Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Storing the Spark Vetrtically

Dhw688

Join
Mar 12, 2018
Loc
Australia
I was wondering whether there is any harm in storing the Spark veritcally long term.

I have bought a large camera back pack which has an upper and lower section. In the Upper section, I've store my Spark (so there is no heavy weight on it) and the bottom section, I store my camera.

Although, there is no weight stress on the Spark, is there any harm if it is stored vertically on a long term?

I would like to keep both teh Spark and the camera together in the back pack.

I've stored mine vertically for weeks on end with no apparent issues. I think it should be ok.

is there any harm if it is stored vertically on a long term?
No. You can even store it upside down if you'd like.

... And for added peace of mind, a protector guard for the gimbal?
Yep! That's a nice camera lock/cover. It's inexpensive, made well, and easy to use.

store it anyway you want,, upside down, vertical,, no problem, It's just plastic and metal when switched off,, Would consider protection the Gimbal though..;)

I experienced a noisy fan after some days of a vertical storing. After some flights, the fan was clean again. I only store the Spark horizontally since then.

Thank you all for your responses. So in general, yeh its pretty alright to store the Spark veritcally.

One last questions though. By storing vertically, will it cause any issue with the IMU settings? ie. wil you need to caliberate the IMU more often?

mine is stored vertically inside a backpack in my closet since FEB..

also means i havent had a vacation..

Just a friendly tip about those gimbal covers. Do not forget to remove them before you power up the Spark. It is very easy to forget that it is there so I taped a piece of thin ribbon to mine as a reminder. It also makes it easy to find if you should drop it in the grass as I once did.

View attachment 4886
I drew a big, silver X over the part covering the camera, so if I forget to remove it, I remember as soon as the camera comes on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502