Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Waypoints with spark?

I have been using Autopilot almost daily at a different location and it has been working beautifully. It’s now my Go To app (used to be Litchi). I had to do some custom profiles to get the various pano modes to work.

Red Waypoint app for Android does it reasonably good. There is a separate thread on the app at RED WAYPOINT

If Home location is recorded properly during takeoff, RTH should work normally in Red Waypoint

Since v1.2 OTG is supported
Downloaded the latest version but i cannot make it work. Once everything is connected (OTG and WIFI Internet), i open the app, wait till it connects with the Spark (sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesn't) When it connects and press FLY on the next screen it shows Aircraft disconnected and sometime the app will close on its own... Appreciate any help maybe i am doing something wrong..

Hi guys,
I am new on the community and I was ready all the threads related to the Waypoint feature on Spark. I own a Spark Drone and I want to use it for 2D mapping. As far as I knew, one of the best apps in the market for such job in Pix4DCapture from Pix4D. Is important to say, that this app is not an auto piloting app: it just helps me to fly in a grid and take photos from the ground in an specific distance.

I downloaded the app and, after logging me in and choosing my Drone model on the settings menu, the home page just showed me an option “Free flight mode”. As I saw on the video tutorials, on the home page where many other options available (Simple grid flight, double grid flight, etc), but in my case I saw just one option. Choosing randomly between the settings I realized that when I choose another Drone model (e.g. Mavic Air or Phantom, etc) the options appeared. It just didn’t appear selecting Spark on the menu.

I contacted the tech support from Pix4D with this concern and they just explained me that this issue was related to a limitation from the SDK from my Spark, and he recommended me to contact you why is that and if the issue could be resolved with a firmware update. (See image 1)
upload_2018-7-24_18-9-37.jpeg

For me is quite strange that all the older DJI drones before Spark, and also de newest member of the family (Mavic Air) are capable to work with Pix4DCapture, and “just only” Spark doesn’t work.

So after this I contacted the DJI Dev team and they confirmed me that “I am sorry that our MSDK does not support the waypoint mission with Spark you wanted to confirm.
Hardware Introduction - DJI Mobile SDK Documentation“ (See image 2)
upload_2018-7-24_18-10-9.png

After reading all your posts I see that maybe Autopilot could help me to do what I want, but I have the doubt if:
1. Is possible that the Tech guy from Pix4D and the DJI Dev support just didn’t know that is possible to do Waypoint missions with Spark and gave me randomly explanations for the issue
2. Autopilot is going to help me to do the job

I will be very grateful is you could bring some light to my situation.

Cheers!

Rafael

Hi guys,
I am new on the community and I was ready all the threads related to the Waypoint feature on Spark. I own a Spark Drone and I want to use it for 2D mapping. As far as I knew, one of the best apps in the market for such job in Pix4DCapture from Pix4D. Is important to say, that this app is not an auto piloting app: it just helps me to fly in a grid and take photos from the ground in an specific distance.

I downloaded the app and, after logging me in and choosing my Drone model on the settings menu, the home page just showed me an option “Free flight mode”. As I saw on the video tutorials, on the home page where many other options available (Simple grid flight, double grid flight, etc), but in my case I saw just one option. Choosing randomly between the settings I realized that when I choose another Drone model (e.g. Mavic Air or Phantom, etc) the options appeared. It just didn’t appear selecting Spark on the menu.

I contacted the tech support from Pix4D with this concern and they just explained me that this issue was related to a limitation from the SDK from my Spark, and he recommended me to contact you why is that and if the issue could be resolved with a firmware update. (See image 1)
View attachment 5963

For me is quite strange that all the older DJI drones before Spark, and also de newest member of the family (Mavic Air) are capable to work with Pix4DCapture, and “just only” Spark doesn’t work.

So after this I contacted the DJI Dev team and they confirmed me that “I am sorry that our MSDK does not support the waypoint mission with Spark you wanted to confirm.
Hardware Introduction - DJI Mobile SDK Documentation“ (See image 2)
View attachment 5964

After reading all your posts I see that maybe Autopilot could help me to do what I want, but I have the doubt if:
1. Is possible that the Tech guy from Pix4D and the DJI Dev support just didn’t know that is possible to do Waypoint missions with Spark and gave me randomly explanations for the issue

Cheers!

Rafael

The SDK for autonomous flight on the Spark just came out a short time ago. It is likely that Pix4D is not aware yet, but it will be up to them to update their app in order to do what you want.

Downloaded the latest version but i cannot make it work. Once everything is connected (OTG and WIFI Internet), i open the app, wait till it connects with the Spark (sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesn't) When it connects and press FLY on the next screen it shows Aircraft disconnected and sometime the app will close on its own... Appreciate any help maybe i am doing something wrong..

Turn off your wifi and wait for the RC and the spark to pair. Then plug your usb to your [emoji337] and then open the app and then plug in the otg cable to the RC

Did U updated the last firmware for Spark and RC?

Hi guys,

View attachment 5963

Hardware Introduction - DJI Mobile SDK Documentation“ (See image 2)
View attachment 5964

Cheers!

Rafael
Some people use Red waypoint for flying with Waypoints, and start the autoshoot at a time interval to take pictures. In post processing they take the pictures and with softwares like drone deploy they make ortophotos, 3D models...

Maybe spark just can't with it's software, I'm surprised that litchi didn't try, i mean who'd pay 25 bucks for something that you get for free with the DJI app already
Plenty of folks have paid that for Litchi and consider it money well spent. Sign up on the website and play with Mission Hub to see how fun it can be to setup a mission. Then you can use an app that was written called Virtual Litchi Mission that you can actually simulate the mission with Google Earth. I cannot stress enough how incredibly fun and productive this combo is.
But, it really depends on how you fly.
You can find Litchi on sale periodically - I used some Play Store points and waited for it to go on sale a few months back and got the Android version as a backup to my iOS app for cheap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502