Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

sequence with OTG

My S8 is in FHD, 2220x1080. No problem running DUI go with wifi connection. I tried the hard wired connection after watching a video on YouTube where the guy said he kept losing the wifi connection

My S8 is in FHD, 2220x1080. No problem running DUI go with wifi connection. I tried the hard wired connection after watching a video on YouTube where the guy said he kept losing the wifi connection
You need a dedicated OTG cable, its special...not like an ordinary usb charging cable.
People buy them from DJI store, Amazon or Ebay. A lot of links in the OTG threads.

Now would somebody please tell me what OTH means

OTG= On The Go.

Click the above link to learn more.

The use of the cable between the device and remote control is a direct connection eliminating the WiFi connection should you be in a congested area and can't establish it through WiFi. It may also help with the video lag time to the device.

The cable was never intended to be used and was never officially supported by DJI for the Spark, except for the DJI Goggles.

Is necessary to activate something in iOS in order to get OTG working?
I use Android, last week I connected OTG for the first time and it worked. Now it doesn't work [emoji43], so I tried an iPad mini just to check, but nothing happened after the "Accessory Not supported". The RC just start charging...

Is necessary to activate something in iOS in order to get OTG working?
No.

It always connects for me if I wait for the green light on the remote controller before connecting the OTG cable.

Reactions: Hddeuce03
Not sure, but it won't hurt to try

I was going to play around with the included charging cable and a USB->USC converter.

Android Oreo Pixel2 XL
Turned on RC. (used earlier for one battery cycle.)
Plugged in cable
Turned on AC
When I went to look at app the RC sucked my phone battery dry from 64%

I do have delevoper mode activated. Suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:
I was going to play around with the included charging cable and a USB->USC converter.

Android Oreo Pixel2 XL
Turned on RC. (used earlier for one battery cycle.)
Plugged in cable
Turned on AC
When I went to look at app the RC sucked my phone battery dry from 64%

I do have delevoper mode activated. Suggestions?

Thanks
It seems that it doesnt work this way. You must plug phone into RC and not RC into phone (female USB on RC side, like you would plug your phone into a computer)

It seems that it doesnt work this way. You must plug phone into RC and not RC into phone (female USB on RC side, like you would plug your phone into a computer)

Thanks...I am now on beta P. Until yesterday the dji app would not open, but late yesterday an update occurred and 'appears' to work with Beta 2. I am hoping this weekend to play with it as little and see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast