Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

sequence with OTG

What is the proper sequence of events to get going when using the OTG cable?

1, start RC
2, start spark
3, wait for RC and spark to link (green light)
4, Connect to RC wifi
5, Wait for the message (No internet Connection - Keep Connected) - CLICK YES
6,Connect OTG on the phone
7, Launch DJI GO app
8, Connect OTG on the controller
9, Fly

I am not trying to hijack the thread but I would like to use my pixel two XL. I found a USB to USC can I use the included charging cord as my OTG cable?

For me on my Samsung Galexy S7 for OTG to work:

1. Start RC
2. Start Spark
3. Turn off WiFi
4. Open DJI Go 4
5. Once DJI App is open AND the RC to Spark connection is green, then plug in the OTG cable to the RC. If the OTG cable was plugged in earlier in the steps, for me it does not work and just sits there and I need to disconnect and re-connect OTG again and then it detects the connection. So if I follow my steps, I only connect it once - at this step - and it detects the connection right a way at this point.

Last edited:
1, start RC
2, start spark
4, ??
5,??
6,??
Sorry I mixed everything. If you are using the OTG there is no need to connect to the wifi. So you can turn off the WiFi and BlueTooth.

Reactions: HD-FLHT
It's for OTG.... Read it good dude [emoji3]

And yes everything is working. Did 8 flights with that setup, no problem.
Everything is there. Battery life, distance, hight. All info is like it schould.
I was having the message 'videotransmission connection low please adjust antennas' when flying with wifi from 50m away. Now I did 250m with perfect connection with OTG.
I mean it's better now and all good. Finally they did something for the owners...

Grtz
From what I understand, OTG Vs WiFi, should not be different in terms of distance... This connection is between RC<->Phone, nothing to do with the AC...

No the post I made is like this:

OTG from device to remote.
The wifi part is to change channel between remote and spark.

It's not to connect device and remote trough wifi!!

1, start RC
2, start spark
4, ??
5,??
6,??
1, start RC
2, start spark
4, ??
5,??
6,??

I have found that connection sequence is important for my DJI Spark. There could be other orders but this has worked every time for me.

1. Drone on

2. RC ON wait for green light (about 15 seconds)

3. Antennas up at 45° angle

4. iPad on and in airplane mode

5. Open DJI Go 4 App

6. Plug lighting cable to ipad

7. Plug OTG into RC

8. iPad will beep and say accessory not supported

9. Clear message and enter DJI Go 4

10. Wait for home point update message

11. Take Off.

Hear
It's for OTG.... Read it good dude [emoji3]

And yes everything is working. Did 8 flights with that setup, no problem.
Everything is there. Battery life, distance, hight. All info is like it schould.
I was having the message 'videotransmission connection low please adjust antennas' when flying with wifi from 50m away. Now I did 250m with perfect connection with OTG.
I mean it's better now and all good. Finally they did something for the owners...

Grtz
Hear Hear - 4.2.12 works good. Can now bin 4.1.15!

Reactions: Ed Grez
Android S7 here from the USA
This is MY procedure that works for ME every time. (Your results may differ)
1-Turn on remote controller
2-Turn Location setting ON (Phone)
3- Link wifi via my phone to the remote
4- Turn on aircraft and wait for red light on the remote controller to turn green
5-Plug 6in OTG cable into my phone
6-Plug other end into my remote control
7- Window opens asking if I want to start DJI GO4 App (I reply yes)
8- Poof! In about 8 seconds I am pressing FLY NOW!
9-In the App, I Review ALL telemetry, location and Return home settings as well as any other settings that I want to review prior to departure.
10- Take off and Fly it like I stole it (for about 13 minutes)
I am using version 4.1.15 and have had ZERO issues doing it this way. Prior, I had constant disconnect of video and lots of lag as well as a grainy screen.
I hope this helps someone. It does me.

Creature of Habit. If I had to stand on 1 leg to get the OTG to work clearly and perfectly everytime I would do that too. I just have not rocked the boat to try it differently yet but that has just been what has worked for me. I will try skipping that step per your reccomendation later today and if it works perfectly then I will modify my process accordingly. Thanks for the heads up

Creature of Habit. If I had to stand on 1 leg to get the OTG to work clearly and perfectly everytime I would do that too. I just have not rocked the boat to try it differently yet but that has just been what has worked for me. I will try skipping that step per your reccomendation later today and if it works perfectly then I will modify my process accordingly. Thanks for the heads up

Just for the record:
If RC WIFI is set to auto-connect, it will override the OTG connection. (First it shows "RC Connected (OTG)..then a couple of sec later it says "Connected (WIFI))
It wasn't doin this before the latest updates as I recall.
Put phone in airplane mode to shut of wifi & data.

1, start RC
2, start spark
4, ??
5,??
6,??
1, start RC
2, start spark
4, ??
5,??
6,??
I tried connecting my Samsung S8 to the Spark RC with USB cable and it killed my S8. Dji tech support said they didn't reccomend doing that. What is OTG?

I have noticed that if I attach the OTG cable in RC then Phone, it doesn't work, but if I attach it Phone then RC, it works.

And no, the cable isn't reversed, it is micro usb on one end, and USB-C on the other.

Reactions: BrilhasMuito
Well the S8 went black and wouldn't respond to anything....
Some apps are not optimized for WQHD+ screen resolution. I run GO 4 app in FHD+ without any complications at all...
Could resolution be the "killer"?
S8 should handle GO 4 app just fine ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast