Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What is the Highest in Altitude have you taken Mr. Spark?

I have to agree with Scott, ascending above established levels is counter to safety and to the longevity of this sport. Human life should come before any "altitude notch on the bed post" (so to speak). Its not even about the law, its about averting disaster, injury, loss of life. As those reported incident numbers grow, legislators are going to be more able to change the rules to the point of grounding us.

At least use an app like Flight Radar 24 to check your airspace before and during such climbs... even if you are ignoring the guidelines. Someones kids or parents are on that airliner up there.

Think.

Last edited:
One time I reached 1,500 feet. Got quite a cool video. Adrenaline pumping and a bit scary.

I did this in a safe area, and never did it again. I always fly as 400 feet as my max and am usually around the 200 range.

Yes.
I know that.

The post was a witty joke.

I suppose one could say the Spark set a distance and speed record too... as responsibly checked luggage. :p

Completely forgot to mention on this - Casey Neistat technically the documented record holder.

He flew the Spark on board Emirates Arlines first class suite - 7:20

Last edited:
More than half of drone sightings occur within 5 miles of airports, which is illegal regardless of altitude. The incidents that occur more than 5 miles from an airport happen at much higher altitudes, averaging over five thousand feet. FIVE THOUSAND. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be altitude limits, just that 400 is not necessarily the right threshold for remote areas with uncontrolled airspace.

Sure I get it,
So let's agree that my intention was to reply to ZPFunks comment "FAA suggests those AMA rules to keep A holes from ruining it for everyone when they decide to take their drone up to get portraits of passengers aboard 747 through the window "say cheese". But theyre A-holes"

And I did not perform a thorough fraud check on what I was posting.

Now can we get back to the point of the original comment I was replying to about idiots flying drones in an unsafe manner that may put peoples lives in danger. As I assume you don't believe all these reports are "Fake"?

If so here is a quick one from 2015 (BTW I checked it and its not fake):
New Drone Study Finds 327 'Close Encounters' With Manned Aircraft

Or here is a more recent one from:
Analysis of New Drone Incident Reports
Again Scoped it and not fake.

So now that that is cleared up, what say you? Should people be allowed to fly their drones in this manner ?

Reactions: Hddeuce03
I seen that episode (and others).

First Class has its perks.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar