Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG - just not needed...

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but using the OTG cable makes downloading the videos & photos to the connected device a snap. I use a retired iPhone, and when connected by wi-fi, the transfer is slower and sometimes fails. Rock solid connection and faster using the OTG.

From the differing amounts of lag people are getting even on a very similar set up- android in the EC regions, I wonder if some of the lag is dependent on the CPU speed of the phone or tablet that is running Go4. Perhaps the OTG cable uses a debugging mode that does not use a compression algorithm than slower or older tablets cannot process quickly? I get very noticeable lag while using wifi, on my Acer Iconic one ten, which is an octa core tablet, but about four years old.

I had a bit of video lag and disconnection issues running an ipad 3 mini. My iphone 6s ran fine, no lag no disconnection. I reformatted the card from the ipad and also used the otg cable and no more lag or disconnection issues. Not sure which was the culprit though as I did both at the same time.

Just had a look at your range test video.
The video feed is horrendous !!
You had the weak image signal warning throughout most of the flight.
Are you seriously saying you're happy with that ??

That video was horrendous wow and that is exactly what we are going on about with using WiFi how the hell he flown that is beyond me. Haha it's dangerous.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but using the OTG cable makes downloading the videos & photos to the connected device a snap. I use a retired iPhone, and when connected by wi-fi, the transfer is slower and sometimes fails. Rock solid connection and faster using the OTG.
Just checking, but you know they’re poor quality doing it that way?

The HD videos will only transfer if you physically remove the micro sd card and transfer them from that.

Hope I’m not telling you how to suck eggs, but there are posts on here with people complaining about the poor quality of images, and it’s because they weren’t taking them from the sd card.

The HD videos will only transfer if you physically remove the micro sd card and transfer them from that.

Hope I’m not telling you how to suck eggs, but there are posts on here with people complaining about the poor quality of images, and it’s because they weren’t taking them from the sd card.
I'm sure it actually says download original file when your using otg to get your videos

Reactions: Hddeuce03
I'm sure it actually says download original file when your using otg to get your videos

Nope. The files on your phone are the same as your display. So they’re sent in 720p at a lower bitrate so the display keeps up with what the Spark sees.

The files on the sd card are the full hd vieeos. That’s why dji recommend cards of certain speeds so it can keep up with the recording.

Check page 31/32 of the manual.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
Nope. The files on your phone are the same as your display. So they’re sent in 720p at a lower bitrate so the display keeps up with what the Spark sees.

The files on the sd card are the full hd vieeos. That’s why dji recommend cards of certain speeds so it can keep up with the recording.

So when it says download the original file it's still 720p. Look at these pics I taken. I still have the spark turned on and next to me. I thought when you pressed download original file it actually downloads the 1080p version

Screenshot_20180315-193458.pngScreenshot_20180315-193434.png

I'm sure I've watched tutorials that said it's a quick way to get the original pictures of the sd card you can do it this way. I know it takes ages for videos doing it this way.

Reactions: Hddeuce03

I think we are getting mixed up. You are on about the cache videos and pictures yes they are 720p horrible quality versions. But if you press that download original it downloads the 1080p versions from the sd card that's what we was on about.

I think we are getting mixed up. You are on about the cache videos and pictures yes they are 720p horrible quality versions. But if you press that download original it downloads the 1080p versions from the sd card that's what we was on about.
Yep. Crossed wires.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi

This is my video with otg 720p video straight from cache not edited straight uploaded to YouTube, look at his video he had disconnections all the way through mine doesn't. There is a massive difference using otg than Wi-Fi. When you turn on the sticks it instantly responds about half a second if that. The video is 10 times massively smoother as well. You put my video side by side with the op and tell me which you would rather fly with.
This is why I'm absolutely angry as hell at dji making me stuck on 4.1.15 APK for month's know dji needs to get there act together and sort this out.

Last edited:
Will you be testing for range? Although nice, but this was basically flying in circles. Not sure it’s proving anything, really. You had a dead-on line of site. Power cables all underground, not much contributing to any interference. Looks like a pretty good place to fly.
Thx for sharing,
Cheers

Will you be testing for range? Although nice, but this was basically flying in circles. Not sure it’s proving anything, really. You had a dead-on line of site. Power cables all underground, not much contributing to any interference. Looks like a pretty good place to fly.
Thx for sharing,
Cheers
Ive flown 1 mile out with both otg and Wi-Fi. It's not about how far you can fly! It's about how clear the video is and the latency, this is what people arnt getting when you are hardwired straight into the controller Wi-Fi is just another signal that the controller and phone has to deal with and if people are using crap devices it's going to be 10 time worse.

Ive flown 1 mile out with both otg and Wi-Fi. It's not about how far you can fly! It's about how clear the video is and the latency, this is what people arnt getting when you are hardwired straight into the controller Wi-Fi is just another signal that the controller and phone has to deal with and if people are using crap devices it's going to be 10 time worse.
So ios or Android, an OTG and your Spark.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
So ios or Android, an OTG and your Spark.
Both iOS or Android but I want to able to use otg with the new updated android app 4.2.6 and not be stuck using old outdated 4.1.15 app. Dji is pushing everyone underground hacked scene and this won't fix anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast