. It also lets me know if one of my batteries is getting flaky.

Love how I can "replay" my flight in the HD Flight Player.
I wish I could use it on my Skydio2...

I have the Gold version. Got a discount a couple of years ago on Black Friday. I enjoy logging my flights, writing notes about what I did on that flight, looking at wind speeds and analysis, and battery info and trends. I also like being able to look at flight paths for all my flights and the overall display map that shows the location of every flight I have ever made.

I use the paid version for my Spark and Phantom 3 Standard and use the free version for my Tello.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis