Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark to Mini3 Pro?

actionjack

Join
Jul 13, 2017
Howdy

Sparky finally took a near fatal crash causing me to upgrade. Gonna miss that tough little bugger. The camera gimbal is just gravity hanging free. Actually flies fine but tough to use the video

I am a part 107 qualified flier who uses a drone on a regular basis as part of my business offerings as a home inspector builder and remodeler. Got me a Mini 3 Pro and the crisp flight is amazing and the image quality is incredible. I so wanted the remote with the screen to not have to occupy my phone plus it is som much more viewable in daylight then my iphone. But hot **** I used to be much more easily able to bring up the imagery on my phone quickly to show a client. Haven't figure out the quick and easy way yet to do that with the vehicle. The **** remote will not even play back the video. WTF!

Anyway if me and the Mini 3 Pro breakup I may go buy a new Sparky just for day to day use.

Howdy

Sparky finally took a near fatal crash causing me to upgrade. Gonna miss that tough little bugger. The camera gimbal is just gravity hanging free. Actually flies fine but tough to use the video

I am a part 107 qualified flier who uses a drone on a regular basis as part of my business offerings as a home inspector builder and remodeler. Got me a Mini 3 Pro and the crisp flight is amazing and the image quality is incredible. I so wanted the remote with the screen to not have to occupy my phone plus it is som much more viewable in daylight then my iphone. But hot **** I used to be much more easily able to bring up the imagery on my phone quickly to show a client. Haven't figure out the quick and easy way yet to do that with the vehicle. The **** remote will not even play back the video. WTF!

Anyway if me and the Mini 3 Pro breakup I may go buy a new Sparky just for day to day use.
I'm selling my barely used Spark with two batteries, transmitter, cables, etc. I'll post the photos later today if you're interested. Then you could have a Spark and I know it would go to a good home!

Right now, the Mini 3 Pro looks like the best bang for the buck in the under 250gr class. Besides the new tech upgrade, it finally includes some features that the Spark had several years ago, but are just now reappearing. Good luck!

my first big drone was a blade chroma, and I honestly like that Cronin was able to use it in my business, but it was nerve-racking as hell to fly. When I got the spark, I was really attracted to its size and being able to take in many places because air travel with the promo was a pain in the butt. The difference from flying the Chroma to the spark, was like a quantum Leap and inspired a lot more confidence to be able to use the drone.

As a mini review for pilots considering this.

to me flying the mini three pro compared to flying to spark is nearly the same improvement as The experience was going from the Chroma to the spark.

The image quality is also nearly shocking, how much better it is. And I've never been a great composer of shots with my drones. It's used far more for utilitarian purposes than for vacation ir selfies of stuff like that, but we just returned from our beach vacation and I threw up a video on the big screen in our rental and family gasped at it looking like it professional cinematography.

I actually miss those instant auto edits that I got whenever I flew the spark and I haven't quite figured out all my workflows yet but for when I need to bring the drone down and shoot someone on a roof for a chimney I got a tiny micro SD, lightning adapter to pop the chip into my iPhone or an iPad so I can quickly go over what I saw.

I was very attracted to the idea of the drone being under 250 g and I'm satisfied but the spark definitely feels like a more professional instrument holding it in your hand and clearly was miles more durable.
The spark persisted in my tool kit, and in my travels, for more than six years because it is taken many a hard hit me crashes, and even self righted a couple of times and I've accidentally clicked something that made it fall out of the sky. Looking at this mini three pro if that thing it's the ground. it seems like I'll be having to order a new drone the first time it happens.

on another note, the port and SD slot on the spark was pretty well protected by a cover, and the mini three pro has no such thing. my spark has flown a fair amount in light drizzle even light rain briefly just to make sure I get a quick shot and then bring it down and I grew relatively confident being able to do that. I will definitely be nervous the first time I consider doing that with this Mini 3 Pro. this may be a solution we need to 3-D print something for.

Howdy

Hi Action Jack depending on your location and if you are interested I have two sparks , because of short battery supply I have just bought a mini 2 and would be willing to sell one of my sparks which may allow me to buy batteries for my other one if I could get $ 200 it would be great. I live near Toowoomba QLD Best Regards. Engie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast