Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sparkie won't power on.

MattfromMaryland

Join
Feb 1, 2018
Hey guys, I'm hoping some of you who have been around drones longer than me can help me out. I just went out and got my Spark a few days ago and took it out for a spin yesterday, everything seemed to be woking just fine. Today after work I went to a park near me to go for a flight, ran out the first battery, and brought it back to me for a fresh one. Upon landing and turning the drone off and replacing the battery I found that it would no longer turn on at all. Its been in the mid 40's (F) here so a little on the chilly side, but the batteries had been kept warm the whole time. I've tried recharging both of the batteries but nothing boots up, the only thing I get is an orange light on the inside of the unit that lights up when I try to power it on. Im thinking about taking it back to Best Buy to see if they'll help me out but I'm thinking they won't since it was working to begin with.

Assuming it hasn't crashed and you did correctly charge the batteries my first thought is that you might have some debris on the Spark body right at the battery contact strips. A speck of dirt bridging the contacts would shut it down. Also make sure you force your batteries into the Spark and try to yank them out. There have been cases of Sparks ejecting their batteries in mid air

That's all I've got.

Jake

Reactions: Mrmund
Try checking on updating the batteries?

And yes Lightbg, good call. Insert the next battery till it clicks, then Physically! try to pull it off, Every time, Just in case...

Assuming it hasn't crashed and you did correctly charge the batteries my first thought is that you might have some debris on the Spark body right at the battery contact strips. A speck of dirt bridging the contacts would shut it down. Also make sure you force your batteries into the Spark and try to yank them out. There have been cases of Sparks ejecting their batteries in mid air

That's all I've got.

Jake
I made sure everything is perfectly clean, batteries are charged correctly and lock tightly into the body of the drone. As far as the firmware update goes that’s a good thought but the issue is without being able to power it on there’s really no way to update anything.

Good luck with Best Buy. They are pretty **** when it comes to returns or exchanges of anything RC. Once the box has been opened they basically wash their hands of it.
I hope you find the problem......maybe call DJI support.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewDatcu