Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark is drifting

Marno Denner

Join
Apr 14, 2018
Loc
South Africa
Hey guys. stumbeled upon a new thing today.

When I fly my Spark straight forward i can see the drone drifts to the right so its not actually flying straight but skew, the was no wind it the time of flying. Has anyone had this issue and if so what is causing it?

Maybe the joysticks need a refresh calibration?

Check your flight log and see if you were nudging the stick a little to the right while going forward.

Any metal around? I was trying to fly over a rail bridge recently, and it was doing the same.

Most of the houses in my area have tin/metal roofs but this is the first time it has done this
I have been noticing that mine was doing this I thought it was the wind. I'm going to re calibrate my controller in settings see if that fixes it. Mine was that bad the other day I was pressing forward on the sticks and the drone was flying angled I noticed it on my video and checked that I was definitely pushing forward and I was. Strange.

Reactions: Yamsyamsyams
I have been noticing that mine was doing this I thought it was the wind. I'm going to re calibrate my controller in settings see if that fixes it. Mine was that bad the other day I was pressing forward on the sticks and the drone was flying angled I noticed it on my video and checked that I was definitely pushing forward and I was. Strange.

Mine, too. Let us know if that works.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
That's funny, I noticed mine doing it on my last two flights. Began thinking that maybe it's a result of my flag pole strike back in March but now wondering it it's something else. I had to change one prop but that appearded to be the only damage.

Mine has been fine up till my last flight. It will keep drifting to the left when facing south and to the right when facing north. I did a full calibration on compass and control sticks. But still the same was thinking magnetic interface, but the last flight I was in the middle of an open field.

Mine has been fine up till my last flight. It will keep drifting to the left when facing south and to the right when facing north. I did a full calibration on compass and control sticks. But still the same was thinking magnetic interface, but the last flight I was in the middle of an open field.
Same here bud dont know what the hell is doing on

Mine done the same. I recalibrated the RC sticks, IMU and compass. It fixed the drifting issue. But I am also wondering if it is not some magnetic interference of some sort as it still does it sometimes, but when I then change location it is fine again. It once drifted toward the right, then I went up to 90 meters altitude and went for distance. After say about 350 meters Sparkie flew straight again. That’s why I think it is more magnetic interference than anything else.

Mine done the same. I recalibrated the RC sticks, IMU and compass. It fixed the drifting issue. But I am also wondering if it is not some magnetic interference of some sort as it still does it sometimes, but when I then change location it is fine again. It once drifted toward the right, then I went up to 90 meters altitude and went for distance. After say about 350 meters Sparkie flew straight again. That’s why I think it is more magnetic interference than anything else.
Hi Jannie strange. I did al the calibrations but still no changes. I stay in a area with a lot of tin/mental roofs. I dint know if that migjt cause it

Mine was doing this about a month ago. It wouldn't fly in a straight line. Hovering was also all over the place. I did a full calibration, IMU, compass and sticks. I haven't had a problem since.

Reactions: Nope 2.0
Mines started doing that also. When I'm hovering, the camera or drone seems to yaw left or right. Then when you correct the yaw, it yaws in the other direction.

Mine did the same, veered towards the right after take-off. It happened after my Spark had a 'mild' crash on my concrete floor (My bad, flew in the dark and couldn't see the Spark properly. Being new and excited, didn't know where was front or back). Done an IMU calibration ONLY and fixed the problem.

See here for a video instruction.

Reactions: shawnski451
Mine did the same, veered towards the right after take-off. It happened after my Spark had a 'mild' crash on my concrete floor (My bad, flew in the dark and couldn't see the Spark properly. Being new and excited, didn't know where was front or back). Done an IMU calibration ONLY and fixed the problem.

See here for a video instruction.
I'm going to give this a try today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast