Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Official DJI Adventure Unfolds video

I'm hoping for a Mavic II with 1" Sensor, better gimbal and other general upgrades and improvements. I personally don't think the gap between the spark and Mavic needs bridged, but I do think the Mavic needs improved. I rule the Phantom out completely because I hate it's form factor and size and will never buy one unless they change it.

All that said, I think we're going to get a washed down Mavic that sits in between the Spark and Platinum.

Reactions: Kilrah
Before this “Mavic Air” teaser I thought DJI would upgrade the Spark to 4K. Now I think the Spark will be their entry level 1080p consumer drone and the Mavic Air will be the entry level 4K drone. That could mean the Mavic Pro/Platinum gets 4K @ 60 or 120, obstacle avoidance in the rear and more flight time. Leaving the New Phantom to be the entry level professional drone, interchangeable cameras to include 360 degree.

Just hoping and wishing.

What a tease. I'm very interested to see what they have come up with. I feel that I've outgrown my Spark in only a few short weeks. Really would like the extra flight time and 60fps at 2.7k that the Mavic offers.
Sell the Spark. Buy the Mavic. Sorted...

So today they announced the DJI Mavic Air - which is a surprise considering that I think it will cantibalize both the SPARK market and the Mavic market. It's not really an upgrade to the current Mavic Pro except for the reduction in size. It is an upgrade to the SPARK but for almost $300 more you get a larger drone, better camera, the 3rd gimbal axis and a relatively similar flight time to the Mavic. I'm personally holding out for an upgraded Mavic with an improved camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502