Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flyaways - How does DJI handle? Lost Drone

i posted the results already, the flight data showed more info the FIND MY DRONE
Yes I've seen them, as in my situation, that location is not reliable, in my experience, when your Spark suffers faults, the information your receive is not all correct. Twice I've had DJI aircraft land because of low battery, in both cases i was able to track them to their location. But if the software is at fault as in your case, you wont find it where it's telling you it is. Just going by my experience, i could be completely wrong. Another thing to mention, the information you see on your phone app isn't always all that been recorded, I used log viewer website mentioned in this forum, and discovered it was much more detailed to the possible location of the last known location, the log viewer i discovered here, pointed to a location 100 meters away from where the DJI phone app was saying it was last seen, i had spent 3 hours in a frozen field looking, when in reality, it may have been no where near.

Yes I've seen them, as in my situation, that location is not reliable, in my experience, when your Spark suffers faults, the information your receive is not all correct. Twice I've had DJI aircraft land because of low battery, in both cases i was able to track them to their location. But if the software is at fault as in your case, you wont find it where it's telling you it is. Just going by my experience, i could be completely wrong. Another thing to mention, the information you see on your phone app isn't always all that been recorded, I used log viewer website mentioned in this forum, and discovered it was much more detailed to the possible location of the last known location, the log viewer i discovered here, pointed to a location 100 meters away from where the DJI phone app was saying it was last seen, i had spent 3 hours in a frozen field looking, when in reality, it may have been no where near.
the app cant see it once the remote disconnects from the drone.

the app cant see it once the remote disconnects from the drone.
Your spot on,That’s what I’m saying, or trying to say :) in our case the air craft has gone awol the only chance of getting it back is someone finds it and hands it in. I’m hoping DJI is understanding and gives me a replacement spark. I’m confident it’s not my fault because in the past I’ve made my share of mistakes so I know when I’m in the right.

Has anyone had issues with autolanding? Plenty of battery, normal temp, GPS lock, yet at only 80-90 it would start autolanding. But RTH but try to land straight down. I put in sport mode and was able to bring down on my own...

Your spot on,That’s what I’m saying, or trying to say :) in our case the air craft has gone awol the only chance of getting it back is someone finds it and hands it in. I’m hoping DJI is understanding and gives me a replacement spark. I’m confident it’s not my fault because in the past I’ve made my share of mistakes so I know when I’m in the right.
i may be some what incorrect about the altitude limits where i am, although i am flying over property either owned by us, with permission or informing local police an gendarmerie (french military police) , but you got to see the comments on this other thread, they dont care if the spark malfunctioned, they are literally trying to extort the idea that flying above restricted altitude (within the limits advertised by DJI) basically voids the warranty.

In other words, DJI will black mail you if you do loose a drone because it behaves abnormal or they program them too and its your fault if its gone.Here we go again, replaced spark flew away again, Compass error!

i may be some what incorrect about the altitude limits where i am, although i am flying over property either owned by us, with permission or informing local police an gendarmerie (french military police) , but you got to see the comments on this other thread, they dont care if the spark malfunctioned, they are literally trying to extort the idea that flying above restricted altitude (within the limits advertised by DJI) basically voids the warranty.

In other words, DJI will black mail you if you do loose a drone because it behaves abnormal or they program them too and its your fault if its gone.Here we go again, replaced spark flew away again, Compass error!
Thats annoying! I've had two flyaways, one that's been resolved and I was supplied a replacement and one I'm dealing with now. At the time of my first loss, i was 137 meters high, 2534 meters distance. I was at 137 meters for almost the entire flight time. I had no permission from anyone. DJI paid out. Just info that might help.

Let me share the log with, for the fun of it.

This is the first fly away in Jan.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

This is the one i had Thursday:

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Please let me know if you notice anything of interest.

Cheers

Ermmm not sure, I've seen winds being faster the higher up go... not sure mate... so i take it, your waiting on DJI to make a decision on a full replacement?

Ermmm not sure, I've seen winds being faster the higher up go... not sure mate... so i take it, your waiting on DJI to make a decision on a full replacement?
they have to, remote whistle noise, no gps while 18 sats, yawl error no control indicated by the red lines in the flight log https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RXJXORRIM9CNNGB986Z1/

i was in line of site on a routine route over our own park before this started, yet the blokes on the other forums pissed on my about been 20m above restricted hight to claim im not worthy of the warranty coverage, wtf! im sure they are old apple farts!

they have to, remote whistle noise, no gps while 18 sats, yawl error no control indicated by the red lines in the flight log DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

i was in line of site on a routine route over our own park before this started, yet the blokes on the other forums pissed on my about been 20m above restricted hight to claim im not worthy of the warranty coverage, wtf! im sure they are old apple farts!
Oh mate! those error message are very similar to mine! DJI came back to me really fast and said they would replace the device, funny thing, I did a Spark update the very same day, before that update, my little spark rocked. On your log, where the red line starts, is that when you lost control? in my fly away, the DJI app would only display that known location right up to the start of the red line. It's when i used the log viewer site above, did i discover that spark kept on travelling, yours travelled some distance further, a lot further in fact. WOW. Why do people act holy then thou? as if they never do anything out of bounds? lol life is full of breaking rules, otherwise it wouldn't be worth living it. Trust me flying toys higher then your meant to, is not a biggie where i come from :)

i have done tests after notifying people in the area where we flew sparks 500m up, p4p an mavics even higher yet two sparks acted abnormal within site under 160m out and 150 up
(not one single issue in the last 4 months with a mavic pro or P4pros) so that tells you allot.

My guess is the Mavic air someone just got may encounter the same as the spark, so far so good, it usually happens when you least expect it though.

maybe its the wifi with the phone interfering, but this time i know the remote failed again., whistle noise, etc etc

is not a biggie where i come from :)

I am still a newbie so I have not used sport mode except when it got in autolanding for no reason. It handles well but reading about all the issues got me nervous like a parakeet at a cat show when I fly. For now I keep it at 150 high basically above my bald head

my
I am still a newbie so I have not used sport mode except when it got in autolanding for no reason. It handles well but reading about all the issues got me nervous like a parakeet at a cat show when I fly. For now I keep it at 150 high basically above my bald head
flight logs show that the drone lost control, compass errors, no gps while 18 sats where listed and switched itself to sports mode! flew away.. as if it was high jacked! red lines indicate no sync to the remote.,this is a public safety issue as i had lost another spark prior to this which DJI confirmed the remote was defected. ---> DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

if you notice it shows atti mode when there are sats, usually the spark re connects to the sats and rth, the kunts over at the DJI forum claim i flew a tad over 150m limit to cover the malfunction up., they make you fight for your warranty.

what caused all this could as well be interference between the wifi of the remote and gps..simple.but DJI just released a mavic pro, as they also had issues who knows what the causes for their behavior was but the issues are not at all the same..

i have done tests after notifying people in the area where we flew sparks 500m up, p4p an mavics even higher yet two sparks acted abnormal within site under 160m out and 150 up
(not one single issue in the last 4 months with a mavic pro or P4pros) so that tells you allot.

My guess is the Mavic air someone just got may encounter the same as the spark, so far so good, it usually happens when you least expect it though.

maybe its the wifi with the phone interfering, but this time i know the remote failed again., whistle noise, etc etc
I can certainty vouch for the mavic pro, i've put mine through some tests too :) i wont say how much.

I have a question, isn't the Spark meant to return home if its loses communication with Remote? i.e weak signal or a remote control failure (highly unlikely, but possible) during flight?

I've never had the need to set my remote as the home point ever, as i'm always stationery, so in theory the Spark i expected to return home, regardless of anything happening to the remote. What do you think?

Don't be to nervous, on the whole the Spark is a joy to fly, even though i've had to two fly aways, even if DJI refuse to replace the Spark in my on going case. I will still go out and buy another Spark. I just love the portability of it, I've flown mine hundreds of times without issue.

I suggest you go to secluded open field area, keep the Spark low height i.e above head height, , get in sport mode and just thrash it around, so much fun and you will get the feel of it, without the worry of it ending up some where you did not attend :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilot6521