Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Navigation options with RC

Hi Robin,

Apologies if I have created some confusion. Simply put: I am not able to access the intelligent flight modes WITH the RC. The screen shot I pasted was to show the intelligent flight modes WITHOUT the RC.

Additionally, nowhere (neither in MC settings nor General Settings) am I presented with the option to "Enable Intelligent Flight Modes" as shown in your screenshot in post #10.

So, I know I can access intelligent flight modes WITHOUT the RC. But, I prefer flying WITH the RC, and would ideally like to access the intelligent flight modes WITH the RC.

Hope this clarifies things. Really appreciate your help in this matter!!
Thanks for the clarification, was more or less what I understand under the lines, but better to be sure.
Seems to me that what can avoid intelligent flight mode and sport mode is the login to DJI account. This apart hardware failure.
Can you try from the Go4 app to logout and login again? You need to have internet connection for that on your phone.
From main Go4 screen, Me panel, Gear button on top right and SIGN OUT, Ok, Sign in, Password, Sign in. Maybe restart of your iphone?
Also, are you able to fly some good distance (> 100m) and altitude > 50m with the RC.

From a user over at DJI with years of experience....

"Beginner mode sets a maximum radius of 30M that the drone can be flown around the pilot - that’s horizontal and vertical. It sets a max air speed of around 15MPH, reduces the RC stick sensitivity and won’t allow you to take off until a home point has been recorded by GPS. You also will not be able to use sport mode or the intelligent flight modes. It is designed for first time flyers to learn the absolute basics of flight within the safest settings. Only disengage beginner mode once you have flown a couple of times and feel confident to go further, faster and higher and know all the basics."

It seems to be a software issue. I would try to restore or upgrade the firmware of the remote controller.

@Northwood Mediaworks Hi Robin,

My saga continues. I fear my RC my be stuck in Sport mode. I now get the following message when I power up:

IMG_4136.PNG

This would explain why I am not able to access the intelligent flight modes while flying. I have tried switching on and off, and off and on, and on and off ... several times but to no avail.

What is rather puzzling though, is that the AC does not fly very fast i.e. does not seem like it is in Sport mode.

Not sure if you are able to shed any more light on this.
Thanks for your help so far.
John.

@Northwood Mediaworks Hi Robin,

My saga continues. I fear my RC my be stuck in Sport mode. I now get the following message when I power up:

View attachment 5888

This would explain why I am not able to access the intelligent flight modes while flying. I have tried switching on and off, and off and on, and on and off ... several times but to no avail.

What is rather puzzling though, is that the AC does not fly very fast i.e. does not seem like it is in Sport mode.

Not sure if you are able to shed any more light on this.
Thanks for your help so far.
John.

I only wish I could, I suggest you (of you have not already) open a ticket with DJI support.

After reading the entire thread it appears that you have addressed every possible software issue. But I do not see where you confirmed you signed out of Beginner Mode which is the factory default setting.

That leaves hardware as most likely culprit. Now that you have done factory reset and updated firmware I suspect defective RC unit (could even be Spark hardware its self).

Best way to test Spark versus RC hardware is to try a second controller

Reactions: John Bell
John,
I'm replying to post #29
The reason the craft moves slower with that warning message is just what it says...somehow the craft booted while in Sport Mode and that messes with everything.

I read you opened a ticket & hope DJI gets it sorted out for you ASAP

Reactions: John Bell

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh