Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Waypoints with spark?

I considered buying Litchi but did not since it does not support Waypoints on Spark. Litchi does not support Waypoints on Spark because they use the DJI API and DJI does not support waypoints. Autopilot uses its own controller (a different risk) but can provide capabilities DJI does not since Autopilot does not rely on the DJI API.
Yeah - I heard a rumor that DJI was considering waypoints - that's the biggest downside I had with considering the Spark.

Has anyone tried to use pix4d with a modded app that flies mavic flight plans? Wondering if this may work, tell pix4d you have a mavic and go from there.

Plenty of folks have paid that for Litchi and consider it money well spent. Sign up on the website and play with Mission Hub to see how fun it can be to setup a mission. Then you can use an app that was written called Virtual Litchi Mission that you can actually simulate the mission with Google Earth. I cannot stress enough how incredibly fun and productive this combo is.
But, it really depends on how you fly.
You can find Litchi on sale periodically - I used some Play Store points and waited for it to go on sale a few months back and got the Android version as a backup to my iOS app for cheap.

I've paid for Litchi and Autopilot. LOL.

I've paid for Litchi and Autopilot. LOL.
I wish Mission hub had the capabilities of the app for setting up a mission - I like drawing a path with the waypoints auto-heading.
The iPad mini is just a tad small for that work tho...

I wish Mission hub had the capabilities of the app for setting up a mission - I like drawing a path with the waypoints auto-heading.
The iPad mini is just a tad small for that work tho...

I played around with the Hub yesterday for the first time. I could even export and bring them into Autopilot. Such a cool tool. I didn't know about it before seeing your post. Thanks!

I played around with the Hub yesterday for the first time. I could even export and bring them into Autopilot. Such a cool tool. I didn't know about it before seeing your post. Thanks!
Naw - you want to see cool then join MavicPilots and search for "Virtual Litchi Mission". You're looking for version 2.0 something.
He has embedded Mission hub into the app and automated sending a mission to Google Earth where you can actually simulate FLYING the mission. Good way to avoid buildings and hills and such. I consider it an essential tool.

Reactions: dietwedge
I had been looking at Litchi for a few weeks and some of the points that have been brought out in this thread convinced me to buy it today. Wow!!! It looks like it has everything I wanted and more. FPV was a really good surprise. I just wanted to say thank you to Brojon and others here who have helped me to learn more about this great alternative to dji GO.

I had been looking at Litchi for a few weeks and some of the points that have been brought out in this thread convinced me to buy it today. Wow!!! It looks like it has everything I wanted and more. FPV was a really good surprise. I just wanted to say thank you to Brojon and others here who have helped me to learn more about this great alternative to dji GO.
In addition as a new Litchi owner you can get a 30% discount on an Airdata UAV account which is a fantastic tool for tracking you performance - battery life and statistics, sensor performance you name it it's in there. Litchi can upload flight data automagically after each flight.

Some people use Red waypoint for flying with Waypoints, and start the autoshoot at a time interval to take pictures. In post processing they take the pictures and with softwares like drone deploy they make ortophotos, 3D models...
Can you tell me where the time interval option is, please.

Naw - you want to see cool then join MavicPilots and search for "Virtual Litchi Mission". You're looking for version 2.0 something.
He has embedded Mission hub into the app and automated sending a mission to Google Earth where you can actually simulate FLYING the mission. Good way to avoid buildings and hills and such. I consider it an essential tool.

This is such a cool tool. Thanks to all the super smart folks out there, making it easy for the rest of us. Lol.

It really is a "cool tool". What is REALLY cool is simulating the mission in Google Earth and then when you actually fly the mission it seems like it isn't really your first time.

It really is a "cool tool". What is REALLY cool is simulating the mission in Google Earth and then when you actually fly the mission it seems like it isn't really your first time.
One of the handiest parts is you can look under the diagnostics and check waypoint labels. It will throw up a label at the height of the waypoint with a connecting flagpole - great for visually checking clearance and maintaining a constant altitude over the landscape.

I wasn't aware of VLM until recently and it's a great tool to go between mission hub and google earth.

Any way or App to use to make spark follow and setup waypoints?
Or is upgrading to mavic the only option?

DJI released a software developer kit (SDK) last month so 3rd party apps can allow the Spark to fly waypoints. I am beta tester for the Litchi app and can assure you the waypoint missions are awesome with the Spark. It also has an Orbit Mode that's more customizable than DJI Go. Litchi will unlock features of your Spark that easily justify the $20 price tag.

You can use Mission Hub on the internet or create missions right on your phone. It supports OTG just fine. The ability to program missions without the Spark powered on or connected saves so much battery time.

The Litchi beta version is being updated twice a week so they seem to be dedicated a lot of energy towards a public release. Your patience will be rewarded!

Reactions: Björn
The Litchi beta version is being updated twice a week so they seem to be dedicated a lot of energy towards a public release. Your patience will be rewarded!

Where on the Litchi site do I sign up for beta? Thanks. Bought Litchi a couple days ago but haven't tried it yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502