Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Navigation options with RC

John Bell

Join
Jun 26, 2018
Loc
Cape Town, South Africa
I have tried just about everything, but I am not able to get to the Navigation options screen using the Remote Controller. I have the combo package and using an iPhone 7. When linking just the phone to the Spark (i.e. without the RC), no problem. But as soon as I use the RC, no joy. I have tried with and without an OTG cable. I have reset the Spark to factory settings. I have refreshed the Firmware in the Spark using Assistant 2 on my Win 10 laptop. I have read up on all the threads on this forum, and done what they suggested. No luck at all!! What else can I try? Very confused, and somewhat frustrated!!

TIA

Hi
Can you describe the steps you do when using the RC?

There are critical steps to do:
- RC link to the Spark, its link LED should turn green.
- Did you see the SparkRCxxx wifi on your phone?
- Did it accept the connection?
- What is saying the Go4 app?

In case of OTG cable, did you get a message about unknown device?
What cable did you use?
Did you use latest version of app and firmware?

Reactions: AkoLangs
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I follow exactly the steps you list, first link RC and Spark, then iPhone to RC via wifi. The Go4 app is perfectly normal, shows all the settings, GPS satellites, etc. When I use OTG cable, no message about unknown device. I use a cable specifically designed for the Spark (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adam-Eleme...-Controller-grau-beidseitig-90°/dp/B07B9HB1CY). My app version is v4.2.22 (3162), and I refreshed the AC firmware via Assistant 2.

Hi John

Are you in Beginner Mode by any chance? The intelligent flight modes are not available in Beginner Mode.

So what I suggest you do... (my routine too)
  • Connect the lightning end of the OTG cable to the iPhone, while no app running, screen brightness full, volume max
  • Switch on Airplane mode on phone. Also turn off any BluTooth things you may have nearby
  • Power up the Spark
  • Power up the RC and wait for the light to turn green
  • Open GO4 app, wait a few seconds
  • Connect the USB end of the OTG cable to the RC
  • The iPhone will then virbate and give a message about an unsupported device... clear that
  • Then go to the Start Flight screen
  • Check your beginner mode is not on if you are confident you dont need it.
  • Check your Wifi channel is a clean choice
  • Check the IMU and Compass screens for interference, move accordingly if there is.
  • Check your RTH height setting is adequate for your surroundings
  • If all good, be sure take off area is clear and away from metal or tall trees
  • Take off.... be happy!

Last edited:
Ah ok, you mean intelligent flight mode not accessible.
Sport mode? Should be shown SPORT instead of GPS, but who knows.
Can you fly at any distance? At least 100m by example or altitude > 50m meters.

Hi Robin, thank you for your detailed input. I followed your instructions exactly. Still no access to intelligent flight modes. Herewith a screenshot of my phone - iPhone 7.

View attachment 5843

Touch the three little dots (top right hand menu) and then in there, have a look for the switch..
Inteligent Modes.jpg

That screenshot is not necessarily a Spark shot but its the same location...

Like this Google Image Result for https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/201801/06/005001ua59r89rrax8yizp.jpg

Ok, I try that. BTW I am not able to fly on SPORT mode either. Switching the switch on the RC does nothing [emoji37]

Hmmm.... still makes me think Beginner mode is on. Can you share a screen shot of your settings menu? Either that, or something is wrong with your firmware/hardware (doubtful). What version of GO, firmware, etc. are you using?

I tried it again. Don't have the option to "Enable Intelligent Flight Modes". Here are screenshots of my settings while flying with the RC:

View attachment 5845 View attachment 5846 View attachment 5847

Here are screenshots when flying without the RC

View attachment 5848 View attachment 5849
I don't understand. You say your issue is not having the intelligent flight mode WITH the RC and your screenshoot show them.
What is really your issue? Something is not coherent.
At start you indicated: "Navigation options screen using the Remote Controller"
Later you indicate "I am able to access the intelligent flight options when my iPhone is connected directly to the AC"
What do you call "intelligent flight options"? Intelligent flight mode, you can access from your last screenshoot.

I don't understand. You say your issue is not having the intelligent flight mode WITH the RC and your screenshoot show them.
What is really your issue? Something is not coherent.
At start you indicated: "Navigation options screen using the Remote Controller"
Later you indicate "I am able to access the intelligent flight options when my iPhone is connected directly to the AC"
What do you call "intelligent flight options"? Intelligent flight mode, you can access from your last screenshoot.
Hi Robin,

Apologies if I have created some confusion. Simply put: I am not able to access the intelligent flight modes WITH the RC. The screen shot I pasted was to show the intelligent flight modes WITHOUT the RC.

Additionally, nowhere (neither in MC settings nor General Settings) am I presented with the option to "Enable Intelligent Flight Modes" as shown in your screenshot in post #10.

So, I know I can access intelligent flight modes WITHOUT the RC. But, I prefer flying WITH the RC, and would ideally like to access the intelligent flight modes WITH the RC.

Hope this clarifies things. Really appreciate your help in this matter!!

This did this on mine recently and I found out I was in Sport mode from a prior flight. Once I turned it off, they appeared. You might try flipping Sport mode on then off again to see if that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef