Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

SPARK RANGE DOUBTS

BrilhasMuito

Join
Jan 29, 2018
Loc
Brazil
Hello!
I just bought a spark with the combo fly more. I was on the beach flying with it, and experieced a bad connection even in short range. I´m preatty sure the problem is my phone device (Motorola E) is really bad for it. It´s not even in the compatible devices list provided by DJI.
My doubsts are:
If I buy an iphone (IOS 9 or better) I'd get a better range? What if I use an iphone+OTG cable? Will it improve the range even more than without cable?
Awaiting your considerations.
Best regards,

I don't know what your definition of "better range" is. There are plenty of videos on youtube where people test/demonstrate the range of the Spark.

You have to remember that the range they specify in the DJI documentation is under ideal circumstances. I've been in WiFi dense areas where the range is more limited than places I fly where it more open and WiFi free. Where I live, you can only fly as far as LOS. With the Spark's size and my vision I've never had problems flying that distance (LOS)

I use various Apple products to fly my Spark. From my Iphone 6+, Apple Ipad Air 2, Ipad Mini 4, and Ipad Pro with and without the OTG cable and noticed no issues. I actually quit using the OTG cable as its not needed (for me) and actually caused me some issues early on with false information.

I don't know what your definition of "better range" is. There are plenty of videos on youtube where people test/demonstrate the range of the Spark.

You have to remember that the range they specify in the DJI documentation is under ideal circumstances. I've been in WiFi dense areas where the range is more limited than places I fly where it more open and WiFi free. Where I live, you can only fly as far as LOS. With the Spark's size and my vision I've never had problems flying that distance (LOS)

I use various Apple products to fly my Spark. From my Iphone 6+, Apple Ipad Air 2, Ipad Mini 4, and Ipad Pro with and without the OTG cable and noticed no issues. I actually quit using the OTG cable as its not needed (for me) and actually caused me some issues early on with false information.

Sorry about my English. When I say "better range" I mean "further distance".
I was on the beach in an open area even though the AC flew just 400 meters.

Otg won’t get you better range. In fact it won’t get you anything.

As you can see below it's cheap in Brazil but not thaaaaat cheap. The cheap ones look really bad and fragile.
Any of you compared with and without de OTG?

upload_2018-1-31_12-0-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-31_11-58-8.png
    upload_2018-1-31_11-58-8.png
    323.8 KB · Views: 13

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef