Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Making money with the DJI Spark

Besides the legality, is the Spark camera going to produce images good enough that people would be happy about? I ask because I have taken pics of the same subject with my Inspire, Phantom, and Spark all within minutes of each other, and in most cases you can see the Spark pics aren't as good as the Inspire or Phantom pics look. I am for sure not a pro photographer, just an enthusiast but I can clearly see this
I guess if you're only thinking of photo's as an object of artistic quality, the difference could be noteable. However the OP may be interested in real estate photos, roof or chimney inspections, agricultural monitoring, construction site monitoring, event documentation.

There are other liabilities I have learned about trying to make money and not holding a Part 107 license.
Case in point here in Texas USA:
If you are not Part 107 and fly for a Real Estate firm, they buy your services and post your pictures, the Real Estate firm can lose THEIR license.
I am sure there are other licensed services that this can happen to, but this is the first affected that I heard of since I was approached by one of the local firms.

I went out and took my 107, (super easy test btw), and now I take pics for agents. Made a little website, boom in business.

Ha yup, but that knock will go very differently if you don’t have the paperwork. [emoji12]

OK, once you get the legalities of your endeavour sorted out, PLEASE spend some time schooling yourself up on some photographic principles and techniques.

There are plenty of online video tutorials that can teach you these things for free. Make use of them! The Spark is quite competent at taking great shots, but you WILL need to understand how to shoot manually if you want to get the best from it.

Too many folk think it’s the craft that’s going to make all the difference with their imagery. That’s like thinking buying a Formula 1 car will make you a professional race car driver.

Reactions: NDJollyMon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast