Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flyaways - How does DJI handle? Lost Drone

I mean after one minute and then you had no control over the drone, What can people not understand about not having any control over the drone

Reactions: Ginther
Sparky this my real name and my real photo, not a cartoon of Popeye. The verbiage was copied from the email. I don't care what you believe or not. You seem like an antagonist this forum is for people who like to help each other, not assign blame or ridicule people with information.

When I lost that drone I had 3 hours of flying in that day and used up many batteries, I am a novice and learned so much from the info on this site.

I am often accused of being dry and sarcastic as well, so I do understand but don’t make assumptions, the battery comment another user made was helpful and probably helped me win my case, I had only looked at the speed and crazy pattern and that I had zero control, it was possessed lol.

Don't brag about what you have, share your experiences, help others with problems. No one is impressed when you say you can buy any drone and have many drones, braggarts are not impressive.

Reactions: Gaallen and GafUK
I'm glad you had a good result! My experience with DJI was far more frustrating, but also came to a good conclusion. I'm really surprised they comped it, with no physical hardware submitted! And also, I'm very surprised that a battery malfunction could do all that!

If you get more detailed feedback from DJI, please post it as it would be great for future troubleshooting.

Congrats!

They did not give much detail only a code to apply for a purchase of a replacement that covers 100% of the cost, or an option to apply the amount to another purchase which is tempting but I have all this spark gear... I am a Veteran and was in Law Enforcement for over 20 years I do not lie, I don't hide my name or what I look like, here is who I am https://www.facebook.com/ArGhQ

I would be willing to share the DJI email privately with an admin and they can verify it is true.

Sparkle put your name out there, show us who you are, all you want to do is bully on a bulletin board. It's good for a laugh I guess.

Wait all you guys jumping on this dude, if you read his post he said after one minute of flight errors popped up and he had no control of the drone and he tried using RTH feature but it wouldn't respond to anything so how is it his fault, that's what I don't get, all of yall that are saying if you get errors and you keep flying anyways he got what he deserved, I'm sorry but NO he didn't, He plainly said he tried but the drone would not respond, y'all need to read!! Y'all jumping this man's *** cause his front flew off, I can't wait till the day y'all lose your drone and the shoes on your foot then let's see what y'all have to say!

I love hearing how oh you have drones and you won't lose one cause you can read well guess what apparently you can't read cause the dude said he had no control over the drone soon as the errors popped up, and yeah I don't care if you can read or not that's not going to stop your freaking drone from abruptly flying away on you, one day you will get a taste and then you can get in here and ask a simple question and get jumped on by guys saying stupid crap like oh you got what you deserved and you need to read, and how you have drones and you won't lose one, well if you haven't lost a drone yet or any kind of aircraft yet you haven't been flying long at all cause it will happen!

One minute into a flight errors started popping up and drone would not respond to controls, tried RTH numerous times. Data said it went 63 mph?? It shot off like a rocket.

It changed modes several times but the only command I gave was RTH, at last location it was 128ft up and had 65% battery so it could be anywhere, I looked for it for days.

I have a case open with DJI, but without a drone I am probably SOL?

Had 52 flights with the spark, undecided if I will replace.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
READ MY THREAD (thats right its in capiyol letters ;) )
----> Spark video signal lost during sport mode, never RTH!

If a manufacture can not prove why their products malfunctioned and are destroyed or lost over a un recoverable area such as lake, sea, volcano (unless obviously to close) etc then they have to cover it WARRANTY.

There may of been some possibility, something else that caused my spark to disappear that i had no idea about only experienced pilots, expert users, hackers or possibly only an engineer could of known etc etc but i did not or can be assumed to off.

my point is that i advised DJI to do what most experienced business relations personal would advise them to do.. and that is to cover the holes which hurt you and your customers.

I went through hell!!!!! not only was a gas lighted by users online any child can tell are DJI paid or have sort of Quid pro quo deals for discounts or loly-pop parts., but i was blatantly told things you do NOT tell anyone who may of worked in the air force or intelligence community, yes they used DJI drones as well (used).

DJI replaced my drone, but believe me they where not generous, it was no one on the phone that got me upset, they where nice and obviously limited, it was the emails, the people in the forums they have promoting them who where insulting, backwards and in humane.

ok so when i got an email saying they will replace the remote only in 3 days i was like wtf????
Our emails indicated that i the remote was the cause of the issue (lost connection, no rth, led then 150m distance) on a clear day in clear site then they would consider honoring the warranty which is what the actual ticket in the email said, remote, spark, props and new battery too.

So i asked why only remote and i got this message!:
We’re not entirely unsympathetic though, I have been lobbying for your cause and have managed to get you 50% off, we hope that would sweeten your deal a bit.

Then i refused an got this;

Perhaps you didn’t understand me or even misunderstood me but I just mentioned that your craft will be handled under warranty after all.

Then i got the "Customer satisfaction is very important to us" JUNK MAIL even before i got the package.

Im sorry but this is un acceptable, i felt like i was dealing with the Chinese mafia or government,

The people i delt with seem polite but instructed to be dishonest an cunning. .......we are talking about money and a warranty here.

When i got the package i hesitated to open the Pandoras box of EVIL, should i dare return to a abusive relationship, did i learn my lesson to NEVER use DJI products, i felt like i ate the apple in EDEN!, believe me it felt exactly like this! , I spoke to many people who felt the same or worse!

Some went as far as suggested they could not stop imagining that their emails came from minors living in sweat shops paid 30 cents a day during their break where they assemble DJI and Apple parts and i had to remind them about Americas own problems with guns, corruption, defamation and feminism to get my head out of this evil abyss customers fell in.

I hope DJI reads this, people upset are not just angry because they paid allot for their products, love them and want more but because they assumed the products where fail proof, provide class A flight records an data showing who is the bum responsible for an error, but they have HOLES they need to fix, fix them and your customers and your staff will live in peace..the real chinese way!

Lets add FAIL SAFE options for power users to pay extra or with the care-fresh plan,

for those who dare to go too far, loose connection or power during flights how about;
parachutes, GPS tracking module, data recorded in the remotes?.

my flight was innocent, 62% battery on a clear day..the result was remote issues non user related.

It was the racist comments but angry customers refering to Chinese sweat shops that got me upset and back to testing the spark as i had plans to sell this abusive biatch out of my life, then i realized we (i and DJI) where write, it was the remote that caused my incident.

My spark is amazing, even when i loose video signal or gps at 1klm and 250 high i can still switch the rht function from gps position to remote which radios it constantly and it will return!

No more listening to that song "DOWN IN A HOLE" by ALICE IN CHAINS for a while !

I tried the OTG cable but i rather keep my iphone plugged into a power bank when flying, i should share this as i have noticed strange behavior with the iphones batteries getting drained fast at times via this cable or simply wifi.

My confidence is back an i think those holes filled will certainly do better business for DJI with no sweat type arguments.

hope my experience attributes because if it does not then dji are crazy and your all doomed !
ALICE IN CHAINS

Last edited:
I love hearing how oh you have drones and you won't lose one cause you can read well guess what apparently you can't read cause the dude said he had no control over the drone soon as the errors popped up, and yeah I don't care if you can read or not that's not going to stop your freaking drone from abruptly flying away on you, one day you will get a taste and then you can get in here and ask a simple question and get jumped on by guys saying stupid crap like oh you got what you deserved and you need to read, and how you have drones and you won't lose one, well if you haven't lost a drone yet or any kind of aircraft yet you haven't been flying long at all cause it will happen!
when you loose signal with your drone, especially both video and gps, for example you hear modes change alerts, try going into the menu to change the RTH from position take off to remote option with the little man next to it.,

the remote sends radio signals constantly while the gps seems to be linked to the phone which if no video signal is lost.

Well if you don't learn to fly correctly, save your money [emoji44] hey I have a one month old Spark that I haven't flown since my Mavic Air arrived. I'm looking for someone to give it to. View attachment 3643
Man, this makes me sad. I have the same carry case and the same lava red Spark. Just received my flame red Mavic Air a week ago. I love the Mavic Air but the Spark is like a family member. To get rid of it would be like adopting a dog from the shelter, forming a bond and then returning it. I plan to keep and fly them both. Cheers.

READ MY THREAD (thats right its in capiyol letters ;) )
----> Spark video signal lost during sport mode, never RTH!

If a manufacture can not prove why their products malfunctioned and are destroyed or lost over a un recoverable area such as lake, sea, volcano (unless obviously to close) etc then they have to cover it WARRANTY.

There may of been some possibility, something else that caused my spark to disappear that i had no idea about only experienced pilots, expert users, hackers or possibly only an engineer could of known etc etc but i did not or can be assumed to off.

my point is that i advised DJI to do what most experienced business relations personal would advise them to do.. and that is to cover the holes which hurt you and your customers.

I went through hell!!!!! not only was a gas lighted by users online any child can tell are DJI paid or have sort of Quid pro quo deals for discounts or loly-pop parts., but i was blatantly told things you do NOT tell anyone who may of worked in the air force or intelligence community, yes they used DJI drones as well (used).

DJI replaced my drone, but believe me they where not generous, it was no one on the phone that got me upset, they where nice and obviously limited, it was the emails, the people in the forums they have promoting them who where insulting, backwards and in humane.

ok so when i got an email saying they will replace the remote only in 3 days i was like wtf????
Our emails indicated that i the remote was the cause of the issue (lost connection, no rth, led then 150m distance) on a clear day in clear site then they would consider honoring the warranty which is what the actual ticket in the email said, remote, spark, props and new battery too.

So i asked why only remote and i got this message!:
We’re not entirely unsympathetic though, I have been lobbying for your cause and have managed to get you 50% off, we hope that would sweeten your deal a bit.

Then i refused an got this;

Perhaps you didn’t understand me or even misunderstood me but I just mentioned that your craft will be handled under warranty after all.

Then i got the "Customer satisfaction is very important to us" JUNK MAIL even before i got the package.

Im sorry but this is un acceptable, i felt like i was dealing with the Chinese mafia or government,

The people i delt with seem polite but instructed to be dishonest an cunning. .......we are talking about money and a warranty here.

When i got the package i hesitated to open the Pandoras box of EVIL, should i dare return to a abusive relationship, did i learn my lesson to NEVER use DJI products, i felt like i ate the apple in EDEN!, believe me it felt exactly like this! , I spoke to many people who felt the same or worse!

Some went as far as suggested they could not stop imagining that their emails came from minors living in sweat shops paid 30 cents a day during their break where they assemble DJI and Apple parts and i had to remind them about Americas own problems with guns, corruption, defamation and feminism to get my head out of this evil abyss customers fell in.

I hope DJI reads this, people upset are not just angry because they paid allot for their products, love them and want more but because they assumed the products where fail proof, provide class A flight records an data showing who is the bum responsible for an error, but they have HOLES they need to fix, fix them and your customers and your staff will live in peace..the real chinese way!

Lets add FAIL SAFE options for power users to pay extra or with the care-fresh plan,

for those who dare to go too far, loose connection or power during flights how about;
parachutes, GPS tracking module, data recorded in the remotes?.

my flight was innocent, 62% battery on a clear day..the result was remote issues non user related.

It was the racist comments but angry customers refering to Chinese sweat shops that got me upset and back to testing the spark as i had plans to sell this abusive biatch out of my life, then i realized we (i and DJI) where write, it was the remote that caused my incident.

My spark is amazing, even when i loose video signal or gps at 1klm and 250 high i can still switch the rht function from gps position to remote which radios it constantly and it will return!

No more listening to that song "DOWN IN A HOLE" by ALICE IN CHAINS for a while !

I tried the OTG cable but i rather keep my iphone plugged into a power bank when flying, i should share this as i have noticed strange behavior with the iphones batteries getting drained fast at times via this cable or simply wifi.

My confidence is back an i think those holes filled will certainly do better business for DJI with no sweat type arguments.

hope my experience attributes because if it does not then dji are crazy and your all doomed !
ALICE IN CHAINS

I find it hard to believe the 'intelligence community' would employ anyone with such poor spelling and grammar.

This prolly means nothing, but I had what I thought was a fly away on my P3p. After a month it was found, and it crashed at the same place I lost it. Turned out the batt was bad.

This prolly means nothing, but I had what I thought was a fly away on my P3p. After a month it was found, and it crashed at the same place I lost it. Turned out the batt was bad.
her we go yawll!!!!!!!!

The spark DJI replaced was defected!!!!, it just flew away 5 mins ago!

said Abnormal compass error and drifted somewhere as i had no control.

according to the screen video its last position was in the entrance of the amusement park then i looked at the flight log and discovered it went far east from me!

i gotcha all this time, i see where the spark went according to flight data
This is the log file uploaded ;

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RXJXORRIM9CNNGB986Z1/
http://app.airdata.com/main?flig ... f65&page_id=GENERAL

This is a screens recording of the flight simulated on the iphone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSQWnfzwUBA

Here is some more info of the area from skyvector.com
SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts,-4.215820310127278&chart=304&zoom=1

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-02-24_[18-17-57].txt
    578.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2018-02-24 18_21_32-0BMLE8640100F4.dat.zip
    278 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
her we go yawll!!!!!!!!

The spark DJI replaced was defected!!!!, it just flew away 5 mins ago!

said Abnormal compass error and drifted somewhere as i had no control.

according to the screen video its last position was in the entrance of the amusement park then i looked at the flight log and discovered it went far east from me!

i gotcha all this time, i see where the spark went according to flight data Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

This would indicate that the first fly away was a power or battery issue over a lake.....because the flight data for that loss matched the flight video, well not with this last flight record...

I am wondering if it landed or totally where it shows or started to disappear from there, ...im waiting for the car to go there., if i find the sucker i want to sen it straight back!
This is strange, I am in the UK, I had a flyaway in Jan 2018, DJI accepted liability, the messages I received were the same as yours, the replacement they sent was faulty lol Kept on losing GPS, very noisey, noisey all the time even stationery, I sent that one back, they worked on it and returned it. Then on my 2nd flight 600+ meters away, had the message " weak signal and the Spark promptly disappeared. At the minute trying to fight DJI for a 100% compensation, they offered 30% and I turned it down.

This is strange, I am in the UK, I had a flyaway in Jan 2018, DJI accepted liability, the messages I received were the same as yours, the replacement they sent was faulty lol Kept on losing GPS, very noisey, noisey all the time even stationery, I sent that one back, they worked on it and returned it. Then on my 2nd flight 600+ meters away, had the message " weak signal and the Spark promptly disappeared. At the minute trying to fight DJI for a 100% compensation, they offered 30% and I turned it down.
Wow, mine was very noisy as well, i could hear it 400m away.

Beware that some people in the threads are not customers so anyone claiming you are not going to get the same customer services your used to in the west is obviously confusing the UK with CHINA!

They are liable and i already proposed the fix, in fact i thought they included my solution..which is using a GPS tracking option in the event we lose video then site of the drone just looking at the phone to find it, especially with a tiny drone like the spark which can fly 1klm in a matter of minutes.

Wow, mine was very noisy as well, i could hear it 400m away.

Beware that some people in the threads are not customers so anyone claiming you are not going to get the same customer services your used to in the west is obviously confusing the UK with CHINA!

They are liable and i already proposed the fix, in fact i thought they included my solution..which is using a GPS tracking option in the event we lose video then site of the drone just looking at the phone to find it, especially with a tiny drone like the spark which can fly 1klm in a matter of minutes.

The Spark has GPS find my drone....

The Spark has GPS find my drone....
Hi,

Your right you can track it, I did once, I flew almost 3000 meters on the way back i ran out of juice, it landed in someone's garden, at 3 am! but it had enough reserve to land safely and it sat with whatever battery power that was remaining, so i was able to find it, but all this happened because it was working great, i.e no software/gps faults or anything. These flyaways i've had meant none of the tracking systems would work. I would love to see a long range GPS tracking system that worked off a back up battery, so even if the main battery died, the powered down unit would still be able to be tracked. I suggest, you can turn this feature on and off through the app. So if i'm feeling Indiana Jones, turn on the feature and off you go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy