Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

i try before the tss mod up and one time crash....the original app never crash...i have samsung s8..with this app may have problem with crash??

i try before the tss mod up and one time crash....the original app never crash...i have samsung s8..with this app may have problem with crash??
Give it a test, no guarantees, but someone with an S8 tested and reported it working

Testing here with Samsung Tab S2, so far so good! Except for the Map issue. Unfortunately it's too dark here now to continue to fly and test.

Thank you for this, I'm having fun experimenting with this!

Reactions: dubt
Ok, 2.0 update is sorted, along with a LITE version of the app.

Why two versions? Due to the additional features that are added during app cloning and changing the package name, the Here Maps API Key becomes invalid. This is why you cannot install the DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 LITE side by side with the official DJI GO 4 app, because it keeps the same internal name, but allows access to Offline Maps.

Each has specific feature sets:

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0
  • CAN be installed next to the official DJI GO 4 from the Play Store OR DJI GO 4 MOD LITE
  • Scramble Android ID, Android Serial # and IMEI (Just in case DJI catches on)
  • Google Maps (Save offline maps in the official Google Maps app for Offline Maps support [BETA])
  • Force screen on while app is open
  • Auto set brightness to 100% when app is opened
  • Auto enable Wi-Fi when app is opened
  • Auto enable screen rotation
  • Red DJI GO 4 Icon for easier recognition of the modded app
  • Red Status and Nav Bars
  • Disabled App Transitions for faster app performance
  • Auto enable Do Not Disturb mode

DJI GO 4 MOD LITE
  • Can be installed next to DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 but NOT the official DJI GO 4 app from the Play Store due to having the same package name
  • Offline Maps
  • Here Maps
Both Apps Feature:
  • Forced the TX power to FCC limits
  • Enabled Intelligent Flight Modes from the Mavic Pro for the Spark
  • No forced updates - firmware or app
  • Enabled the option whether to cache video locally or not. May reduced crashes and CPU-load if switched off
  • Fake login - You can either login with your real account (online) or use the fake accout. To use the fake account you have to go offline (airplane mode) and put any non-numeric characters in the login box
  • Make DB Public for non-rooted devices @ /mnt/sdcard/DJI/dji_mod_{version_string}.db for offline flight planning
  • Enabled Spark Wi-Fi Channel Select on OTG
  • Remove check for rooted devices
  • OTG Support
  • Sphere Pano Support
  • DJI GO 4 Ver. 4.1.15

The Change Log for each being:

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0
  • Rebuilt and patched from the ground up. I used a clean apk and patched with my additions
  • New Custom Icon
  • Red status and nav bars instead of orange
  • Tested offline and online logins. Both work, just up to you to decide if you want flight records
  • Auto enable Do Not Disturb mode
DJI GO 4 MOD LITE
  • Initial Release

Get your download on!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 - Download
DJI GO 4 MOD LITE - Download

Work fine on 1.1.1 version using OTG. Google Map is loading. Tested indoor flying. I guess it was connected to my Home WiFi that's why the Google Map is loading. My device tested are Nexus 6 and Mate 9. I preferred the Google Maps and the new Beta Maps on 4.1.22. DJI already claimed that the Here Map is not stable that's why the offline Maps are no longer available on 4.1.18 onward.

Last edited:
Work fine on 1.1.1 version using OTA. Google Map is loading. Tested indoor flying. I guess it was connected to my Home WiFi that's why the Google Map is loading. My device tested are Nexus 6 and Mate 9. I preferred the Google Maps and the new Beta Maps on 4.1.22. DJI already claimed that the Here Map is not stable that's why the offline Maps are no longer available on 4.1.18 onward.
2.0 is basically a new repatched apk that I can verify is safe because I patched it on my own PC. Highly recommended to update as it should have the same features as 1.1.1.

What versions of Android are your Nexus 6 and mate 9 running?

Glad you like it!

Reactions: Edikfly
2.0 is basically a new repatched apk that I can verify is safe because I patched it on my own PC. Highly recommended to update as it should have the same features as 1.1.1.

What versions of Android are your Nexus 6 and mate 9 running?

Glad you like it!
Nexus 6 Oreo 8.1.0 and Mate 9 Oreo 8.0.
I will update to your 2.0 and try it with OTGScreenshot_20180107-203604.jpg

Reactions: Edikfly and dubt
This is super awesome. Thank you for all the time and effort in gathering and collecting all information regarding this mod. OTG is strong and works fine on my Samsung S7 running Android 7. 3 batteries in so far. All intelligent flight mode works too. Haven't tried way points yet. Huge learning curve with all these newly enabled modes!

Reactions: dubt and Edikfly
No luck for me.
Crack at start, complaining about a database it can't create or access to.
Tried v1.1.1 and v2 with same results.

Archos Neon 70c running Android 6.

Reactions: olivgr1 and dubt
I believe the issue is the CPU in your device. Android isn't that picky, but sometimes it's is a different enough device, it will refuse to run.

What processor is in it? Mediatek or snapdragon?

If it's neither, that's not a good sign.

If you can't even find a processor name, that's not good sign either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edikfly
Get some incredible shots in Panama!

Do you mind posting the Android version your Nexus 7 is running? Have you left it stock, or flashed a custom ROM?
My nexus 7 is totally stock running Nugget. and fits perfectly in controller after after slight modification. Keep up the good work, Much thanx. will post some shots soon.

Reactions: dubt
Galaxy Tab S3 here. Yesterday I did about 4 hours of flying with the original modded apk from the other post. That one worked flawlessly all afternoon using WiFi. No disconnects, no glitches.

Just did a flight with this mod and the experience was the same. The only issue I had was that Google Maps would not load, just showed blank. I do not have an active data connection when using the Tab S3 as it is strictly a WiFi unit. I do, however, have offline maps downloaded in the Google Maps app and was hoping they would work with your API mod. Seems to only want to work with a data connection.
Same result with nexus 7

No luck for me.
Crack at start, complaining about a database it can't create or access to.
Tried v1.1.1 and v2 with same results.

Archos Neon 70c running Android 6.
I had a similar issue before. Full wipe fixed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast