Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flyaways - How does DJI handle? Lost Drone

Just two flyaways ? I'm going to the store to buy 1000 ft of fishing line! In thinking of putting my phone number on the bird w $100 reward for calling (and returning)... Anybody ever did that?

Hahaha your right i sound dumb, " only two fly aways" that's a lot I admit. lol but that said, I bought a few toy copters before the spark last october, i've still got a Hubsan 501s, which is sooo bad, but i love the look of it, when i got the Spark it was an eye opener. But I like your reward idea, I'm kicking myself for not having my number on my unit.

The fishing line is a solution too ....... i guess......:)

Reactions: Ben Chapman
It's still a machine. My car malfunctions once a year. Why would a $500 be perfect? Once I relax I know I will have more fun... But I love it already

It's still a machine. My car malfunctions once a year. Why would a $500 be perfect? Once I relax I know I will have more fun... But I love it already
No doubt once you get to used to it, you will be wanting to push it further and further, but do the low level fast flying, the only thing you will have to worry about is removing the smile on your face.....

isn't the Spark meant to return home if its loses communication with Remote? i.e weak signal or a remote control failure (highly unlikely, but possible) during flight?

I've never had the need to set my remote as the home point ever, as i'm always stationery, so in theory the Spark i expected to return home, regardless of anything happening to the remote. What do you think?
Exactly, and the first drone i lost confirmed to of had a defected remote also did not RTH, the flight records clearly show the spark knew the distance from home toohttps://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RXJXORRIM9CNNGB986Z1/
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Just two flyaways ? I'm going to the store to buy 1000 ft of fishing line! In thinking of putting my phone number on the bird w $100 reward for calling (and returning)... Anybody ever did that?

In Germany by the laws you have to put a fireproof sign on your drone which contains your adress and number. I ordered one which is really tiny font and only weighs 1.8 grams

you guys want to see how DJI handles fly away drones in forums?
Here we go again, replaced spark flew away again, Compass error!

1-pilots fault , out of site, looked at remote too long, assume aircraft was hovering, gang on customer, taunting to help sales team sell another drone 30%.
2-Use of flight log to claim pilot knew where a drone flew at 20klm ph from line of site in 5 secs while looking at remote.
3-use of flight log to claim pilot knew what flight log showed even after aircraft lost sync with remote and video.
It was the first time i learned that the remote could still control, have communication to report a flight log even as the remote showed a red unsync light, i had no idea the sync light indicated only remote to phone or video., but its my fault....
4- im also accuse of losing my first drne which a DJI engineer confirmed to have a Defected remote.!, i guess they think im making that up too! lol, this is not DJI saying this but some suppose pilots on their DJI forums lol
5-I was accused of having two accounts as well with one user who agreed with the comments in this thread, then when i pointed the comments out to be logical the second person who was helping me suggested i ha no right using his technical explanation for serious errors as a way to argue with those who disagree with them., wtf? brown nosing.

Too much apple type fanatical narcissism with DJI forums., yet when i speak to DJI offices they are nice, who the hell is taking this to that apple fail level is beyond me, the products are only getting better then anything apple has shown new in the last 5 years.

I suspect employees trying to scam customers with snake oil to buy another drone at 30% off but who am i to judge right.

I just ordered my replacement Spark, it comes with a controller and 16 gb card, I think I will take my old controller and add a 4Hawks antenna. So far I am happy with how it was handled and will do many things different this time

I just ordered my replacement Spark, it comes with a controller and 16 gb card, I think I will take my old controller and add a 4Hawks antenna. So far I am happy with how it was handled and will do many things different this time
DJI did this for me the first time i lost a SPARK but i had to put up a fight bout the 30% offer with limited time to decide etc etc, turned out the remote was defected, same with this one now as a whistle sound comes and goes.,

i honestly had more issues with the opinions of pilots because it felt like i was been accused os something i had no clue to what they where on about.

DJI should add a real GPS tracker and fail safe RTH command although my logs showed my spark went beyond the last position it recorded in the find-my-drone feature of the ios app, and it did have the home point recorded yet no RTH.

Yes, I had a few comments that were Monday morning quarterbacks as well, I had flown sucessfully for 6 months and one time a warrantied flyaway and all the experts came out of the field. I few and crashed may Syma's and a P2 before I bought the spark. Definately will be nervous flying this go round, my flyaway could have hurt someone bad, it's a dangerous toy when you lose control.

Well I got the drone in the mail today (Free) they even sent a 16 gb flash card and a new controller. I am sending the controller to Titan Drones tomorrow to get it modified and getting a better antenna and a set of whip antennas. Just don't know if I should get the 2.4 or 5.8 antenna, I am leaning towards the 5.8 as I do not fly far away, I may get both. Titan Drones, Inc.

Sure thing, most drone flyaways are due to pilot errors. Losing your Spark is certainly hurtful, but other more painful things can happen like hitting someone. This is why I fly only in the nature, isolated places, never around people. I also suggest to add a GPS locator to your drone, it can help to find it (of course if there GSM & GPS coverage).

Sure thing, most drone flyaways are due to pilot errors. Losing your Spark is certainly hurtful, but other more painful things can happen like hitting someone. This is why I fly only in the nature, isolated places, never around people. I also suggest to add a GPS locator to your drone, it can help to find it (of course if there GSM & GPS coverage).
Hi Drocon,

Which GPS locator are you using? I've been debating about getting one. Any pic's of the device on your bird would be excellent, if it's convenient.

Cheers

Well I got the drone in the mail today (Free) they even sent a 16 gb flash card and a new controller. I am sending the controller to Titan Drones tomorrow to get it modified and getting a better antenna and a set of whip antennas. Just don't know if I should get the 2.4 or 5.8 antenna, I am leaning towards the 5.8 as I do not fly far away, I may get both. Titan Drones, Inc.
Great news!! i'm glad you got a replacement mate!! I've seen Titan doing it's Youtube thing. Please do let us know, what range improvements you get once all setup. :)

Flying is always happy!!

Hi Drocon,

Which GPS locator are you using? I've been debating about getting one. Any pic's of the device on your bird would be excellent, if it's convenient.

Cheers

I'm at the office right now....but as I remember I'm using some RF-V16 GPS locator. You can make a 3D printed stand for it.

You Genius! just watched a review of this device, I was expecting it to be megabucks, but looks pretty reasonably priced. Thumbs up for sharing the information.

DJI did this for me the first time i lost a SPARK but i had to put up a fight bout the 30% offer with limited time to decide etc etc, turned out the remote was defected, same with this one now as a whistle sound comes and goes.,

i honestly had more issues with the opinions of pilots because it felt like i was been accused os something i had no clue to what they where on about.

DJI should add a real GPS tracker and fail safe RTH command although my logs showed my spark went beyond the last position it recorded in the find-my-drone feature of the ios app, and it did have the home point recorded yet no RTH.

Your biggest error on that thread is continuing to respond to the people opposing you. There is no point to defending yourself on the internet. You post your story, stick to it. Just ignore those who oppose you.

Reactions: Oli and Giovanni

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast