Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark battery strap or elastic band?

Reactions: Sparkster
@RotorOne thanks for the pictures.

See pictures below, out of my four batteries only one (the newer battery) have the larger/more reliable clip.

View attachment 3942
View attachment 3943

Received 2 batteries today ordered on Amazon Prime for $44 each. Both have the large tabs (manufactured 12/2017). One battery has another problem though. When I try to remove it from the charger it gets somewhat stuck - I have to pull harder to get it out. Also feels different than my other batteries when I remove it from Spark. I plan to return it. Has anyone else encountered this?

Definitely as well if you are flying about in sports mode this little spark must be pulling some g's when it instantly stops [emoji16]

Anyone actually use one of those spark battery straps that clip on to the back of the arms? -

How good are they and will it put strain on the back 2 motors as the weight would be uneven when the strap is attached? This is why I'm unsure on whether to buy one..

What are you using to keep your battery in place for extra safety?

Please post a picture along with your post if possible.

I use this:
RCstyle DJI Spark Non-Slip Battery Strap Lock Securing Tie https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076WZVM89/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_FiEPAbPV6VV3A

Weighs next to nothing and is easy to put on and remove.

Received 2 batteries today ordered on Amazon Prime for $44 each. Both have the large tabs (manufactured 12/2017). One battery has another problem though. When I try to remove it from the charger it gets somewhat stuck - I have to pull harder to get it out. Also feels different than my other batteries when I remove it from Spark. I plan to return it. Has anyone else encountered this?
Hey Bmarlow, check to make sure the battery is not swollen, it would definitely expand as the battery was used/charged if it has a puffy cell. Swelling is most noticeable at the top of the battery where the label is attached, should be nice n flat there.

Hey Bmarlow, check to make sure the battery is not swollen, it would definitely expand as the battery was used/charged if it has a puffy cell. Swelling is most noticeable at the top of the battery where the label is attached, should be nice n flat there.

Already returned for refund - replacement ordered and received. I think the plastic tabs that lock it into the charger were a bit out of tolerance.

It looks like there have been at least two generations of Spark batteries... one with a crappy, insecure locking arm and another with a much better one. I have batteries in both configurations, and I'm not happy about it because I bought all of them retail (some from the DJI Store). Maybe I'll try to make a warranty claim for the "older" version batteries.

It looks like there have been at least two generations of Spark batteries... one with a crappy, insecure locking arm and another with a much better one. I have batteries in both configurations, and I'm not happy about it because I bought all of them retail (some from the DJI Store). Maybe I'll try to make a warranty claim for the "older" version batteries.
Let us know how that goes, I am on the same boat.

My Spark dropped from the sky when one of the older crappy insecure locking batteries fell out. I sent my Spark into DJi and had all repairs done and a battery replaced under warranty,, quite happy and flying now with only the new battery with the better clip.. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit