Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark battery strap or elastic band?

I've just been out flying mine and it was making a right wierd noise when the blades was spinning in the air I immediately landed it and checked the blades and 3 of them was bent. I've been using the Dji blade holder's and it has bent my blades what the hell dji it's the rubber band ones.

These ones don't use them.
Buy PGYTECH Spark Propeller Holders

Reactions: Matty J
This is what I have been using every flight. Almost no weight...fits perfect, and very strong. Got them off Amazon. I am not going to chance it either after thr YouTube videos i've seen.View attachment 3852View attachment 3853
Yes, I got this one from Amazon and use it religiously. I have four of the original batteries with the smaller nubs so I stand a greater chance of having one pop out in flight...like some people have.

It looks like there have been at least two generations of Spark batteries... one with a crappy, insecure locking arm and another with a much better one. I have batteries in both configurations, and I'm not happy about it because I bought all of them retail (some from the DJI Store). Maybe I'll try to make a warranty claim for the "older" version batteries.
Sorry Limesqeezy I tried to send back my 2 batteries for warranty replacement twice (defective battery latches) figuring DJI would send me new safe batteries but received batteries with the same latches.
I do not use the 2 warranty replaced batteries with the weak latches, don't trust em

I read on some forums that the new batteries have this fixed - Is this not true ?
If its true can we detect which are the new and which are the old batteries ?

Sorry Limesqeezy I tried to send back my 2 batteries for warranty replacement twice (defective battery latches) figuring DJI would send me new safe batteries but received batteries with the same latches.
I do not use the 2 warranty replaced batteries with the weak latches, don't trust em

Can you please post pics and identifier which are new and which are old battery designs ? Thanks

I have a $1 solution that i think will work - Noob here been only had 3 flights on my spark

how do you tell month and year of manufacture (want to check before i buy from the store)

i cant tell for sure which one is the larger retention (is it the 2nd from bottom?)
HI Goixiz, so the good news is DJI has added stronger latches to their batteries manufactured after September 2017 or so they will be harder to find as time goes on Battery information is available in the DJIgo4 app under battery tab.
The problem with the batteries was the small black tooth above the latch on the battery was too short, I believe it was the bottom picture in post #25 that has the bad latch.
I have been using the clip on battery strap for my older batteries, thanks to suggestions on this thread.

Reactions: Vilco
This is what I have been using every flight. Almost no weight...fits perfect, and very strong. Got them off Amazon. I am not going to chance it either after thr YouTube videos i've seen.View attachment 3852View attachment 3853
========================

I see the landing post attached to the Spark and the battery protector. Has anyone tried that specific battery protector with the propeller guards in place ? Does it fit ???

This battery issue is frankly scary and I've seen posts about Mavic Pro dropping in the Ocean or river ( 3 of them ) because of what appears to have been determined battery drop out. In 2 instances DJI replaced the drone after reviewing the LOG it seems. But none the less sure is a scary thingie.....I have the battery bracket on my watch list in Amazon ...just waiting for confirmation that it can be installed with the prop guard in place before I pull the trigger..

========================

I see the landing post attached to the Spark and the battery protector. Has anyone tried that specific battery protector with the propeller guards in place ? Does it fit ???

This battery issue is frankly scary and I've seen posts about Mavic Pro dropping in the Ocean or river ( 3 of them ) because of what appears to have been determined battery drop out. In 2 instances DJI replaced the drone after reviewing the LOG it seems. But none the less sure is a scary thingie.....I have the battery bracket on my watch list in Amazon ...just waiting for confirmation that it can be installed with the prop guard in place before I pull the trigger..
I've used the battery strap since day 1, even though my batteries are not ones with the smaller latch. Better safe than sorry. I have never tried the Spark with prop guards, I suggest if you are only flying outdoors to dispense with the prop guards, they catch the wind and will make your spark less stable. Just dont fly too low or get too close to things whilst you are learning to fly.

I've used the battery strap since day 1, even though my batteries are not ones with the smaller latch. Better safe than sorry. I have never tried the Spark with prop guards, I suggest if you are only flying outdoors to dispense with the prop guards, they catch the wind and will make your spark less stable. Just dont fly too low or get too close to things whilst you are learning to fly.

=====================
Actually, those prop guards saved me yesterday.

Funny newbie stories ...here it goes.

Day 1: 2 days ago....take sparky out....get up in the air and fly around to get a fell for it...come back to land and it lands between two boards.....bang one prop shot. OK, got a spare one, so place spare one on. Position sparky on outside table ..and OK take off....ouupss alarm bell red light and what not Missie on controller not happy....look at sparky....ummm.....well brand new prop flew away leaving sparky behind. What the $%?$**...seems newbie did not properly ensure that the prop was fitted correctly and locked in place. So, hit the web and Amazon and order 3 x 4 props.

Day 2: yesterday..windy should not have taken it out...long story short.....I tell sparky come home baby...stubborn kiddo...goes past the house and hits the side wall trying to come in the house although I kept telling it were the door was ! It litterally bounced for the longest time and kept bouncing against the wall, nothing I could do to stop it until it finally responded to RC and dropped down.

Bottom line I've just experienced my first fly away...and thoses prop guards saved the props given the wall bouncing....so I shall keep those on for now ...and will removed them when I am more agile and not flying around my house...LOL!

At this stage I am considering attaching Sparky with the 25 foot training leash I used for my Dog!

Open spaces .... Go find somewhere near where you live that is away from everyone/everything, and use beginner mode. My first flight is on my YT channel "the day the spark flew" and you will see that I had the wife as spotter, and I was away from everything, and in beginner. You kind of have to work your way up to flying closer to things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis