Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Try disable video cache.. if you havent already. People reporting better app stability when disabled..

View attachment 6250
Try disable video cache.. if you havent already. People reporting better app stability when disabled..

View attachment 6250
Thank you for that.. I didnt know you could turn it all the way off.. The option to turn it off on the official GO 4 app is not there. But I just installed this mod and the option is there.
Havent flown yet.
I am wondering if I use the troll account, do I have to go into my settings every time or will they save from my last use?
Thanks

Thank you for that.. I didnt know you could turn it all the way off.. The option to turn it off on the official GO 4 app is not there. But I just installed this mod and the option is there.
Havent flown yet.
I am wondering if I use the troll account, do I have to go into my settings every time or will they save from my last use?
Thanks
Nah...i just use my official dji account. Done for months..

Reactions: BlindDude
Nah...i just use my official dji account. Done for months..
OK, thanks again..
Another question, On the official app, I could access it without turning on my controller. Now when I try just open the app, it takes me to wifi. I can only get in there if I turn the controller on.
Is this correct?

OK, thanks again..
Another question, On the official app, I could access it without turning on my controller. Now when I try just open the app, it takes me to wifi. I can only get in there if I turn the controller on.
Is this correct?
I've noticed this too, sort of annoying. But there isnt much to do or change/set in there without rc and ac connected.
You can still open flight logs at top right..

Could you please add the option to use the 2.33 and 2.57GHz frequencies with this modded DJI GO version, please:

howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info]

It can be done with some other versions adding the modified config file, it would be great to do it easily in this version too because it has more advantages.
Even if the app has been posted on this spark forum it can also be used with other DJI drones.

Using the 2.33GHz or 2.57GHz frequencies (apart from boosting the signal to 0.4 or 1W) has been shown to be a good idea, you avoid congested wifi areas.

Reactions: Blellow
I have been using the regular modded app for quite a while now and I truly like it better than the official app. I'm using it on an old phone that is no longer active. It's an LG Stylo 2 and it works perfectly on it. I love in a very Wi-Fi congested neighborhood and I can get almost 4000' of distance even there. I haven't had a chance to get it out into an area where the Wi-Fi congestion is very minimal though. Also, everything works except for "follow me." Even waypoints works. You just have to get the app to create waypoints from Google play. My only complaint is that I cannot change the api of my screen and I cannot always see things like how many satalites I have. Otherwise, it's great. Decided to switch to the lite version as it has offline maps.

I have been using the regular modded app for quite a while now and I truly like it better than the official app. I'm using it on an old phone that is no longer active. It's an LG Stylo 2 and it works perfectly on it. I love in a very Wi-Fi congested neighborhood and I can get almost 4000' of distance even there. I haven't had a chance to get it out into an area where the Wi-Fi congestion is very minimal though. Also, everything works except for "follow me." Even waypoints works. You just have to get the app to create waypoints from Google play. My only complaint is that I cannot change the api of my screen and I cannot always see things like how many satalites I have. Otherwise, it's great. Decided to switch to the lite version as it has offline maps.
Try "follow me" at a higher altitude. For me it worked when I raised the Spark more than 10 meters. It follows the RC/my phone perfectly.

Reactions: Haggi
OK, been using this app for a week or two. NOT ONE CRASH! err or app crash. YAH!!! How very nice its been.
I am using a Note 4. Sometimes I have an icon right below the 3 dots in the upper right that lets me use my phone as the tilt on my gimbal.. Its only showed up twice..
Does anyone know how to enable this?

I am very happy that I can own this app, it's very good work, I have three questions I want to ask.
1) The application asks me if I want to update the flight safety database. Should I choose to update?
2)Should Spark(ex:01.00.1000) or RC have firmware updates, should I update?
3)Can it lift the height limit?

Thank

Last edited:
I see also that GO4 mod doesnt work properly while connected through otg cable - battery data is N/A, device information is also missing

I see also that GO4 mod doesnt work properly while connected through otg cable - battery data is N/A, device information is also missing
Mine is working fine.. Only thing is, I found a link from the OP on page 1 of this thread and I am using that one instead of the 1st thread download.
I dont know what the difference is, but I dont have your problem unless I go too far out and get disconnected.. Sometimes the telemetry (battery level, speed, recording indicator, etc) comes back and sometimes not.

Edit)-- its post #6 one page one.

Any ideas on how to get the Phone/Tilt gimbal control ICON? I have seen it on my phone twice. Once with the official app and once with this app..
Is it a setting on my phone somewhere?
I want to use the phone tilt as gimbal but there is no button under the 3 buttons on top right.

So is there an updated build of this to bring it in line with the latest official 4.2.24 at time of writing. Maybe to support the Mavic air modes etc?

So is there an updated build of this to bring it in line with the latest official 4.2.24 at time of writing. Maybe to support the Mavic air modes etc?

you should read the first post because this build already supports mavics flight modes on the spark, seconde line on the feature description...

• Forced the TX power to FCC limits
  • Enabled Intelligent Flight Modes from the Mavic Pro for the Spark
  • No forced updates - firmware or app
  • Enabled the option whether to cache video locally or not. May reduced crashes and CPU-load if switched off
  • Fake login - You can either login with your real account (online) or use the fake accout. To use the fake account you have to go offline (airplane mode) and put any non-numeric characters in the login box
  • Make DB Public for non-rooted devices @ /mnt/sdcard/DJI/dji_mod_{version_string}.db for offline flight planning
  • Enabled Spark Wi-Fi Channel Select on OTG
  • Remove check for rooted devices
  • OTG Support
  • Sphere Pano Support
  • DJI GO 4 Ver. 4.1.15

Reactions: gileas
Any ideas on how to get the Phone/Tilt gimbal control ICON? I have seen it on my phone twice. Once with the official app and once with this app..
Is it a setting on my phone somewhere?
I want to use the phone tilt as gimbal but there is no button under the 3 buttons on top right.
If I remember correctly, you need to pilot your drone with phone/device only. No remote control connected.
Distances will be restricted.

Is that version compatible with the Mavic Air ? If yes do you get the Asteroid mode ? Thanks !

Looking into maybe upgrading to the Air...although I probably don't need to, hehe...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast