Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sell or...?

jboyle97

Join
Nov 26, 2023
My Dad was given a Spark as a retirement gift in December '18. He powered it up once but was intimidated by it so the drone has never been flown (original bands are still on the blades). Needless to say the batteries are toast. I have the drone, battery charger, cords, and the remote control and am trying to decide whether to sell it all or buy replacement batteries. Any thoughts about an asking price for an unused Spark and accessories with no batteries? Or recommendations for the best place(s) to buy replacement batteries? Found them on DJI's site for $55 and also see options on Amazon that have mixed reviews. I have no drone experience so this is all new to me. I appreciate any assistance y'all are willing to share!

My Dad was given a Spark as a retirement gift in December '18. He powered it up once but was intimidated by it so the drone has never been flown (original bands are still on the blades). Needless to say the batteries are toast. I have the drone, battery charger, cords, and the remote control and am trying to decide whether to sell it all or buy replacement batteries. Any thoughts about an asking price for an unused Spark and accessories with no batteries? Or recommendations for the best place(s) to buy replacement batteries? Found them on DJI's site for $55 and also see options on Amazon that have mixed reviews. I have no drone experience so this is all new to me. I appreciate any assistance y'all are willing to share!
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

If you're new to drones, the Spark might be good for you to learn with. They are selling on eBay for $120-$350. The Spark is a decent drone and might be worth buying a couple of batteries to play around with. But, personally, I wouldn't put a lot of money into it. With all the newer drones on the market, it will be hard to sell it and get much out of it.

To be honest with you, I wouldn't buy one for $50. But that's just me

Any thoughts about an asking price for an unused Spark and accessories with no batteries?
Check the sold listings on eBay to see what a package like that has recently sold for there. That'll give you a good idea of what people are willing to pay today.

Reactions: jboyle97
If I were in your circumstances I would buy one or two batteries from DJI and play around with it. It's a great little drone to learn on. If you like it, you could buy a more up to date drone

Reactions: Spark 317
As I started an education in photography and video a few years ago , more and more I feel,the need for RAW photography. For proffesional use I have to make recordings in situations not allowed for a spark or a MP1 Further more ,
many of my fellow students have a mini2 and surprisingly they are afraid of using it . Or they don’t have the skills to,use it properly.
So,I decided to buy a mini2 ( second hand combo for 300€) and sell both my “ useless” sparks.
Why a mini2 and not a 3 or 4 ?
Because mini2 works with Litchi. And it certainly does.
Amazing.
Waypoints, follow, tracking, focus, circle, tripod ( or cine)
As a charm.
But……..
After the first revelation : no more obstacle avoidance ( never used it). No cooling by fan . 2 little,holes in front have to do it ( important?). 31 minutes flytime? Let’s say 20 minutes in practice.
Overall cheaper build quality, bigger in size than a spark.
Charging batteries takes a lot more of time. ( By USB-C)
Video quality is better , but with crop sensor cameras it all depends on the light outside.
Litchi works good with mini2 but it works better on a spark. On mini2 : tripod or cine is still too quick.
Losing signal,in waypoints and the mini2 stops and RTH .
Spark finishes his job and comes home as allways. No coarse lock,or home lock on the mini2.
About range , CE ocusync onnthe mini2 gives about same range as FCC on the spark.
The most surprising is the low noise level,of the mini2 .
Very good.
So at the end, I decided that a mini2 is not a substitute for my 2 sparks and 2 MP1 and DJI goggles.
I think with the very accurate obstacle sensors and the possibility to use it with my goggles , indoor flying is the door to open.
So, I keep both my sparks .

Reactions: SoccerRef12
As I started an education in photography and video a few years ago , more and more I feel,the need for RAW photography. For proffesional use I have to make recordings in situations not allowed for a spark or a MP1 Further more ,
many of my fellow students have a mini2 and surprisingly they are afraid of using it . Or they don’t have the skills to,use it properly.
So,I decided to buy a mini2 ( second hand combo for 300€) and sell both my “ useless” sparks.
Why a mini2 and not a 3 or 4 ?
Because mini2 works with Litchi. And it certainly does.
Amazing.
Waypoints, follow, tracking, focus, circle, tripod ( or cine)
As a charm.
But……..
After the first revelation : no more obstacle avoidance ( never used it). No cooling by fan . 2 little,holes in front have to do it ( important?). 31 minutes flytime? Let’s say 20 minutes in practice.
Overall cheaper build quality, bigger in size than a spark.
Charging batteries takes a lot more of time. ( By USB-C)
Video quality is better , but with crop sensor cameras it all depends on the light outside.
Litchi works good with mini2 but it works better on a spark. On mini2 : tripod or cine is still too quick.
Losing signal,in waypoints and the mini2 stops and RTH .
Spark finishes his job and comes home as allways. No coarse lock,or home lock on the mini2.
About range , CE ocusync onnthe mini2 gives about same range as FCC on the spark.
The most surprising is the low noise level,of the mini2 .
Very good.
So at the end, I decided that a mini2 is not a substitute for my 2 sparks and 2 MP1 and DJI goggles.
I think with the very accurate obstacle sensors and the possibility to use it with my goggles , indoor flying is the door to open.
So, I keep both my sparks .
and spark is hard to break toughest drone i ever flew

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast