Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

MavMount with iPad Mini

I really like the MavMount. Been using it on my Mavic. I tried a couple other Ipad/Smart Tablet holders which put the Ipad above the remote really throws the balance off of the remote, makes it top heavy. The MavMount puts the table over the remote keeping the remote well balanced.

I typically only use my Mavmount with my Spark if the sun is too bright and need to use a Sunshade. The MavMount works well with the Hoodman Sunshade....

I ordered the MavMount - and the CrystalSky Mount for when my UltraBright CrystalSky is delivered.

Next time I fly either my Mavic or Spark, I want to try flying them with my 12.9" iPad Pro to see what a really big screen would look like.

MavMount is solid!

Ordered one last week, looking forward to using it when it gets here. Just wondering about cases that it will fit in now.

Reactions: Advexure
I've found that as I "gather" more stuff I need increasing larger cases. I bought the first GPC case which doesn't offer enough room for the Mavmount especially if you have a bunch of the extras.

What I've done is buy a LowePro backpack that holds all my Mavic gear and then some. Has room for all the additional stuff like Mavmount, a nice slot for my Ipad Air 2 or Ipad Mini 4, Hoodman shades.

When I need the added protection of a hardshell case. I just put what fits in the case to protect it from vibration and hard bumps. Items like my Mavmount I just put in a separate bag and put it in my motorcycles top case...

Ordered one last week, looking forward to using it when it gets here. Just wondering about cases that it will fit in now.

I've found that as I "gather" more stuff I need increasing larger cases. I bought the first GPC case which doesn't offer enough room for the Mavmount especially if you have a bunch of the extras.

What I've done is buy a LowePro backpack that holds all my Mavic gear and then some. Has room for all the additional stuff like Mavmount, a nice slot for my Ipad Air 2 or Ipad Mini 4, Hoodman shades.

When I need the added protection of a hardshell case. I just put what fits in the case to protect it from vibration and hard bumps. Items like my Mavmount I just put in a separate bag and put it in my motorcycles top case...

Which LowPro case did you go with?

Just got my MavMount for my Spark and iPad/LG G Pad 10.1. Loving it so far.

Taken from the Spark:
DJI_0084.JPG

DJI_0083.JPG

DJI_0082.JPG

Reactions: Advexure
Have always loved the MavMount and every time we let folks demo them at different events and workshops they typically immediately fall in love with it (for real, like true love).

We have shared the below images in another thread asking some questions about MavMount with Spark but will leave them here too for those wondering. There is now a CrystalSky Mounting Adapter Plate that is also available to accommodate mounting CrystalSkys, both 5.5" and 7.85" models.

There are many mounting solutions out there but MavMount is really one of the only ones that takes balance into careful consideration by putting the display's weight over the RC's center of gravity for ultimate balance and comfortability of the RC and monitor (or tablet) during flight.

Buy MavMount Tablet & CrystalSky Mounting Adapter for Spark

Happy to answer any specific questions pertaining to the MavMount. Have been using them in-house and out in the field for quite some time and again, LOVE THEM! :)

Spark-iPad.jpg

Spark-CS.jpg

Reactions: gnuPilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502