Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Spark pilot.

JDHiggins

Join
May 12, 2018
I received my Spark 5 days ago and love it! I have flown it every chance I get and currently have my fourth battery on its way for more flight time. I'm a mid-western boy and have been looking for something to take my mind off of my fight with stage 4 kidney cancer, drones are my answer! I'm have a great time flying and I'm now starting to save up for another drone!

Here is a picture of my hometown, after doing some editing. I'm a work in progress.2018-05-20-18-10-35.jpg

I've got a few pics and videos over water, I try to stay around 30 feet above water though. I also took what I think is a cool video of a barn at our family farm.

You can go lower but like I said, be prepared for some loss of altitude and be ready on the sticks to aid in keeping it in the air.
It is no biggie if you are ready for it.
First time I brought it down over water, it kept going for it and I thought "that's what they are talking about" and applied more throttle.

Welcome to the forum and look forward to more video!

Reactions: JDHiggins
Not to hijack but pmshop...the other day when I could not get too high off the water because of the canapy I noticed the spark would lose a bit of altitude....until I read your comment above I thought is was my anxiety of first flight over water. So this is a normal things? I was about 5 feet above the water.

Thanks

Reactions: pmshop
Not to hijack but pmshop...the other day when I could not get too high off the water because of the canapy I noticed the spark would lose a bit of altitude....until I read your comment above I thought is was my anxiety of first flight over water. So this is a normal things? I was about 5 feet above the water.

Thanks

Absolutely in certain conditions.
The reflections of the water messes with the Visual Positioning System (VPS).
The VPS sends screwy signals to the IMU and wants it to get lower to "focus" on its position.

Reactions: Spark 317 and KevTN
Is there no way to compensate for the VPS readings like switching over to flying with just the GPS signal?

Is there no way to compensate for the VPS readings like switching over to flying with just the GPS signal?

You just have to be ready with more throttle.
No way to manually switch anything with the DJI Spark.

That is where the convenience of a spark can be a hindrance.
Something goes wrong, let the sticks go and it hovers - under normal circumstances.

But in this case, need to be ready to fly manually.

That is why I am so thankful I learned to fly manually with the SYMAS and the DIY crafts I built.
If the Spark tries to fly away, I can compensate and bring it in manually.

I received my Spark 5 days ago and love it! I have flown it every chance I get and currently have my fourth battery on its way for more flight time. I'm a mid-western boy and have been looking for something to take my mind off of my fight with stage 4 kidney cancer, drones are my answer! I'm have a great time flying and I'm now starting to save up for another drone!

Here is a picture of my hometown, after doing some editing. I'm a work in progress.View attachment 5070

Here is a picture of my hometown, after doing some editing. I'm a work in progress.View attachment 5070

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast