Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go 4 update - 4.2.4 update on both IOS and Android

Ok had a flight tonight guys OTG connected in to ipad mini 2 latest app and everything worked as it should BUT BIG BUT... The Telemetery was out at times ...ie the height said i was about 10m then 1.2m at what i would say 30 meters high.....
A bit worrying to me....
What would it do on RTH...

Back to wifi for me ..Did not see that on wifi the night before

Yes I can confirm that lastest ios update seems to have fixed the low quality video signal issue with OTG connected

This was a problem that I had with the OTG cable and iPhone SE before the update... but no more issue now! Yay!

OTG cable always worked.
It was just not compatible with some (Autopilot) apps
But this is an iPhone issue

Guess I’ll be buying a used ipad mini for it. DJI has ios locked up pretty tight. Oh well

I bought a used iPad mini 4 back in Sept just for flying. Works great with Mavic and Spark (except 4.1.22 OTG). Glad to hear that's fixed now. Planning on some Spark flights this weekend. I don't like paying the Apple tax but in this case it was worth it.

So iOS has 4.2.4 out. People on the DJI forum says that OTG is back working with that version. Haven’t tried it myself yet.
Can confirm (fomeatleastthatth
So iOS has 4.2.4 out. People on the DJI forum says that OTG is back working with that version. Haven’t tried it myself yet.

Tried it out yesterday. No problems with OTG on an iPhone X. Like it was before. Very happy.

Just tried it out and all the problems of 4.1.22 seem to be gone. OTG works no warning and my range is back to what it used to be. Flying from my house 2600' now vs 1200-1500' on 4.1.22. Everything seemed fine.

While I'm really glad they finally fixed it, DJI really sucks at software. Especially for iOS, how can they do so poorly?

You might need to pull down from the top of the screen to get the App Store to show you the updates.
I did the update on my pad mini and the OTG is working, if you go threw the correct procedure. But I thought with the OTG cable connected that the signal between the RC and the Spark would change to 2.4 ghz and that was what the deal was about the farther distance????

Finally got to where I could go test it, been a long couple of days. BTW - great-grandson Charlie finally made his entrance around 4PM yesterday, 6# 11oz 20 inches long. He and my granddaughter are doing great.
Back to my testing, latest DJI Go 4 app on an iPad mini 4 running the latest iOS version. The OTG cable worked flawlessly. I completely shut down everything (AC, RC & iPad) between flights. All of the settings including the button assignments were retained. All of the telemetry was there and working. Probably because the last time I flew it outdoors there were leaves on the trees, it went out 950 feet 100 feet altitude vs. around 800 feet out at 100 feet altitude.
Congrats

I did the update on my pad mini and the OTG is working, if you go threw the correct procedure. But I thought with the OTG cable connected that the signal between the RC and the Spark would change to 2.4 ghz and that was what the deal was about the farther distance????

Ok had a flight tonight guys OTG connected in to ipad mini 2 latest app and everything worked as it should BUT BIG BUT... The Telemetery was out at times ...ie the height said i was about 10m then 1.2m at what i would say 30 meters high.....
A bit worrying to me....

LOOK AT YOUR HEIGHT AND DISTANCE GUYS ..TELL ME IF THEY LOOK WRONG .....THEY WORK AND SHOW UP BUT 3 TIMES THEY HAVE SHOWN WRONG INFO...[emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20]

A little off-topic, but I decided to sell my Spark and get a Mavic Air to compliment my Mavic Pro Platinum.

Sorry guys, it was fun, but I really don’t trust the Spark enough to fly it the way I do my Mavic Pro Platinum and will the Mavic Air. The OTG issue along with the non-redundancy just pushed the Spark out of my comfort range and therefore it just isn’t for me.

The Spark is still a great little drone and it will be missed.

A bit worrying to me....

LOOK AT YOUR HEIGHT AND DISTANCE GUYS ..TELL ME IF THEY LOOK WRONG .....THEY WORK AND SHOW UP BUT 3 TIMES THEY HAVE SHOWN WRONG INFO...[emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20]

I have flown 3 times so far on the new DJI Go Software with IOS firmware 11.2.5 with no issues so far. I used both an iPad 2017 and an iPhone 6s Plus thats actually running BETA IOS 11.3. Both worked flawless no issues at all. On the phone I did not even turn off Bluetooth or use airplane mode because it was connected by cable and I still have not seen any issues.

If you set your homepoint at launch, it should go right back to where it started. How many satellites did you have? Definitely think you might want to connect the assistant software and check on everything just in case.

I have flown 3 times so far on the new DJI Go Software with IOS firmware 11.2.5 with no issues so far. I used both an iPad 2017 and an iPhone 6s Plus thats actually running BETA IOS 11.3. Both worked flawless no issues at all. On the phone I did not even turn off Bluetooth or use airplane mode because it was connected by cable and I still have not seen any issues.

If you set your homepoint at launch, it should go right back to where it started. How many satellites did you have? Definitely think you might want to connect the assistant software and check on everything just in case.
Thanks mate ..yeah im on ios 11.2.2 ...new dji go software...
I did 3 batterys ...the first 2 i did setting my home point then taking off from my case,then changing to gesture and palm landing ...reading my flight records all telemtry looked sweet as...
3rd Battery i did not set home point and started by the double tap on the battery for gesture control ,played around a bit then picked up the remote and flew around (i noticed i had fluctuating height readings all the time) came back and palm landed as i always do...

Video signal was great
All this was done with OTG...

To narrow the results im wondering if launching from gesture first could of given me an incorrect height readings ...

Give me your thoughts and wheather you prefer OTG VS WIFI

Cheers
Craigus

Hey guys, does the iPad mini 2 fit the slot on the spark RC? I am thinking of getting one just for the spark as using go4 hasn't been very good on android. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502