Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

That FB page sounds interesting but what does his dji go version do and where can it be found? Thanks.

That FB page sounds interesting but what does his dji go version do and where can it be found? Thanks.

Here, scroll down the facebook page and you will find it!

Screenshot-2018-1-19 djidrone sk(1).png

EDIT: this one is like the mod LITE, so you have uninstall the official one (ore mod LITE) but you can have it beside mod 2.0

Ok so what more/less does it do than the one here?

Not completely sure, but it seems like the mod LITE, offline maps but you have to uninstall DJI official. In the video he even shows that you have to delete the DJI folder...aw man he is so precise.
There is a list of patches when you open it.
I tried it and seemed more responsive than 2.0 overall experience was a little bit more relaxing. For example battery level was read in stable way, with 2.0 it was more a jumpy experience, and when i am 1640 ft away, 600 ft up in the sky it makes me nervous. Oh, i will test a lot more now, there is a lot to learn With this app

Reactions: jimmy12
I have a question about using both up to date original GO4 app and GO4 MOD2.0:
I want to use original one with Mavic ( no pano mode in .15) and MOD with Spark (without OTG it's bad joke).
Unfortunatelly, If I fly Mavic on original app, later on MODded app wants to link with Spark RC only via wifi...
Any ideas and help would be splendid ;)
I'm on Xiaomi MI MIX phone.

Reactions: robbiwhiteuk
I have a question about using both up to date original GO4 app and GO4 MOD2.0:
I want to use original one with Mavic ( no pano mode in .15) and MOD with Spark (without OTG it's bad joke).
Unfortunatelly, If I fly Mavic on original app, later on MODded app wants to link with Spark RC only via wifi...
Any ideas and help would be splendid ;)
I'm on Xiaomi MI MIX phone.
Did you kill the DJI original app in background?
Also, please, more detail on your startup routine: would be great for further help.
A screenshot of your phone would help a lot too.

...later on MODded app wants to link with Spark RC only via wifi...
I have flown my dad's Mavic on official, and my Spark on this mod. Both on the same tablet. I've found that I have to do these steps, in order, for OTG to work with the Spark:

1. Power on Spark
2. Power on RC, wait for connection to Spark.
3. Connect OTG cable between RC and tablet. Ignore any popup asking which default app to use.
4. Start modded app. Depending on your version of Android, you may get another popup, you can select "always..." on this one.
5. ???
6. Profit

I'm curious, what FW version are you guys running on your Spark ?

I have 1.00.0701 and I'm finding that OTG is NOT usable with DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 (or my old modded 4.1.9 versions) as I keep getting "No Signal" (no video feed, data is ok) on/off. I thought it might be the cable or a connector gone bad but after finally deciding to try the official 4.1.22 the video feed is fine over OTG.

I think there's a way to downgrade the firmware, in that case it would be down to 1.00.0600 but that would mean losing the Sphere mode so before I do that I'd like to know what FW you guys are using successfully with DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 and OTG, thanks !

Ok, got it working - in big part thanks to your suggestions (Kudos !).
Here is what I did:
  1. Uninstalled anything that has to do with DJI (including deleting the DJI folder);
  2. Installed official DJI GO4 from Play store - latest version;
  3. Launched it with Mavic - all good, pano modes are here;
  4. Closed & killed original DJI GO4;
  5. Installed MOD2.0;
  6. Linked Spark with RC;
  7. Without launching MOD2.0, connected OTG cable to phone;
  8. Connected phone with OTG cable to RC;
  9. Phone displays choice of apps: original DJI GO4 and MOD2.0 -> choosing MOD2.0
  10. MOD2.0 launches, another popup displays asking for permissions for MOD2.0 (red icon) - giving "ok";
  11. Phone works on OTG;
  12. Living happily since then.
Where I could go wrong first time, is probably that after point 3. I have also linked Spark via wifi to RC, under official DJI GO4.
BTW: I was on cellular data transfer all the time, plus MOD2.0 turned wifi on, which I turned off again.
Maps working.

Update: Spark connection tested again, I had to repeat step 8 twice (at first time there was no app choice popup) - rest goes as previously, all fine.

Last edited:

I have 1.00.0701 and I'm finding that OTG is NOT usable with DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 (or my old modded 4.1.9 versions) as I keep getting "No Signal" (no video feed, data is ok) on/off. I thought it might be the cable or a connector gone bad but after finally deciding to try the official 4.1.22 the video feed is fine over OTG.

I think there's a way to downgrade the firmware, in that case it would be down to 1.00.0600 but that would mean losing the Sphere mode so before I do that I'd like to know what FW you guys are using successfully with DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 and OTG, thanks !
I'm on the latest firmware.

I'm on latest Spark FW
Thanks, so 1.00.0900 ? And OTG works fine with DJI MOD 2.0 ?
1.00.0900 confirmed, OTG works fine.
I'm using this cable:
PRZEWÓD TYPE-C KONTROLERA DJI SPARK KABEL TELEFONU

Reactions: leatherneck6017
Thanks guys, there must be something wrong with 1.00.0701 then, will upgrade to 1.00.09 and see how it goes.

Thanks for the link, so I'm not sure what had happened, if there was an issue with 1.00.0600 or if something had got "corrupted" on my Spark but no more "no signal" disconnects after upgrading to 1.00.0900, thanks for the help !

I have to say one thing. Thanks. I couldn't fly my drone with dji go4 because the application crashed constantly with my nougat Android. With this apk I used otg (perfect without lost signal) and I didn't have one crash of the apk. Thanks. Thanks and thanks. I will use this apk and i will not send my drone back to dji. Finaly I can use the drone. The original one is a garbage.

I have to say one thing. Thanks. I couldn't fly my drone with dji go4 because the application crashed constantly with my nougat Android. With this apk I used otg (perfect without lost signal) and I didn't have one crash of the apk. Thanks. Thanks and thanks. I will use this apk and i will not send my drone back to dji. Finaly I can use the drone. The original one is a garbage.
I think this is unbelievable that company with THAT high budget has their main software with 2.7 score on official app store. I can understand a lot: complexity of devices, advanced product level, but it's still a disgrace to the DJI brand name to have that bad opinion on their main software component. I'm still scratching my head how is it possible. And I'm adding my Big Thanks to independent guys working on improving this commercial failure.

Reactions: Vilco and king2k3k4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast