Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hi from South Africa

Ivan

Join
Aug 3, 2017
My Spark arrived yesterday! This is my first drone - I cannot wait for the weekend to see what this baby can do. For now I'm sticking to the flight simulator.

Hallo Ivan! I'm also from SA. Got my Spark Fly More Combo 2 weeks ago and I really love what this thing can do. Setup is a pain though and for some reason I still need to reset the drone every time to connect to my cellphone. I'm sure you'll love flying it!

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Hallo Ivan! I'm also from SA. Got my Spark Fly More Combo 2 weeks ago and I really love what this thing can do. Setup is a pain though and for some reason I still need to reset the drone every time to connect to my cellphone. I'm sure you'll love flying it!
Hi Ivan, what sort of range are you getting in South Africa using the remote controller? Are you happy with your drone and range?

My Spark arrived yesterday! This is my first drone - I cannot wait for the weekend to see what this baby can do. For now I'm sticking to the flight simulator.
What sort of range are you getting in South Africa using the remote controller?

What sort of range are you getting in South Africa using the remote controller?
Hi Guys,

I am in SA and I use the parabolic range extenders, this is an absolute game changer in terms of removing lag, the live feed is up to do date with no more lag using these, however unfortunately it does very little in terms of increasing range.

On 2.4GHZ I loose connection to the RC and 120m! 5GHZ around 90m.

Any one had any more luck with range in South Africa?

Hello from the Mid-West again, Gareth.

The parabolic range extenders are an inexpensive investment for the Spark.

Just be sure to keep pointing towards the Spark when flying to stay connected .

Welcome to the Forum again.:cool:

Hello from the Mid-West again, Gareth.

The parabolic range extenders are an inexpensive investment for the Spark.

Just be sure to keep pointing towards the Spark when flying to stay connected .

Welcome to the Forum again.:cool:
Hi!

Thank you.

Yes I always stay facing the spark when using these range extenders. The 120m when loosing connection was straight ahead of me about 10m high.

Hi Richard, I am in Jhb and get more than 700m no problem. Can probably get more but a bit scared to push further. Where is SA are you from?

Hi Guys,

I am in SA and I use the parabolic range extenders, this is an absolute game changer in terms of removing lag, the live feed is up to do date with no more lag using these, however unfortunately it does very little in terms of increasing range.

On 2.4GHZ I loose connection to the RC and 120m! 5GHZ around 90m.

Any one had any more luck with range in South Africa?
Hi guys. Ian here from Cape Town. Also fairly new to drone stuff. Had mine about 3 weeks.
In terms of range, it's weird. I've seen people saying they gets 700m! I can't believe it. Furthest I've got up is about 98m and in Straight line out about 150m, this is after I've ignored the antennae issue and pushed on[emoji21].
My aerials are perfectly flat side pointing towards drone. I'm pretty happy with this kind of range.
I'm also on 5.8ghz, I actually can't change to 2.4. No choice. Switches automatically to 5.8. no WiFi bars even visible which is annoying.

Hi Ian. You need to change from EC to FCC mode. Then you will see some magic here in SA. There are many posts on this topic for you to get sorted.

Hi guys. Ian here from Cape Town. Also fairly new to drone stuff. Had mine about 3 weeks.
In terms of range, it's weird. I've seen people saying they gets 700m! I can't believe it. Furthest I've got up is about 98m and in Straight line out about 150m, this is after I've ignored the antennae issue and pushed on[emoji21].
My aerials are perfectly flat side pointing towards drone. I'm pretty happy with this kind of range.
I'm also on 5.8ghz, I actually can't change to 2.4. No choice. Switches automatically to 5.8. no WiFi bars even visible which is annoying.
Hi Ian,

Check my other posts for FCC using floater app. This will change the spark into FCC mode and make you feel like you have a new drone.

I was also only getting 100m, changed to FCC and got 350m with no lag or drop in signal but then turned around and came back.

PM me if you get stuck.

Hi Ian,

Check my other posts for FCC using floater app. This will change the spark into FCC mode and make you feel like you have a new drone.

I was also only getting 100m, changed to FCC and got 350m with no lag or drop in signal but then turned around and came back.

PM me if you get stuck.
Hey Gareth, tried to pm you but message doesn't go through?

I watched the YouTube video with the way to do it.
I downloaded the apk. Link to the other fake app, but can't open it on my phone as it says its corrupt.
Not sure how else to do it?

Hey Gareth, tried to pm you but message doesn't go through?

I watched the YouTube video with the way to do it.
I downloaded the apk. Link to the other fake app, but can't open it on my phone as it says its corrupt.
Not sure how else to do it?
Hi Ian,

Not sure which app you speaking about.

Follow this YouTube video.

I think it's the safest.

Reactions: ianthurtell
Hi Richard, I am in Jhb and get more than 700m no problem. Can probably get more but a bit scared to push further. Where is SA are you from?
Hi Jannie,

Is this with the Spark in FCC?

I am using Android, Samsung S8.

Was there any transmission loss / signal drop when you went to 700m? was that in 2.4 or 5.8?

Can you post a pic of the flight data for that? From the Dji app?

Reactions: sparkphoto
Hi Richard. Yes, it is in FCC mode on 5.8. I am using an Apple phone with a little OTG cable and I tell you, absolutely no signal loss whatsoever. But when I use the same setup with my LG G5, I get a bit of video feed loss at about 500m. I deleted the data off my phone but I will post a log after this coming weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast