Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go 4 update - 4.2.4 update on both IOS and Android

Hey guys, does the iPad mini 2 fit the slot on the spark RC? I am thinking of getting one just for the spark as using go4 hasn't been very good on android. Thanks.
I have ipad mini 2 and does fit but very tightly and you gotta force it in ...i opted for this instead

Thanks mate ..yeah im on ios 11.2.2 ...new dji go software...
I did 3 batterys ...the first 2 i did setting my home point then taking off from my case,then changing to gesture and palm landing ...reading my flight records all telemtry looked sweet as...
3rd Battery i did not set home point and started by the double tap on the battery for gesture control ,played around a bit then picked up the remote and flew around (i noticed i had fluctuating height readings all the time) came back and palm landed as i always do...

Video signal was great
All this was done with OTG...

To narrow the results im wondering if launching from gesture first could of given me an incorrect height readings ...

Give me your thoughts and wheather you prefer OTG VS WIFI

Cheers
Craigus
Hey Beario

This is my flight details
Notice the Negative altitudes.... How can you get a Negative ...lol
All Gps were over 14Screenshot_20180128-194308.jpg

Hi all, first flight of the year and can confirm that OTG now all works with latest IOS update. Flew very smoothly and no issues whatsoever with video or GPS. Happy days [emoji3][emoji106]

Hey Beario

This is my flight details
Notice the Negative altitudes.... How can you get a Negative ...lol
All Gps were over 14View attachment 3167
Your altitude is based on where the home point is. If you fly down hill. the altitude will go negative. I've stood at the top of a cliff and flew down into the valley and my altitude said -100.

Nice and sunny with a little wind..not many clouds

I've seen some interesting readings myself in foggy cloudy weather. The terrain looks flat where you were so I do not think that was a factor. I'm going to go flying in a bit. I have not seen anything out of the ordinary on my Spark or my wife's and we have identical setups with the exception that I run IOS developer firmware on my phone. Since I have not seen anything weird since updating I will let you know if I do see something but perhaps go flying again to see if the issue repeats itself.

Reactions: craig Dixon
I've seen some interesting readings myself in foggy cloudy weather. The terrain looks flat where you were so I do not think that was a factor. I'm going to go flying in a bit. I have not seen anything out of the ordinary on my Spark or my wife's and we have identical setups with the exception that I run IOS developer firmware on my phone. Since I have not seen anything weird since updating I will let you know if I do see something but perhaps go flying again to see if the issue repeats itself.
Im going to burn through 4 batterys today but just going to use the wifi not otg....Will try all senarios ..
I will post back and let you know

I will be a new spark owner (hopefully) in about a week or so (I'm waiting for a replacement ... what I received was a previously opened Fly More box that was missing items). In the mean time DJI has introduced the Air, which I may be forced to consider if they can't resolve the android OTG issue with the spark. I have gone thru all the posts in this thread, but have not seen anyone testing the WiFi connection between the android device and the RC. I have spent the past week trying to familiarize myself with the spark's pros and cons, and I believe that somewhere in that week I read that someone using 4.1.22 on android had issues using OTG, but found that the WiFi / RC connection was vastly improved and they now had no need for their OTG cable. So ... is there a chance those of you in this thread who are android users could test 4.2.4 WiFi / RC and let us know how it works, it would be much appreciated. That being said, I need to know the spark will work (as advertised) without issues (on android) in order for me to keep it when it arrives. Thanks everyone ...

UPDATE: I was able to find my answer on a different thread ...
FOR ANDROID USERS: version 4.1.15 - OTG cable works ..... version 4.1.22 - WiFi works

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502