Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My 1st video - Brielle (from Above)

Brettje

Join
Nov 30, 2017
Hi all,

Been a while since I've posted, finally (after about 2 months) managed to edit a video I took of a small old town in Zuid Holland called Brielle.

I hope you enjoy, and thank you for taking the time to view.
Always looking to improve, and after watching the video hundreds of times whilst learning to edit, I have a list of where I think I'll need to develop, both on flying, video taking and editing. Comments and criticism all welcome :)

Lovely footage mate, and such a picturesque subject!
Some constructive criticism:
  • Try to use "linear movements" only. That is; try to keep the rate of movement during a shot equal.
  • When editing, try to start a shot when the drone is already moving, and stop the shot while it is still moving. This makes for a more balanced view.
  • Not trying to be the drone police, and I think safety was never an issue, considering the altitudes you were flying at, but large parts of Brielle are strictly No Fly Zone, due to the Rotterdam Airport nearby, see attached screenshot.
Brielle.PNG

Better than my 1st video. Its takes practice to get clean movement, especially when you hover & spin.

I've learned that you really have to slooooooooowwwwwww down when doing the yaw shots (spinning), learn to use Tripod mode, and to really get them smooth you need to learn how to upscale to 59.94fps with some interpolation, not sure your software is capable, as I am not familiar. And aside from that technical aspect, the human eye needs time to absorb the detail of a scene, most of my footage so far is of forest and farm country, so not a great deal of detail, but when shooting city scenes, there is so much going on, slowing down, and stopping then letting the motion of the scene run, those will help your viewer feel the rewards of your composition. And what Joost said, be careful, fly safe.

You were lucky for that duck swimming by and whatever that other thing was in the river. Cool!

Great tour and that church is beautiful. You did a great job. And I see that Holland has upgraded their windmills too.;)

Reactions: pmshop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none