Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What version app?

ELD.visuals

Join
Mar 28, 2018
Good morning, any updates recently and what version are you using on Apple? I'm on v4.2.12 have there been any major updates to the Spark? Haven't flown in about three weeks. and no updates? a

Everyone using Android is anxiously awaiting 4.2.12 as supposedly the version allows use of the OTG cable for Android. 4.2.12 was available in the Play Store (equivalent of ios App store) for less than one day, and then was yanked. Some people were able to download it, still have it, and confirm OTG is working. So, from an Android perspective, 4.2.12 is a sensitive subject.

Everyone using Android is anxiously awaiting 4.2.12 as supposedly the version allows use of the OTG cable for Android. 4.2.12 was available in the Play Store (equivalent of ios App store) for less than one day, and then was yanked. Some people were able to download it, still have it, and confirm OTG is working. So, from an Android perspective, 4.2.12 is a sensitive subject.

How odd, I didn’t do any updates but that’s the version I show . Went flying today and worked great on WiFi with iPhone 8 Plus

Yes. iphone is the way to go. OTG fixes android problems. Iphone has no problems. If you look on the back of the box your drone came in, you'll see a small note that the drone was made for iphone.
I have always been an android user. My wife had an extra iphone - iphone 6 - she let me use it, and I have never looked back. Using iphone is a world of difference. I once flew 1.56 miles an never had a weak transmission signal warning. There's no doubt I could have gone further, but the Spark battery was running out.
By contrast, my Droid Maxx 2 is a disaster of lag and weak signal, but with OTG (used to be available), it worked much better.

Reactions: ELD.visuals

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast